Author Topic: Possible Dragonian Physiology  (Read 1190 times)

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Sith Lord of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
Possible Dragonian Physiology
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:15:00 am »
Technically we never see a Dragonian in the games, but it it stated in Fort Dragonia that they had tails. We also know that they evolved from Reptites.

I was looking at the following image:

In it, you can clearly see a rendering of a bipedal humanoid form with a tail. It is a short stub, but a tail nonetheless. I do not remember seeing any monsters or demi-humans in game that looked like that. Is it possible that might be a Dragonian? It's the top 2 computer renderings in the image. This is of the Chronopois 3F computer room.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Dragonian Physiology
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:21:44 am »
That looks like a pelvis to me, with the standard "tail bone" that even humans have. Considering that the room in question is where Lavos' effects on Human evolution are discussed, and the other three seem to be very clearly indicative of this, it seems unlikely that this one would be the odd one out.

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:36:52 am »
That's true enough. But, to my eye, the image is in a squatting position, so it looks more line an extension than a pelvis. I could be wrong, though. If I am, feel free to correct me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:41:08 pm by DarthMagus »

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:15:51 am »
though i can't determine the length of arms (and thus the ratio of its length to the rest of the body) from that position, but several of the features seem more in common with primates.  The lower mandible and pelvic shape certainly seem along the lines of a chimp or gibbon.  If that room is indeed pertaining to Lavos' effects on the evolution of mankind, then it is probably a primate's physiology.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 11:28:58 am »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:12:50 pm »
Oh wow, I missed that thread. The one in the upper right definitely looks a lot closer to what a Dragonian would be than the image I posted. Fair enough.