Poll

It used to be a few smileys and a Bruce Lee...now it's...well...post a message and see for yourself.

Enough already with the huge, oversized, scary icons, Z!
11 (47.8%)
Suck it, J! Go get your own Compendium.
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: I Think You've Gone Too Far With The Icons, ZeaLitY  (Read 6035 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: I Think You've Gone Too Far With The Icons, ZeaLitY
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 02:11:35 am »
But you're insulting my ass :cry:

If you can find Chrono emoticons, that would be great. I have never been able to find any  :jiraiya: sized emoticons.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 02:19:08 am »
Someone had better make Chrono icons if they want them on the site, because I don't have the time or desire for that. I do have the time or desire for surreal humor, which many people on this site share.

No one needs to make them, it's more of a matter of finding them. I really want to dig up the good ones, but since you don't take anything I say seriously, I'm not even sure if you will use them.

Of course not. Your suggestions are the equivalent of some raging bastard screaming with a bear trap on her leg that prevents her from ever feeling joy. You also have a huge problem about something really tiny, because those extra emoticons are on the pop-up. You don't even have to look at them.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:44 am »
Personally, I don't mind the oversized emoticons, it's the same as if someone posts a meme using the IMG tag. I would have a problem if those huge icons were on the emoticons shortcuts when you post, thought, but they aren't.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 03:35:58 am »
I'm not much of a fan of most of these extra icons, but at least none of them is as horrible as that conehead person, who was bumped so far up the list as to appear on the "Post Reply" page.

I have an idea that should appease everyone: Put all the small and default emoticons first, and don't let any of the larger emoticons high enough on the list that they'll appear on the Post Reply page. Instead, put them at the end of the list. Let's use this one as a size cutoff:

:franky

Then, put the least used ones, like Purple Rain and ZeaLitY's Emoticon of the Day, all the way at the end. Those ones don't get any real use and they're just causing clutter. "Surreal humor" is great, but interfering with the clean use of the site is not.

Oh, and make sure you move :P all the way up to where the other smileys are. Right now it's dead last in the list, and people actually use that one on occasion!

There! Everyone's happy.

:bell

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:02 am »
I'm not much of a fan of most of these extra icons, but at least none of them is as horrible as that conehead person, who was bumped so far up the list as to appear on the "Post Reply" page.

I have an idea that should appease everyone: Put all the small and default emoticons first, and don't let any of the larger emoticons high enough on the list that they'll appear on the Post Reply page. Instead, put them at the end of the list. Let's use this one as a size cutoff:

:franky

Then, put the least used ones, like Purple Rain and ZeaLitY's Emoticon of the Day, all the way at the end. Those ones don't get any real use and they're just causing clutter. "Surreal humor" is great, but interfering with the clean use of the site is not.

Oh, and make sure you move :P all the way up to where the other smileys are. Right now it's dead last in the list, and people actually use that one on occasion!

There! Everyone's happy.

:bell

I'm gunna look for some chrono icons that convey emotion. The problem is that I don't know if gifs  can be used as emoticons. Is there a problem with that? I really like this flea one and that Ayla one that Radical Pan is using right now. There is a website... actually I'll try to see if it still exists.

This site- http://www.videogamesprites.net/ChronoTrigger/ there are lots and lots of emoticons that are relevant.

This one would be really good for surprise...

This one is very silly, and can be used for an "lol" thing...

There are tons, and tons of possibilities. I think I'm going to start a thread and pick the emoticons I like and see if other agree. I just need to know from Zeality or Ramsus if gifs are ok to use as emoticons.

Anyway, J, I quoted you because other than me feeling strongly about getting some chrono icons for the forum, I agree with everything you say and think it should be implemented. Also, I'm disappointed that the one random icon I did like was deleted and that smoking one was put in its place.

One major problem I find with the "surreal humor", if that is the name for it is that no one but Z really gets the reference. Like that stupid cowboy. Everyone but Z and Fafnir didn't get the joke and when a thread was asked about what the hell is up with the cowboy, neither of them said where the reference was from and it was all some in joke that was so hilarious apparently... So if no one gets the reference, I don't get why the Z icons are even needed. Z doesn't even use them himself. If he wants to spam some springtime  youth thing, he uses Naruto pics or something else springtime-related... There are just tons of reasons why I'm opposed to the random pics, but I think that your idea at least is good as a  negotiation.

Edit:

I'm just going to ignore that comment about the raging idiot who never feels joy, or whatever, but I don't get this:

Of course not.

Do you mean you won't upload chrono-related emoticons I find, or the opposite that I'm stupid for insinuating that you won't upload them just because you don't like me? I don't know which it is.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:54:12 am by ZaichikArky »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 05:04:58 am »
Sorry, but you're tuned out. Eccentricities like this are a long tradition of the Compendium that certainly predated you.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 05:37:41 am »
Sorry, but you're tuned out. Eccentricities like this are a long tradition of the Compendium that certainly predated you.
'

Yeah, I completely notice that you tune out everything that I say that isn't a complaint about you being a complete dumbass. At least I don't treat you like shit just because I can't stand you either. Your only redeemable quality is your worth ethic. I can't stand everything thing else about you. At least I will never sink to your level. You need to be careful who you offend. Thanks to your good friend Laith, other people are against you and want to do things you fear.

Anyway, I am done with your forum because I don't do well in places with stupid leaders like yourself. I like everyone else here, but yep, done!

Bye, guys. It was nice knowing you. IM me if you want to be friends later.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 05:48:57 am »
You storm in aggressively complaining about a style change you don't agree with, then aggressively storm out when you don't get your way. Not once did I personally insult you beyond describing your unreasonably choleric behavior, and implying how unfit it is for a request to change something. It was nothing but anger from you, completely and almost humorously out of line given that you were trying to change some smileys on a forum.

Please, work on anger management. This isn't the first blow-up you've had on this forum, but I guess you want to make it your last.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:31 am »
I'm only replying to this because you decided to be mature for once.

I am sick of you treating me and Truth (and probably lots of others in the past) like shit. I know I have anger problems, but you can't anger me more by treating me and others in a patronizing way. I'm sure you think you're so awesome and all, but I don't. I think you are awesome for creating the site and having an amazing work ethic, but I'm tired of being treated this way by you. You need to treat others with more respect. I try to be nice to everyone here, even when I don't agree with what they are saying. Believe me, I don't agree with most of what Truth says, and I hardly agree with anything you say. I still try hard to be normal to you until your next tirade that I don't agree with. Unless you agree to stop name calling and try harder to respect others opinions, I don't think I can stay here and be happy. It's always going to bother me that you do not respect me or Truth, and probably Serge, and whoever next comes along who you don't like. I notice that you treat me and Truth in the same way.  You have nothing to say to him that isn't an insult. Good for him for not being affected by it, I guess. It is extremely offensive to me to treat others this way. I may have anger problems if I'm instigated, but you have basic respect problems. Didn't you once tell me that you strive to be a better person? Then be a better person by treating others like you want yourself to be treated.

I woke up at 6 am randomly and now I can't go back to sleep because I'm still pissed off about this. I thought I wouldn't turn to my "drug dependency" tonight D:.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 05:30:05 pm »
hey guys. guys. guys.
be nice.
lets put past differences aside. i hope im cool with both of you so i can adequately mediate.
for zeality: i love the surreal humor. those emotes have their place in the forum. when someone is asking a stupid question like 'when is ce gonna be released you pussies' you can respond with a simple  :yes
and for when someone is doing something utterly stupid, you can go with a  :picardno

now mind you, of all the emotes we have, only one or two that i see are chrono related. if i have to, ill make the emotes myself in paint and someone can make them transparent (i dont have photoshop). but really, an issue like emotes shouldnt drive away a perfectly good member of our community! we should work it all out.
ill supply food if i have to.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 09:00:55 pm »
:hellyeah

Zai, just type it like you did before and it still appears. Z never erased it; you can still summon the old smilies using their regular forum codes.
:hey

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
I don't care at all so long as they remain in the more tab.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:09 pm »
I tried doing that last night and it didn't work for me. I'll try again.

:hellyeah

Faust, the issue wasn't so much of Zeality removing that one as it was him being a dick to me when I offered to make chrono emoticons and he was basically like "because you're a dipshit, I wouldn't accept them from you anyway!" even though several people want chrono emoticons. Like, I don't want to go through the trouble of chosing all the best sprites just to hear Zeality say "I don't like you so I'm not going to accept them because you suck!".

I wouldn't care so much  if a regular member treated me and others like shit,but a moderator must be an example for the community. You and Ramsus are excellent moderators. V and I have had some arguments, but he tries his best too, and I do appreciate what he does. Zeality, on the other hand is immature and resorts to name calling all the time. I'm sick of him treating others like this. Others treat him normally all the time while he ignores completely what some people say and starts name calling and trolling when he doesnt' like something. I refuse to put up with this 4-chanity. I did not join 4chan. Either he reforms, or I'm out of here. I'm sure he won't reform, so I'm pretty sure I'm out of here.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:25 am »
Man, I'm...just sorry the issue that brought this all to a head were the smilies. Hahaha.

The only thing I worry about with Chrono Trigger sprite emotes is that the forum could turn into Chrono Crisis' old forum. That's incredibly lame, I know; but I couldn't quite put a finger on why I was so ambivalent on this issue before, and that's probably it. I guess I'm wondering what different kind of options we have for Chrono themed smilies. I could see something, for example, that's a pic of some kickass Magus art with the words "Blue and Mighty Fine."

...and the only thing that comes to mind, for some sick reason, is that picture of Magus' ass MK and Zeph were posting before.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:22:54 am by FaustWolf »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2009, 01:42:00 am »
That thar sure is one blue and mighty fine ass!

If this is really so important, we could just go through CHRONO COMIX, pick the best ones, crop them, and use them as emotes. The ass came from COMIX.