Poll

Based on their exploits throughout their lives, which two characters do you think deserve a half-hour sitcom?

Frog & Magus
Marle & Lucca
Ozzie & Flea
Schala & Queen Zeal
Others (Please Specify)

Author Topic: Character Sitcom Poll  (Read 4454 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Re: Character Sitcom Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 02:32:36 pm »

Red Star: Lucca, Marle, Dalton, Robo, Magus, and Alya chase Lavos around the galaxy in a space bus.
Star Trek.

NO! Red Dwarf! Right?

Right! Which means you need to throw Alfador into the mix!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 03:26:12 pm »
My Three Gurus: What ensues when three wise old men get their hands on a time machine, an airplane, and the most evil source of energy in history? Hilarity, of course!
HAAAAAAH. Brilliant.

I'd pick Ayla and Robo for an odd couple type sitcom. Is that creative? I dunno.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 06:23:35 pm »
Not bad! Red Dwarf, Taxi, Home Improvement, Dragnet, and My Three Sons. Dragnet wasn't a sitcom (then again, you could argue the same of Red Dwarf), so for that one I just threw together all the stereotypical crime shows I could think of--including Jake and the Fat Man! For the My Three Sons one, all I ripped off was the title. The rest writes itself!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:16:24 pm »

Simply amazing how the folks here have gone to the lighter side of CT and CC.

Lord J Esq, That "My Three Gurus" things was indeed brilliant.

Now if only Magus had the lighter side of life to bring out his potential as a sitcom character.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:57 pm »
The lighter side of life: Magus finally rescues Schala, but she doesn't know about the whole Fiendlord thing. She's really SUPER EXCITED to be back amongst the living again and with her baby brother (who is now older than her), so he takes her to Truce 1000AD to find her a good home. He doesn't want to come over as the bad guy and spoil her chances so he gets a disguise (thus Guile is born!) and does odd jobs around the town to pay for a home. Gina thinks he's absolutely dashing and lets Magus and Schala (to his protest and Schala's delight) stay at her house, in return for some light chores (cleaning up after the hundreds of cats, changing litter, gardening, repairing things, painting the house five times, cooking, vacuuming, patching the holes in Crono's pants). Schala, of course, loves to explore the new time period with all its new technology (technophobic Magus!). She always asks impossible things of him ("Hey baby brother, let's get a pet dragon!" "Baby brotherrr, that tree is too small, make it giant!"), and, being a wizard, he somehow manages to fulfill all her requests and ends up causing some sort of trouble ("Janus, the dragon ate the castle, fix it!" "Oh no, the tree grew teeth and is rampaging through town!").
Of course, Crono is none too pleased to see the Fiendlord in his living room (hi mom's constant flirting with his new roommate doesn't help either), but after finding out why Magus is here instead of off terrorizing the world, he takes every opportunity he can to pick on the Fiendlord. And while Magus is still all dour and doom and gloom, he can't resist doing everything Schala asks of him, so he never kills Crono or blows up the village (well, he might, but he'll fix it in the end).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
Hmm...
Zephira... You have a genius idea right there. That sounds like something legit. Damn. :D

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:37:07 am »
Wow, Zephira.  You really thought that one out.

Schala, the busy-bee magical sister.
Magus, the technophobic younger brother.
Guile, Magus' convincing alter-ego.
Gina, Crono's caring, yet flirtatious mother.
Crono, the swordsman with teenage angst.

All of these characters rolled into one show make for a great fictional comedy series.

With a log-line like that, you should be a comedy TV writer.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 06:26:43 am »
Honestly?  A sitcom centered around Lucca and the orphans would probably be the best.  Do I even need to elaborate on the many reasons why?

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 02:22:25 pm »
Nice, Zephira! =D

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 03:12:24 pm »
Maybe we should do a sitcom contest for the next fanfiction event. There aren't enough Chrono Trigger humour stories out there (or Cross stories involving Guile). Any other ideas?

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »

An excellent idea, Zephira, and a good point to boot.

hiddensquire, I'd like to know at least a few of the many reasons why.  By all means, elaborate.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 10:22:05 pm »
a nerd and a bunch of kids? sounds like full house.

edit: that was referring to the lucca and the orphans sitcom
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:45:48 am by Mr Bekkler »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:55 pm »
Episode TWO of the sitcom without a name!
"ARGH CRONO YOU PUT POOP IN MY SHAMPOO I'LL KILL YOU" "baby brother I want a puppy :c" "...fine. You die later. I'll go kidnap someone's dog..."
After he gets back with the puppy Schala goes skipping merrily off into the sunset, so now he gets his chance to try and kill Crono BUT gets INTERCEPTED by Gina!
"Oh Mr. Gui~le, why don't you come show mommy dearest those magic fingers of yours~~~" "Schala save me D:"

Frog has to get involved somehow. Maybe as a babysitter, or maybe Schala asks for a pet frog and someone to clean up after the frog, so Magus improvises and gets Frog because he can clean up after himself (I hope).

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:46 pm »
Episode TWO of the sitcom without a name!
"ARGH CRONO YOU PUT POOP IN MY SHAMPOO I'LL KILL YOU" "baby brother I want a puppy :c" "...fine. You die later. I'll go kidnap someone's dog..."
After he gets back with the puppy Schala goes skipping merrily off into the sunset, so now he gets his chance to try and kill Crono BUT gets INTERCEPTED by Gina!
"Oh Mr. Gui~le, why don't you come show mommy dearest those magic fingers of yours~~~" "Schala save me D:"

Frog has to get involved somehow. Maybe as a babysitter, or maybe Schala asks for a pet frog and someone to clean up after the frog, so Magus improvises and gets Frog because he can clean up after himself (I hope).

Oh Zephi I <3 you so much!

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 05:19:13 pm »
Zephira you gotta team up with someone make these into comics or flashes or something!