Poll

Based on their exploits throughout their lives, which two characters do you think deserve a half-hour sitcom?

Frog & Magus
Marle & Lucca
Ozzie & Flea
Schala & Queen Zeal
Others (Please Specify)

Author Topic: Character Sitcom Poll  (Read 4481 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Character Sitcom Poll
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:37:35 pm »

Please remember that this is a satire; i.e. no intention of treating character histories lightly or with indifference.

I'd personally go with Schala & Queen Zeal.  Here's one reason:

Queen Zeal: Schala, go cheer your moody little brother up.

Schala: Why, did his pet cat die or something?

Queen Zeal: No.

Schala: Then what's wrong with him?

Queen Zeal: He just bought a big screen TV.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Character Sitcom Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:47:45 pm »
No one deserves to be thrown to the wolves known as sitcom writers. As far as I see it, the sitcom is dead. I think the last one that was good was Spaced and that was a few years ago now...

But I say Turnip & NeoFio. ;)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:10:23 pm »
I would have said "Crono and Serge," but...yeah.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »
I say Magus and Frog. Any humour show involving a super powerful wizard will probably end up with quite a few explosions or missing organs. Then of course there's the frog who absolutely abhors that man's guts. And if it's a sitcom, they're probably forced to live or work together. Very violent (or romantic?) comedy will ensue.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »
Nu and Mamo. :D
I think everyone should be able to understand this already.
But if I had to go with something else...
Well after watching that it's hard to imagine any others. Maybe something with Robo and Gato...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:51 pm »
C'mon, Turnip & NeoFio's Double Tech is called TOSSED SALAD!! Kevin Smith has created a whole movie career on that joke alone! :lol:

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 09:58:45 pm »
I think Ozzie, Flea, Slash and Magus would make for a good Friends-esque cast.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:53:31 am »
Other! My answer should be pretty obvious, though recently my friends have been making jokes about Magus and Robo absolutely hating each other to hilarious extremes.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 01:03:31 am »
i could see magus and glenn/frog doing some kind of sitcom together. or maybe crono and marle or ayla and kino, or even serge and lynx, kid and lynx, serge and kid, kid and guile, or crono and serge.
but i voted for the first one.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 01:06:08 am »
Now the BEST sitcom would be Magus, Magil and Guile going to high school or running a bar together.
And Robo vs Magus? Magus as a technophobe would be AWESOME (which would make LuMas much more interesting).
What about a LuccaMagusMarle love triangle sitcom?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 01:51:05 am »
I just want a couple that can run around to the Benny Hill theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

What about that Naga, Hench, and Gargoyle like demon in the Cathedral? They seemed exactly like a group that was made for a sitcom.

Also, Lucca and Frog? Lucca's inventions always lead to crazy and wacky adventures and it's up to Frog to solve their problems!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 05:16:34 am »
Well, you know what they say about great sitcoms being ripped off of other great sitcoms. So, in that spirit…

Red Star: Lucca, Marle, Dalton, Robo, Magus, and Alya chase Lavos around the galaxy in a space bus.

Ferry: Serge, Kid, Van, Orlha, Poshul, and Christopher Lloyd pilot ferries for Queen Zeal’s Sunshine Ferry Company, and hang out together in their spare time.

Kitchen Time: Salt and Peppor host a cooking show together on basic cable, but Peppor is always bungling things and causing culinary catastrophes on the air.

Gato and the Cat: Sergeant Gonzales and his trusty partner Alfador fight crime in a city full of lowlifes and hoodlums who love silver points and hate the law. But will they ever defeat Crime Lord Ozzie and his mysterious henchmen?

My Three Gurus: What ensues when three wise old men get their hands on a time machine, an airplane, and the most evil source of energy in history? Hilarity, of course!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 06:26:01 am »
I voted for Magus and Frog due to the whole Odd Couple thing.  Just imagining them squabble over the most mundane stuff make me laugh.  Bitchin' about dishes or laundry or something silly.

"It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"  gives me great hope for the sitcom.  Envisioning the CT characters in that sort of fashion also tickles my funnay bone.  I think of the episode "The Nightman COmeth" where Charlie writes a musical and The Gang screw it up royally.  I could picture Frog as Charlie wiggin out because his masterpiece is wrecked, Marle throwing in her own improv songs, and Magus slurring the words of "Troll Toll"  to make "Boy's soul"  sound like "boy's hole."  But I can really picture Crono as Mac in rehearsals..."Yea when I cross the stage here that'd be a perfect time to showcase some moves....put on a clinic..."

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:02 am »
Wait! I can totally guess where all of these came from!

Red Star: Lucca, Marle, Dalton, Robo, Magus, and Alya chase Lavos around the galaxy in a space bus.[\quote]

Star Trek.

Ferry: Serge, Kid, Van, Orlha, Poshul, and Christopher Lloyd pilot ferries for Queen Zeal’s Sunshine Ferry Company, and hang out together in their spare time.

Love Boat!

Kitchen Time: Salt and Peppor host a cooking show together on basic cable, but Peppor is always bungling things and causing culinary catastrophes on the air.

Home Improvement!

Gato and the Cat: Sergeant Gonzales and his trusty partner Alfador fight crime in a city full of lowlifes and hoodlums who love silver points and hate the law. But will they ever defeat Crime Lord Ozzie and his mysterious henchmen?

I'd say NYPD Blue or Law and Order, but judging by the title, I'd have to go with Jake and the Fat Man.

My Three Gurus: What ensues when three wise old men get their hands on a time machine, an airplane, and the most evil source of energy in history? Hilarity, of course!

Uh...the title is obviously a spoof of "My Three Sons," but you have me stumped on the premise. Quantum Leap, maybe?

Ahah, I'm way too easily amused.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 01:04:29 pm »
I voted for Magus and Frog due to the whole Odd Couple thing.  Just imagining them squabble over the most mundane stuff make me laugh.  Bitchin' about dishes or laundry or something silly.

"It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia"  gives me great hope for the sitcom.  Envisioning the CT characters in that sort of fashion also tickles my funnay bone.  I think of the episode "The Nightman COmeth" where Charlie writes a musical and The Gang screw it up royally.  I could picture Frog as Charlie wiggin out because his masterpiece is wrecked, Marle throwing in her own improv songs, and Magus slurring the words of "Troll Toll"  to make "Boy's soul"  sound like "boy's hole."  But I can really picture Crono as Mac in rehearsals..."Yea when I cross the stage here that'd be a perfect time to showcase some moves....put on a clinic..."

I love you.

Seriously though, picture Magus and Frog being led by Crono, doing in-game stuff while bickering and whatnot.

Red Star: Lucca, Marle, Dalton, Robo, Magus, and Alya chase Lavos around the galaxy in a space bus.
Star Trek.

NO! Red Dwarf! Right?