Author Topic: I'm FINALLY going to Australia!  (Read 1042 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
I'm FINALLY going to Australia!
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:46:43 pm »
Since the site is going down for maintenance, I thought I'd post this a little early. I'm leaving Saturday and won't be back in the US till.... 17th I think? Ok, I don't really remember right now when I'm coming back, but I'm sure I'll stop by here from time to time while I'm there. I probably won't be in the IRC much during that time period, though.

I'm going to be in the Melbourne area. My bestest online friend lives in Australia and I have never met him. We've known each other since 2002, so it's quite exciting. I'm sure we'll get along fabulously : ). I'm scared of kangaroos, but not the other animals, so I think I'll be ok. I want to eat kangaroo and ostrich and LOTS and LOTS of timtams. Unfortuantely, I don't think I'll be able to go to Ayers rock, but I'm sure there is plenty of stuff to do around the Melbourne area.

If anyone wants a postcard, I love sending them out, so please let me know in this thread or PM and i promise to mail you one : D.

:1999

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: I'm FINALLY going to Australia!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 04:08:55 pm »
Hell yeah, I want to go to Australia too. I've got a couple of friends who have been there and I am envious. My property manager is Australian and he tells some real stories...in that awesome Aussie accent. If you're worried about kangaroos--they're not nearly as cuddly or docile as they're depicted in stories--just remember that koalas and dingos can be used as cheap sacrifices to divert a kangaroo's attention.

I'll take a postcard; you can hand it to me in person at PAX! Just don't get one that's contaminated with swine flu.

Have a great trip.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:16:56 pm »
I'll take a postcard; you can hand it to me in person at PAX! Just don't get one that's contaminated with swine flu.

That's New Zealand. It's basically like confusing American with Canada. Or maybe it's spread to Ozzyland, I haven't been keeping up with it that much recently. If so, then I guess I apologize.

Anywho, have fun down under, Zaichi.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:57:35 pm »
NICE!  I've wanted to go for some time, now.  FIND CHRIS LILLEY FOR ME!!!! That's your one goal, forget your friend!!! 8)

If you find Chris Lilley in character as Mr. G somewhere I will marry you.

Have an awesome time!!!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 06:04:09 pm »
@Lord J, sure thing about the card. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

When I happen upon a kangaroo, I'll make sure to find a koala to throw at it XD;. I told my friend I'm scared of them and don't want to be maimed and he said that I'll be fine because they only really try to target males to maim because he said that male kangaroos want to 'claim' females and are aggressive towards men because they want to claim their females. Then he told me his dad was punched by one because it was trying to claim his daughter XD;. I'm sure there have been accounts of women being killed by kangaroos too, so I just want to keep at least 100 feet away from them in general!

@Truth. I am pretty sure both Australia and New Zealand have swine flu. Then again, it has never been somethign I have even remotely been worried about. I have had the flu before and now most accounts say that the swine flu is no more dangerous than the normal flu. I have heard of people online who have had the swine flu and yeah, all have survived.

@Shee, I am way more interested in finding Chopper.

This has to be one of my most favorite sketches EVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:12:30 pm »
Well then!  That was pretty damn funny!  I guess....keep an eye out for me??? 

Maybe this will help nudge ya in the right direction! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_qh3urEOK8&feature=fvst

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:24 pm »
^ Yeah, I checked out a few of his sketches. It seems like they all involve being a sterotypical fruit... which is pretty funny in of itself. Reminds me a bit of Bruno except not to that extreme.

Also, I'll keep an eye out for you when you get famous! Or... I'll visit LA some time :3. Certainly easier for me considering it's 6 hrs away and not... 20 BY PLANE >_>;. I have never been on such a long trip before and I hate being on planes for such a long time : (. I hope the time goes by quickly enough....

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 12:59:58 am »
Whoa, 20 hours! Not all in a single plane, is it? Or is it like a flight straight from California to Australia?

Watch out for the Roo crossings, and good luck! Let us know how the beer is over there if you have any, I'm curious.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:47:01 am »
Hope you have a safe and really fun trip, and that you guys get to do plenty of fun things around Melbourne.  Sounds exciting!

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:53 am »
LOL i know i shouldn't say it but i also livw in Melbourne, Australia!

You will have fun coming to Melbourne and don't worry about kangaroos we eat them here...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 04:46:21 pm »
Ostrich is interesting. It kind of tastes like a cross between dark meat turkey and red meat. I found kangaroo to taste like red meat, but redder.

Have a good trip!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 10:09:06 pm »

You will have fun coming to Melbourne and don't worry about kangaroos we eat them here...

Cool. Melbourne seems like a really nice place. I hope the weather won't be *too* cold while I'm there.

If you see a weird American wandering around, you should say hi, maybe it will me me! LOL.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 02:57:20 am »

Cool. Melbourne seems like a really nice place. I hope the weather won't be *too* cold while I'm there.

If you see a weird American wandering around, you should say hi, maybe it will me me! LOL.

LOL, cool bad luck i don't leave near the city! Don't forget to taste koala meat is the best!

Edit: Yup, it is really cold right now!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 08:39:24 am »
Helloz everyone. I'm in Australia now (obviously) and having a very fun time.... though we haven't done much sightseeing yet, I think we are tomorrow. Mostly today my friend and I just hugged a lot today XD;

Oh and we went to the mall and saw Coraline. Even though it was the half price today, the tickets were several dollars more expensive than in America. Ah well. It's nice to get a second chance to see Coraline in theaters since I missed it in America.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend of his he always talks about and we're going to downtown to some museum...(I don't really remember which one). If I take pictures, I'll try to post some : ).

I'm comissioning him to draw me an action Ayla! He's a very talented artist. I hope that he finishes it by the time I leave... hehe. Though he might not get a chance to since he's always busy trying to entertain me.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 10:50:50 am »
I fought a kangaroo when I was in second grade. No joke. I was in Waratah Park in Sydney, and in the front you can buy bags of "animal food" which is just Smacks (the breakfast cereal) without any sugar on it. They tell me "Don't show them the bag! Just pour a little bit of food out on your hand and walk up really slowly." So of course, me being like 7, I stomp all the way up to the kangaroo and shove the brown paper bag up against his nose, and he starts trying to take it from me, so I push his nose away, and he starts clawing at my hands. I kicked him and dropped the bag and My dad pulled me away before the thing jumped on me. It hadn't stopped clawing, even while I was being lifted into the air. He hated me. But I gave him food!

Of course, while it was going on, my parents took plenty of pictures. Instead of helping, that is.

Anyway, I guess my point is...don't do that ^.

Mostly today my friend and I just hugged a lot today XD; he's always busy trying to entertain me.
Uh huh. "Hugged". Sure. All day. Uh huh.

Just be safe!