0 (0%)
Probably
2 (10.5%)
Probably Not
4 (21.1%)
Almost Definitely Not
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: PAX 2009 -- A Compendium Posse?  (Read 2595 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: PAX 2009 -- A Compendium Posse?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
Just print out one of the Compendium banners or something...Now I want to go! I've got some moneys, but no ride...I probably shouldn't though as I'm going on a trip later that month & should save moneys til then...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:08:02 pm »
After my niece met up with a friend online and they thought she was kidnapped only to find she ran away, everyone I knew flipped out.
Even if I'm on my own, I'd never hear the end of this if I went THAT far.
Besides, even if I could handle the complaints and the annoying "You're gonna get attacked!" or if they'd listen to "I can kick a black belt's ass, so why is it I couldn't handle myself if one nobody tried attacking me?", I'm sure that I still couldn't make it since I'm going on vacation around then.

On top of all this...my identity... IS SECRET! At best I'd ruin gender(although I think that one's a little more obvious but in case it isn' I'll tell you you're wrong even when you're right :lol: ) and even then how fun would it be to hang out with someone fully covered head to toe... then again I suppose it could be more fun if I were disguised as Frog  :mrgreen: !

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 03:35:18 pm »
I won't be there on Sunday, but if the meet up is on Friday or Saturday, I'll swing by.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 08:22:50 pm »
I so VERY badly would love to meet up with fellow Compendium-ites!

HOWEVER... whoever the planners of PAX are, they should be seriously scolded or something for being such dorks and having it be the SAME WEEKEND as the anime convention "KumoriCon" in Oregon  (which I've already planned to attend the first day of). UGH...

If somehow the meetup idea could maybe be the last day, Sunday, then maybe I could swing by there on my way home from the con (and that'd rock, because I could introduce a friend of mine to you who cosplays as Queen Zeal). And of course it would be great for the place of this to take place be somewhere easy for folks to be able to recognize/find (I think a good location idea would be the part of the convention center that's on the 1st floor near a mini Zen garden that has this awesome old bell; definitely easy to get to since it's merely a walk from the main entrance and beyond the escalator). Btw, I know the convention center inside & out, since that's where "SakuraCon" takes place each year (my favorite con and one I've proudly been going to for the past 7 years; and next year, there's a cool CT/CC photoshoot being planned for SC - hopefully if I can manage it, I might cosplay as Janus).

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 11:03:03 pm »
I so VERY badly would love to meet up with fellow Compendium-ites!

HOWEVER... whoever the planners of PAX are, they should be seriously scolded or something for being such dorks and having it be the SAME WEEKEND as the anime convention "KumoriCon" in Oregon  (which I've already planned to attend the first day of). UGH...

Hm no! Because then I wouldn't be able to attend both cons in one weekend :3.

So the update is that me and my friend are most likely going to PAX. We are trying to work out a situation where we can work both cons in, but I can't arrive in portland and that makes it more difficult >_>;

So I hope that we can arrange a meeting on both Saturday and Sunday, because I think I may only be at PAX on Saturday.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 03:16:50 pm »
How about a poll added to decide the date? It looks to be in Favor of Saturday so far.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »
Wow...I would love a chance to meet y'all!  It would probably be more of a "silent nod of knowing" than anything else but still...

THOSE who do go...take some pics!!!!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 07:10:27 pm »
My friend decided that she would prefer not to go to Kumoricon. That is ok with me so we will be at PAX for at least Saturday, and probably Sunday too.  She will be dressed as some slutty character (and I use that endearingly, it's her thing and she is very proud of it and I kind of am too : D. One year she dressed as someone from DOA Volleyball, another as one of Capcom's cat girls... the white one. One year she was more conservative, dressing as a girl from Battle Royale, though the outfit was still pretty skimpy). I will be dressed as a Japanese Lolita (though it's kind of hard to imagine lol). I hope I can find something better to complete my outfit... I need a better top, but it's so hard to find genuine lolita wear that isn't completely out of my budget >_>.

I hope to see as many of you as I can there. I've never been to a VG con, so I thought I'd try one out and see how it compares to anime cons.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:42 am »
To accomodate people's odd plans, I propose that two meetups be done.

(and that Sunday's be at a decent time, like at 3pm...so I can show up)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 12:32:14 am »
^ Looks like that is what we are going for. I can probably be at both meet ups, saturday and sunday. I hope that who will go, can come to both meetups. I will most likely be at both of them, no matter the time (just not early in the morning, please, I never wake up before noon).

I'm commissioning a loli top and my outfit should be complete by the con. I can't wait. During my last con, my loli outfit was no where as good as this one is going to be. I'm going to look so pretty : D. I wish I'd have gone with a game character for 2009, however. I've cosplayed game characters two... maybe 3 times and this year I decided to do a Japanese lolita so it's not exactly fitting for PAX, but oh well.