Author Topic: Autumn Update - Music & Fan Works  (Read 6374 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Autumn Update - Music & Fan Works
« on: September 24, 2009, 05:17:58 am »
Or Fall Update, if you're so inclined! An incredible amount of fan art and fanfiction has been cranked out over the last two months, and I've also enhanced the music pages in certain ways. There's definitely more to come as the analysis review is finally, finally completed. Then it's on to adding Chrono Trigger DS content and analysis, which will at last leave us with an updated Compendium. Until then, there are a bevy of more doujins to be added to the listing, and by the next update, perhaps there'll be another boatload of fan work to delight the eyes. Let's get started!

[MUSIC]  The Chrono Trigger DS OST has been added to the Music (Chrono Trigger) page with scans and a purchase link. Thanks to Guru of Life Radical Pan, we also have original Japanese and romaji song names for all the Chrono Trigger songs (yes, that broken romaji from 2004 is finally fixed!). This work culminates in a table guide she produced using the Chrono Trigger DS track list; view it here. By the way, here is a shout-out to her own Chrono website!  [2]  I've added a listing for Yasunori Mitsuda's new release, Colours of Light, to the Music (Chrono Cross) page. It doesn't contain anything new; it's a compilation album of his past vocal works, including Radical Dreamers ~The Unstolen Jewel~. Thanks to Radical Pan for bringing it to my attention.  [3]  We've discovered, thanks to Radical Pan's new scans, that comments by Masato Kato, Hiromichi Tanaka, and Noriko Mitose have not been translated from the Chrono Cross OST liner notes. Scans have been added to Material Requiring Translation. We've also found untranslated liner notes in the Chrono Trigger DS OST; these too have been added to the Material Requiring Translation page.  [4]  Radical Pan has also contributed an assistance guide to the main Music page[5]  Lastly, I've gone through and added existing VGMdb.net links for every album listed on the music and album & doujin pages.

[FAN WORKS]  User G4briel has made a tribute video to the Mode 7 pendulum introduction in Chrono Trigger; check it out here[2]  GenesisOne is undertaking one of the most novel and interesting projects ever done in the community; he's making a virtual pinball game based on Chrono Trigger! As a pinball enthusiast, it's a project well-suited for his hands. Feel free to go provide input on the game elements at this thread and see his work on the animation so far!  [3]  neo-fusion is working on Chrono Trigger Apocalypse V, the next episode in his flash series, but needs some help programming. If you can help, check out his thread here[4]  I've added Lance's Chrono Alter RPGMaker project to the Fan Projects page.

[FANART]  mysticalpha has put up two new comics and a fantastic render of Marle; check here, here, and here; great as always!  |  Sooperkreep has taken his skill to physical art with a Magus figure.  |  Ali Zaid makes his first contribution with a Crono Alpha Version sprite.  |  After long hours in Paint, ONSLAUGHT brings a piece called Fury of the Prince.  |  SleepDoodle has allowed us to host her comic here.  |  TheMage provides two more, the Zeal Family Portrait and Kid's new hairstyle.  |  Ema also contributed with Queen Zeal Showdown sketch.  |  Deserver's submitted new Wild West Chrono sprites: [ Crono-inspired character - Lucca? - Magic V2 - Schala Magic - Schala with Crossbow - Steena ]  |  GenesisOne has made his mark on the fan art page with Crono Awesum and Schala Awesum.  |  We've got several entries from kyo koizumi, who makes his debut on the site: [ 3 Heroes - ALFS - ATTACK LYNX - Ayla Leah - Crono Marle - CRONO ROBO - Feral Cats - FF7 Heel Team - FROG - JOHNNY - Kato's Kid sketch - Lucca & Fei - Lynx Revenge - RADICAL DREAMERS ]  |  Next is Uboa with four well-drawn Magus sketches: [ 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ]  |  Lastly, ONSLAUGHT has contributed more Chrono Panda images, including a guest piece by TheMage at the end: [ Crono Has Fallen - I Do What I Want - Panda Magus - Panda Trigger - Panda Gaspar - WELCOME TOT HE PARTY! - Panda Crono Spritesheet - Hidden Lucca - Panda Gang vs. Lavos - Where's Your Entity Now? - Crono Has Changed - Jail Panda (by TheMage) - Chrono Panda (by GenesisOne) ]

[FANFICTION]  The Princess has finished a delightful psychological thriller about a few teenagers who travel through time by way of special doors in the Seven Koopa Hotels™. Please to reADiNg jaja a tor?  |  alfadorredux is continuing Chrono Helix, the script project. Things are getting really interesting, and reception has been fantastic. Give it a read for a new perspective on Chrono Cross by clicking here.  |  Zipp Dementia has released new chapters of Chrono Break, which has been relocated to Fanfiction.net. Go check it out!  |  GenesisOne is still cranking out textual episodes of The Real World: Chrono Trigger; you can find the latest here.  |  V Translanka is next with Hot Lead, a short action piece about Lucca.  |  Lastly, we've got BigVinu's new Crimson Echoes fanfic about the Mystical Knights, entitled Echoes of the Magi. [hidden]

Those who want the art used in the autumn update graphic: http://pinakaguwaping.deviantart.com/art/Tiger-in-the-Sunset-TerragenEd-13104862[/hidden]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn Update - Music & Fan Works
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 02:18:30 pm »
GO GO CHRONO FAN COMMUNITY!

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »
Haha, just for the note, xradicaldreamers.net is not really a Chrono site, we intended to make a section but... eh too much work to even get close to the compendium, haha. It's more of a music website, mainly having a X JAPAN website. But the Chrono spirit is in it!

I'll let Pan post something else ;o

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:07:25 pm »
Yay update!! Thanks ZeaLitY and Faust for your help on all that stuff again  :D Soon I'll post a document like I did with CT DS OST, but with Chrono Cross.

Btw... WOAH, those fanarts are amazing o_o keep on the good work guys. ONSLAUGHT!! your project is simply amazing, I'll look forward it, I adore pinball :3

Oh, and it will be matter of time, but I have a HUGE surprise, it only needs to get here, which may take a couple of weeks. Don't ask for clues! I intend to keep the secret.  :grimm

:bell

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:09:49 pm »
Am I the only one that's seeing the third table messed up here? Disc 3:
http://chronofan.com/Black/Publications/CTMusic.html

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:11:24 pm »
Uhh true, you're right, it's messed up to the left XD

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:26 pm »
OHMIGAWD!!!!
I made front page! Huzzah! A dream come true! And I didn't see yet that pic genesis did, looks nice!