Author Topic: Adding Cross models and images to encyclopedia  (Read 42370 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Cross models and images to encyclopedia
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »
The only problem is the transparent color.
Although most of them are OK, but it is better to keep the palettes same as original tim files.

Double Texture Enemies:

BlackDragonBattleTex RIGHT.png
GaraiBattleTex LEFT.png
HydraBattleTex LEFT.png
HydraBattleTex RIGHT.png
TyranoBattleTex RIGHT.png

Normal Enemies:

GloopBattleTex.png
JellyBlubbaBattleTex.png
MegaStarkyBattleTex.png
UnknownBattleTex.png

--------------

BTW, Crossbone's texture is 128*176, should be 128*256.

---------

The Geos' texture works strangely, see below.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:12:24 am by utunnels »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 03:38:00 am »
Because utunnels had trouble opening my previous 7z of Chrono cross models, I've uploaded it again. (Even I couldn't get the password right). Password is "dcba5yz" this time.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3T9CZFT3

I've also attached some models I've identified. (No converted textures because I'm not sure how well I'm doing at that.)

Some models, such as Una and the sawfish, appear in rooms for no apparent reason.

Some models that look promising from the texture, might turn out to be disappointing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:21:40 pm by Vehek »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:59 am »
Thank you Vehek.

BTW, anyone notice that Skelly's model is flipped left-right?
I don't know whether other models have the same problem, since most of them are symmetrical.
 :?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:53:20 am by utunnels »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »
Huge thanks for the second disc models Vehek. I've got all the disc 1 field models Identified but I need to apply the labels to the individual files now, which will take some time. Bah. I can upload specific ones that might be of most interest (Johnny, etc).

utunnels, if those are the only texture issues you've encountered so far I'll correct those and reup tonight.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 09:06:38 pm »
Here's the models with updated textures in the cases utunnels pointed out. I'm not sure what to do about Geos -- I'd be willing to bet that that big black hole in the middle of the texture is the culprit; maybe if we fill that in, but it's technically changing the original texture...

Also, Jellyblubba is interesting. There's actually two textures in there I think, each possibly with its own palette. I have an ALTERNATE battle tex in there for that one, but it's slightly lower quality because there were something like 270 colors between the textures. I'm not sure how those are supposed to be subdivided palette wise, but that could be determined by looking at Jellyblubba in VRAM and matching up the palettes in a VRAM dump using PVV3. I'll check this out sometime, because I'm curious.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uqgmyc

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:29 pm »
JellyBlubba has a "core", so it uses 2 textures.

And maybe the alternate colors are used to create the glow effect (palette animation)?
It also uses alpha blend like the TimeDevourer shell, but I don't know how to do that in a 3d rendering software.

BTW, can you dump the original 16bit palette for TimeDevourer? I doubt that choose colors with the highest bit set to 1 are used to create the alpha channels, but maybe I'm wrong, the engine can use another picture for the alpha channels.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:30:26 pm by utunnels »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:11 pm »
I believe the Time Devourer palette(s) should be identical to the 256 entry palettes for the PNGs I provided, but since they were acquired through TileMolester I'll check that out whenever I get a chance to look at Jellyblubba's palette in VRAM.

For the field model TIM textures Vehek, you can feel absolutely comfortable converting them through TIMView's batch TIM > BMP feature. I think. There's surely no way I'm doing the disc 1 model textures one-by-one in Tilemolester, hahaha.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:39 pm »
Nah, I mean the 16bit color palette(s) used by tim.
Usually the colors with the highest bit set to 1 are used for alpha blending, like the Pod below (I wrote the 2d blending code).
http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/8/8a/Terra_tower_top_hall_2.png

However, i have no idea how to do that in a 3d rendering software like blender.
In that case, those enemies with alpha blending effect will look ugly: TimeDevourer, JellyBlubba, RoyalJelly...

----
Edit*

Added a fake alpha channel to show the core.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:09:41 pm by utunnels »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 11:37:12 pm »
Hah, it seems the black dragon texture still missed the transparent color.
 :picardno

I'm lazy to check other models, since it is simple to edit the image by oneself.

The attachments are the edited black dragon texture and the rendering effects (with/without transparent color).

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 01:13:37 am »
I have my own concerns about just converting with TIMviewer.
For example, Gato has some black around his eyes which is not transparent. When I convert the TIM, the non-transparent black merges with the transparent black.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 01:33:36 am »
We did have an issue similar to that in Magus Unmasked -- I always wondered why Magus would turn black as opposed to black-transparent when warping to the Darkness Beyond Time. There could be some nuance in the field model texture data we haven't picked up on, and which TIMViewer doesn't preserve (I used TIMViewer for the BMP-to-TIM conversions).

utunnels, I just now remembered that I had been setting pure black to transparent in the battle texture PNGs on my end when we were working on creating a model pack before. Third time's a charm...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ci1rk

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 01:39:00 am »
Because utunnels had trouble opening my previous 7z of Chrono cross models, I've uploaded it again. (Even I couldn't get the password right). Password is "dcba5yz" this time.

Ah, what happened?
It still won't open.

:(

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 01:41:04 am »
We did have an issue similar to that in Magus Unmasked -- I always wondered why Magus would turn black as opposed to black-transparent when warping to the Darkness Beyond Time. There could be some nuance in the field model texture data we haven't picked up on, and which TIMViewer doesn't preserve (I used TIMViewer for the BMP-to-TIM conversions).

utunnels, I just now remembered that I had been setting pure black to transparent in the battle texture PNGs on my end when we were working on creating a model pack before. Third time's a charm...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ci1rk

Yeah,  the safest method is checking the actual value of the original 16bit palette.
For example, 8000 is transparent color, but 0000 is pure black. Although they will be both pure black when converted to 24bit mode.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:10 am »
Ah, what happened?
It still won't open.
Sigh... I must be bad at making sure I encrypted it with the right password or something these days. (Once again, I'm having trouble myself opening it.)

Let's try a different tactic. I'm going to use attachments, unencypted.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:26:59 am by Vehek »

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 02:11:09 am »
Part 2. (Rooms 493-537)