ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Enough
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:33 am »
I am fucking sick of the Compendium being my rationalization tool for not getting work done in other areas of my life. It goes that if I work on the Compendium, even if I'm doing so at a snail's pace and updating something ridiculously unimportant like the Concerts page, I can rationalize that I'm productive inside and postpone work on other areas that I do want to work on but never get to, since I feel like the Compendium's something that should be done before I move on. The Compendium's not going to be updated until:

• 38 (yes, dear God) doujins are added to the albums and doujin page and CSMA
  • Finish the fucking analysis review
  • Add Chrono Trigger DS content AND Chrono Trigger DS analysis to the site
  • Create the to-do list forum and put it under News and Updates to add gravity to it

And I could very easily just leave this stuff and go on and start proper language learning and investigating feminism on my own time instead of spending it chasing projects that date from my personal history 5 years old, but that's not the springtime of youth. How stupid would it look if I just got up and left? "Oh, you can't do everything you want if you work hard; you'll have to make concessions." To hell with that.

2 weeks.

I am going to obliterate the above in 2 weeks. I did this before in early 2006 when I got so sick of being webmaster of a 10%-complete site that I spent all of January and February writing most of the encyclopedia and creating all the analysis pages by reviewing 2 and a half years of analysis and mentally sorting it all out.

So, 2 weeks. If anyone wants to help, get me a complete Chrono Trigger DS Japanese, English, and French extraction (with RomJuice or whatever's necessary), and I'll put it together in a five-column Excel spreadsheet (CT DS Japanese, CT DS French, CT DS English, Woolsey English, Retranslation English). We may not be able to get location images, but I won't settle for not having a script.

Jecht: The great Jecht also has dreams!

Let's see if I can walk what I talk and be a total nekketsu son of a bitch. Two weeks.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Enough
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:04 pm »
Well, I remember already getting a CT DS French script. But if you want the Japanese script, then you need someone who can identify a whole lot of kanji, or some way to identify them automatically.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:56:32 pm »
Vehek, what format's the CT DS Japanese script in? Any way of easily converting it into uncompressed Shift-JIS? Or at least an uncompressed relative alphabet of some sort?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:59:24 pm by FaustWolf »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:04:08 am »
It's in some format that puts the letters/characters in no particular order. Roman letters, numerals, hiragana, and katakana are easy enough to get, since the game stores PC names in SHIFT-JIS and so needs to convert them.
Still, there's a lot of symbols.

There are also some differences in the Japanese script compared to the SNES version, besides just using more kanji.
Some that I remember:
  • The race manager at the fair has an extra block telling you about when you'll be able to bet.
  • Taban's line in the main ending.
  • Yuji Horii's developer ending line

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:24:42 pm »
I WIN.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 09:19:40 pm »
DUCK YEAH.  (congrats, and glad to see you held yourself to it)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »
You hadokened the crap outta that.

You Win! Perfect!