Author Topic: Chrimson Echoes - The DVD Expierence  (Read 13894 times)

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Chrimson Echoes - The DVD Expierence
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:44 am »
I've started transcoding the CE play through so I can get some DVDs set up.  It is looking like 3 or 4 DVDs is going to be what it takes.  Once done I'll distribute the VIDEO_TS folders in a torrent for burning or watching.

I tried to resize with as little blockynes as possible.

If anybody would like to donate some ideas for menu design I'd gladly accept.  They would need to be 720x480.  

I will put some some screen shots of the resized video shortly

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:30:41 pm by KillaGouge »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrimson Echoes - The DVD Expierence
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:46:28 pm »
Nice work KillaGouge! That's a pretty good resize.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »
It took a while to realize that the best way was a 215% resize and fill out the rest with the black boarder.

Wow, got some videos loaded up, and it turns out I can fit about 19 to 20 clips on 1 video with a decent bitrate.  That puts it at 5 single layer DVDs, would the community still be interested in me releasing the files?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:48:26 pm by KillaGouge »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:16:59 pm »
Will it still have those note thingies (I keep forgetting what they're called >_<)?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:21 pm »
Nope, the notations are a Youtube exclusive, unfortunately, unless anything's been added to the raw AVIs.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:32 am »
Is that something the community would be interested in?  If so, it might take a little longer.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:03 pm »
Well, would it even be necessary to have that style of notations? Couldn't you go so bold as to have DVD-style director's audio commentary? Shit, that'd take forever though and you'd need all the "directors" to record their commentary.

And as far as menu design goes, you gotta utilize that now-famous image of Chrono looking at the Frozen Flame. If I get the time, I'll make a mockup of the menu.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »
 :picardno

could you like me that picture you are talking about?  I don't know what you are talking about

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 01:00:39 pm »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:08 pm »
:picardno

could you like me that picture you are talking about?  I don't know what you are talking about
Hah, I figured some members wouldn't remember the image. Many thanks to Kid123 for re-posting it. I'm gonna work on a quick menu for you, feel free to turn it down.

Actually, scratch that, everything I've tried to make has looked like shit. I'll see what I can do, but hopefully someone else will make a good menu for ya.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:46:43 pm by mav »

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 02:09:30 pm »
In response to the question about the annotations, here is my transcription of part 001's.  I estimate about a total of 20 mans hours to transcript all 90.  So I'm gonna get cracking.  Does anybody know any fansubbers, or know how to make subtitles?

0:00 - 0:15 This is seriously the beginning of the game.  People will say it got added after the C&D, I swear it wasn't.  You can ask any of the beta testers. --JP

1:35 - 1:51 You're about to see the debug room.  Obviously if we would have gotten to finish we would have sent you straight to the prologue.  Oh yea, here comes Darkken's amazing potraits too!  --JP

2:00 - 2:09 These guys didn't move at first. Z, wanted me to add a little life to this scene. --JP

2:13 - 2:18 Ditto for this kid.  --JP

2:29 - 2:35 Yup, Crono talks in CE, because there is no "main character" this time around.  --C99

3:18 - 3:44 Names for items were from a fellow team member.  Z gave descriptions for prett much every single item.  Also this is a new game+ playthrough obviously.  --JP

3:48 - 3:53 A beta tester INSISTED, that I make the blinds closable again.  --JP

4:10 - 4:15  We made this quest optional because feedback from the demo said it was boring.  --JP

4:25 - 4:35 As you might recall, the demo was set in 1,002 AD.  AFter the release of CT:DS, we adjusted a few details in the plot and made it set in 1,005 AD instead.  It wasn't a compromise...It definitely improved the game.  --C99

5:56 - 6:00 Hope you aren't bored! This are about to pick up.  --ZEAL

6:06 - 6:15 This is the first brand new map of the game.  Enjoy :) --JP

6:17 -  6:23 Notice the music loudness go down? That is tanks to the exceptional attention to detail of C99 and Z. I never even think of that kind of stuff while I work on it. --JP

7:05 - 7:09 This rom used to have some importance, but the quest got scrapped.  --JP

7:18 - 7:26 This room that you never get to enter sort of turned into an inside joke for me. I'm not even sure why we put a door there at all. --JP

7:27 - 7:33 There obviosuly tons more to explore here )two continents) but this video was made as a "walkthrough" video.  Not a show off the game video.  We destroyed all of the romes cause of the C&D so we can only show video we created for the walkthrough during the beta testing stages.  --JP

7:33 - 7:38 Speaking ofthe Cathedral, I originally imagined a library and other places, but hell, they wouldn't have had any relevance to the plot. So thoes sinkholes became permanent. -- ZEAL

7:46 - 7:53 The following cutscene was kind of wordy, so I added the character animations to make it more lively. --C99

8:17 - 8:22 Yes, that was the intro to Ayal's theme looped twice.  --ZEAL

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »
I've looked around for subtitle creators, but have never used on personally. There's a program called SubtitleCreator; I think you make the DVD, then utilize this tool to create a subtitle file...It probably needs quite a bit of work to figure out, but that's a good bet for now...

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:31:46 pm »
There are a bunch of different subtitling programs out there--I think Aegisub is currently popular with some fansubbers, and SubStation Alpha was heavily used for many years, although I suspect its formatting capabilities are limited. videohelp.com is probably the place to look for software downloads or tutorials.

Before doing anything, though, find out what kinds of subtitles the program being used to author the DVDs is capable of accepting--I don't think many subbing programs deal in the VOB format used by DVDs. SRT, ASS and SSA are all common text-subtitle formats.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »
Thank you for the info.  I will look into what Adobe Encore supports.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »
Doesn't Encore make use of a subtitle track? I believe you can create them in a text file and import them straight. I did a quick glimpse of this website, and it seemed fairly straightforward.