Author Topic: "We Are on the Cruise" Mega-Update! CT OST Re-released!  (Read 7900 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
"We Are on the Cruise" Mega-Update! CT OST Re-released!
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:52:36 am »
Welcome to the "We are on the cruise!" mega-update, unleashed on the last day of July as a youthful, passionate hurrah for summer. This brings the to-do list down to the analysis reviews and CT DS information for the encyclopedia. We're almost to the point of being able to call the Compendium "up to date" for the first time in probably over a year, so hurry, draw a bunch of fan art to slow the process!

NEWS  >>>  [1]  Square has rereleased the soundtrack of Chrono Trigger, including a DVD of Yasunori Mitsuda and two orchestral tracks. We really don't know too much information, since all the press has been in Japanese. I can't even really make an entry in the Music (Chrono Trigger) encyclopedia page at this point. You can find it here. If anyone buys it, let me know so we can get the track list translated and find out what else is on it.  [2]  I've added the Chrono Trigger Ultimania translations done earlier this year to Supporting Material Translation, along with the Room #4 - Yasunori Mitsuda interview from Chrono Cross Ultimania done by Chronoshock, which no longer exists.  [3]  Compendiumite Magus22 was able to get a response from Yasunori Mitsuda, using his webmaster Procyon Studio account. Mitsuda wrote, "Hello Square-Enix fan, thank you for mail. You are not first to send mail to us. My good friend Kato-san realize demand for Chrono sequel at the time. They will look at Chrono around web. Best can do Steve. Gratefully, Yasunori Mitsuda."

CROSS  >>>  [1]  utunnels has solved the mystery of Ghetz's Shirt. It is dropped by a Wraith, but the Wraith in question can't be found in-game. The Wraith is monster #105, and #104 is the Gloop from the Viper Manor sewers. From this, we can guess that the Wraith near the hole at the sewer forest exit was probably going to be the Ghetz's Shirt Wraith, but the developers forgot to put it there, or mistakenly placed a normal Wraith there instead. You can see the Wraith in question here. Many thanks to utunnels for solving this at last!  [2]  Thanks to utunnels and his parsing of Chrono Cross Ultimania, enemy types have been added to the Chrono Cross monster encyclopedia. Each enemy has a specific type (or none), leaving them vulnerable to certain weapons. Check it out here.

TRIGGER  >>>  [1]  I've gone through all the Prerelease monsters again, aided with GlitterBerri's script translation, and reorganized the Monsters (CTP) page while adding several new entries. We finally have an image of the different Queen Zeal face sprites, too; check it out here.  [2]  Chrono'99 has found more Chrono Trigger cameos, this time in a Satellaview game called Koi Ha Balance: Battle of Lovers. Gaspar and Jonny appear, along with a Kid lookalike (she's probably just a coincidence, though). Check them out: [ Gaspar - Johnny - Kid 1 - Kid 2 ]  [3]  A bunch of winos at the University of Copenhagen recently had a Chrono Trigger themed night of drinking; you can check out their creative Chrono drinks here.  [4]  Forumer Dermot has been making several high-quality MIDIs. To sample his collection, check these threads: [ 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 ] Many thanks! pat has also contributed a MIDI for Fanfare 3, which isn't on other MIDI sites. Find it here.

FAN COMMUNITY  >>>  [1]  RPGPlanet's Chronicles Chrono fan site is set to go down on August 31, 2009, as IGN will end its hosting services. I've backed up some fan art (found on the fan art page under "Chronicles Archive") and some other fan content in Downloads for safekeeping.  [2]  The Chrono Trigger Novel Project has received a message back from Square saying that they don't have the time or resources to commit to a novelized version of Chrono Trigger. Wayne is still writing the novel, and dropping support efforts (like the petition) for the time being. You can see his announcement here.  [3]  Thanks to Dermot and a few other contributors, Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes is now on TVTropes. Why yes, King Zeal is a beautiful Determinator! I'm so thrilled someone caught the Grimmjow line that Dalton speaks, too.  [4]  FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CHRONO SERIES, BECAUSE THIS SUMMER, ONE MAMA-LUIGI, ONE DODONGO, ONE MISSION: CHRONO COMIX—THE UPDATE, THE EQUIVALENT OF FABULOUS SECRET MAGIC DRUGS ON YOUR ROCK TV.

[FAN ART]  The headliner for this update is mysticalpha, who's started a great Chrono Trigger webcomic; his site is here, and he's also on DeviantArt. Here are the current comics: [ Crono Doesn't Talk - Crono is Poor - Marle Jumps for Joy - Abused Robots - Evil Scientists ] Kattrali gets things started with some great pieces: [ Lucca - Lucca (colored) - Marle - Marle (colored) - Glenn - Glenn (colored) ] KatieSkyye noticed similarity between Queen Zeal boss sprites and Norstein Bekkler, and made a mashup here. Our very own MrBekkler also returns with Photoshopped Crono and Crono & Serge. ONSLAUGHT continues her Crono the Panda series with a flash animation here. We've also got Crono Portrait by ChronoWeapon. From deserver come a few Kid sprites and one of Zelbess: [ 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 ] ZeroDreams keeps things moving with a redone Chrono Trigger title screen. CronoBJS returns to fan art mentions with his new Crono pose. Ema also submitted a new Magus piece; see it here.

[FAN ART CONT.]  Sooperkreep has made another great contribution with Lavos core. anonymouse has also been busy, submitting three new pieces: [ Chrono Trigger: A Time of Rest - Chrono Trigger: Hug - Chrono Cross: Kid ] Zephira's made a nice banner of Magus's eyes for anyone to use on the forum; grab it here. maggiekarp's also back to the official Fan Art page with a Doodle that wouldn't die. pandor has released several pieces of art from her Flickr account! [ A Masterpiece... - Angsty Magus in Ill-defined Snow - AylaLucca4eva - Crono ogled, Lucca SMASHED - The Dreamers - Ghaleon vs. Magus! - Magus and Schala, again... - Radical Dreamers in SAI - Radical Dreamers in SAI (no line art) - Radical Serge - Sulky Magus - Unapologetic—The Destruction of Zeal ] pandor also uploaded images of some of his physical art: [ Frog 1 - 2 - 3 - Gaspar 1 - 2 - 3 - RD Kid 1 - 2 - 3 - Magil 1 - 2 - 3 ] To round things out, Chrono'99 has collected fan art of Chrono fan creations, including Lena Andreia's Aurora Anrui and Maia, and Chrono'99's King Zeal and CE wallpapers (1024x768 and 1440x900).

[FANFICTION]  Yoko Endovale has submitted Chrono Trigger - Redreamt, a retelling of Chrono Trigger with interesting differences; hit the link to find more links to individual chapters and a FAQ. Ryouseiken's been working on Frog's Destiny (rated M), and there's already a lot of material; go read! Skylark has a new work-in-progress entitled Everybody Loves Schala, while GenesisOne started his own—Crono Meets the Entity and The Real World - Chrono Trigger. skylark also uploaded art for some of his fic characters: [ Ophelia - Scwann - Reika - 'G' - Lillith - Dalton - Kale ] Finally, The Princess has regaled us with one of the best fics to ever come out of the Chrono community; check out Time Keeps on Slipping now, or forever regret missing this masterpiece. [hidden]

university of copenhagan swanky wankers
come drink shit with us at the black and silver bar de l'exquisite fuckaroo cafeteria
special guest: girl[/hidden]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:42:55 pm by ZeaLitY »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: "We Are on the Cruise" Mega-Update! CT OST Re-released!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:44:39 pm »
HOLY SHEEEEIIT.

GO GO CHRONO FANDOM!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:11 pm »
WHOA that's a lot of fanart. Still, we need more! More I say!
Happy last day of July!

Oh yeah, I suppose there already is more. There's still the oekaki board :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:48:24 pm »
The Chrono Trigger Novel Project has received a message back from Square saying that they don't have the time or resources to commit to a novelized version of Chrono Trigger. Wayne is still writing the novel, and dropping support efforts (like the petition) for the time being. You can see his announcement here.

Good, maybe now he'll call it what it really IS: Chrono Trigger Retelling Fanfic.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:51:36 pm by V_Translanka »

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:07:22 pm »
Good work! Lots and Lots of stuff! :)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »
It was kinda sad to see the CTNP essentially get turned down. At least Wayne's still allowed to work on the novel...

Good update though--tons of fan work, lots of different submissions. Great stuff all around.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:48:34 pm »
It was really cool of Square Enix to look it over and answer it at least. The completely different tone with which CTNP was regarded (relative to CE) may show how much more accepted fan fiction is than fangames in the current corporate climate.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:57 pm »
First off, nice! I can't wait to see if the OST hits US shores...I'd totally go for that! Though, there's a Japanese bookstore that also sells video game sound tracks (I got the OST to Wind Waker there)...I'll check there first.

Second, what is the deal with Ghetz's shirt...? I've just gotten past Fort Dragonia and had Sprigg join my party, so I haven't even gotten to that part of Cross yet, but can someone please explain? (Actually, there's probably a topic for that, so if someone could point me in the right direction that'd prolly be better.)

Third: CTNP: Well, at least he's still writing it, for the sole reason that my mom didn't enjoy playing the game, but she liked the story. The solution? Take out all that pesky gameplay nonsense and make it readable!
So yeah. I basically want it so my mom and I can read it. ^^'

Fourth: OH WHAT THE!! I was mentioned in an update! Nifty-keen!

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 12:17:34 pm »
 :picardno

The ones from Chronicles with the author ¨Emmanuel¨ are my old stuff...lol

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 06:13:19 pm »
Such a long time ago... thanks go to Faust for all those long PM's I sent him... LOL!!!

I am still disappointed though... that was a message from  the master, from  "the man" himself, from  a translator who probably didn't even care... :x Who knows how legit that response really was... they probably gave him the message while he was on the crapper. "Hey! Yasunori!! Some stupid American wants you to call Kato up!!" "Whaaat? Say that again, I was in the middle of something!"

I hope they come out with a universal translator soon... just think... :D Awesome update Zeality nontheless!

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:40:59 pm »
Such a long time ago... thanks go to Faust for all those long PM's I sent him... LOL!!!

I am still disappointed though... that was a message from  the master, from  "the man" himself, from  a translator who probably didn't even care... :x Who knows how legit that response really was... they probably gave him the message while he was on the crapper. "Hey! Yasunori!! Some stupid American wants you to call Kato up!!" "Whaaat? Say that again, I was in the middle of something!"

I hope they come out with a universal translator soon... just think... :D Awesome update Zeality nontheless!

Really? I was kind of happy to read that part. The translation was rough, but it kinda looked like he was trying to say something along the lines of "I know there's demand for a Chrono sequel, I'm looking around the internet to see if there's enough support/demand for such a thing someday". Perhaps that's too hopefully of an interpretation...?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:43:09 pm by sergecross73 »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 03:12:14 pm »
Sweeeet. Love to hear it. Well, most of it.
You ought to know the parts cause they're positives. mainly the Yasunori thing.
That and the TVTrope thing is amazing. CE!

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 06:29:50 pm »
A cruise you say? I say we infiltrate some foreign land before Porre does!  Now who is up for some Nu Juice?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:13:08 pm »
To round things out, Chrono'99 has collected fan art of Chrono fan creations, including Lena Andreia's Aurora Anrui and Maia, and Chrono'99's King Zeal and CE wallpapers (1024x768 and 1440x900).

Actually I also did these Aurora and Maia fanarts; I listed Lena Andreia as the original character designer just out of courtesy.

pandor

• Porrean (+50)
  • "Some call me mad, but I much prefer Dr. Cranium."
    • View Profile
    • Pandor Link Portal of DOOM
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 11:30:55 pm »
pandor has released several pieces of art from his Flickr account!
*psst* I be a grrrrrl, btw.  :)