Author Topic: Would a new "Ocean Palace Lavos" ending have been a good idea?  (Read 9579 times)

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
Re: Would a new "Ocean Palace Lavos" ending have been a good idea?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 09:46:36 am »
Yup... I actually beat the Ocean Palace Lavos today. The developers ending isn't a big enough reward, really.

Enigma Outlaw

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Guru of Enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 03:37:30 am »
I think the perfect non-canon 14th ending could have played out like this.....
Lavos is killed and the Ocean Palace is falling apart around you. The Queen isn't exactly happy and tries to stop your escape. Magus reveals himself and tries to fight her to buy you time. He insists on Crono and company protecting Schala on the way out. The party is confused but Schala sees the amulet just prior to a gate taking her and the party to the End of Time. Gasper greets the party and talks of how the future was saved at a terrible cost. He then sends you off to 1000 AD. The gate opens up outside of a futuristic looking Guardia Castle. It's revealed that Zeal survived and killed Magus. She too figured out who he really was during the fight and as a result has learned the true nature of your quest. When it became clear that Lavos was going to be killed Queen Zeal went ahead and unknown to the party turned up the power on the MM. Prior to the death of Lavos she has managed to suck out enough of his power and become immortal. As a result of being the most powerful person alive she has enslaved the world. As with most events in the game the script changes somewhat depending on who the other party members are but it unfolds like this:

(Note that the party members in this scene will be determined by who was with you upon fighting Lavos)
Member #1-*says something along the lines of never expecting things to change this much*
Zeal-Your fools....you thought I was wrong to use the power of Lavos for my own ends. Yet in your quest to save the primitive future that you originally came from you've gone ahead and made me the very thing you set out to stop. All the hopes and dreams that you could have experienced are gone forever! Destroyed by your very actions!
Member #2-What are we going to do Crono? (once again this will changed based on who is in your party)
At this point Crono draws his weapon and says his only line in the game:
Crono-We're going to end this once and for all!
*cue CT Main Theme and end credits*

Hell as I think about it I'm starting to imagine a fan modded CT that breaks off into this from the Lavos battle in the Ocean Palace with the true final boss being Queen Zeal. Of course it may be best to do this kind of thing as a fanfic. Wouldn't want the damn SE lawyers on your ass a second time :-/

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 03:32:31 am »
I wish there was a Ocean Palace Lavos ending.
Maybe by defeating Lavos at the Ocean Palace, Queen Zeal is freed from Lavos's corruption, and returns to normal.
It would be interesting to see a sane Queen Zeal.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 02:23:21 pm »
i answer now...
anyway....

yeah... that ... but anyone beat that new game first lavos... i hawe, and it is soo easy... but same end...
wery well... not good :I

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »
A thought crossed my mind. If the heroes defeated Lavos at the Ocean Palace, and Queen Zeal turned back to the way she was before this, what would happen to her?
I doubt that she would be welcome with open arms by the earthbound people, or the enlighten people. They would most certainly not let her live with them.
The earthbound would hate her for the way she treated them, and the enlighten would blame her for the destruction of Zeal, and the loss of there magic.

They might even try to kill her/and or put her on some sort of trial.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »
A thought crossed my mind. If the heroes defeated Lavos at the Ocean Palace, and Queen Zeal turned back to the way she was before this, what would happen to her?
I doubt that she would be welcome with open arms by the earthbound people, or the enlighten people. They would most certainly not let her live with them.
The earthbound would hate her for the way she treated them, and the enlighten would blame her for the destruction of Zeal, and the loss of there magic.

They might even try to kill her/and or put her on some sort of trial.

I don't see how the Enlightened would hate her. Lavos gone doesn't mean Zeal is finished. They'll just be returning to their previous method of using the Planet as a power source. Sure, they may get angry, but that would be more towards the party since they destroyed what they considered a superior power source.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 10:53:50 pm »
If she survives and is persecuted by everyone she's ever known, then maybe she asks you if you know where the ones she remembers are important to her are. You take her to see the Gurus, starting with Melchior, then Belthasar, and finally Gaspar at The End of Time. They offer her their final bouts of wisdom, and choose to either let her stay at The End of Time or send her back to the Dark Ages to be judged- and most likely executed- by the people who remain. If you let her stay, the two of them tell the party goodbye. When they're alone, Gaspar tips his hat to the Queen and leaves, going into that blackness beyond the little station they're at, and so Queen Zeal is left to watch the End of Time just as Gaspar had.

Bangy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 11:43:20 pm »
For me, it is a cool ending o.o

I must re-play it xD

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:48 pm »
Well I am trying to revive the Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle Project; I think that would make for an interesting subject matter.

I do have an idea I'm rolling around in my head...  :D