Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Chrono Trigger DS Analysis

Would a new "Ocean Palace Lavos" ending have been a good idea?

(1/5) > >>

RySenkari:
Seeing as how the Ocean Palace Lavos is so much more powerful than the Lavos you're supposed to beat, I was really disappointed to get the Developer's Room ending for beating him in the original. I was hoping they'd add a new ending for it in the DS version, but of course we only got the one new ending.

My question is this.

Would an ending involving Schala being rescued immediately in an ending after the defeat of Ocean Palace Lavos been appropriate, or would even the non-canonical chance to save her have contradicted the true canon and Chrono Cross too much? I always figured that players who really wanted to save her before her 13,000 years of suffering should be rewarded with the chance to do so by beating up on the ultra-difficult Ocean Palace Lavos in a New Game +, but seeing as how that would've directly contradicted Chrono Cross, I know that might've stuck in a lot of craws (though nobody seems to complain about the crazy Reptite endings, etc.).

So what do you guys think? Would you have wanted a 14th ending? (Technically it would've been the 13th and the Dream Devourer/Dimensional Vortex would've been 14th) Or would this non-canonical ending be too realistic (and thus taken seriously by many as the "real" ending even though official canon contradicts it)?

Acacia Sgt:
An extra ending in that moment? Absolutely yes.

I mean, if you're given a different ending by defeating Lavos at different points of the game, then why not at this point? Besides, the Ocean Palace Lavos fight is one important point to add such thing.

Truthordeal:
Another ending? Hell yes...so long as its not one of the other various endings which are just the credits with a different background.

V_Translanka:
It don't have to be NG+...Its supposed to be for like people that REALLY get into it (thus the quick creds, which I always thought was an especially cute element of that ending).

RySenkari:
Well, I mentioned New Game + because you'd REALLY have to grind to be able to beat Ocean Palace Lavos on a regular game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version