Author Topic: New webcomic  (Read 71647 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: New webcomic
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2010, 04:25:06 pm »
mystic, I have to say. This one's really really nice! Back on track, my man!

It's a good thing this is a comic about video game characters and not forum members! :lol:

Nice!

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2010, 12:00:28 am »
Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be a pervert victim in this comic series once it reaches a certain point in the storyline? Dalton's probably going to do something worse to me than what the mystics did to the topless naga... Heh.. *blush*

:shock:

*nosebleeds*

*faints*

Stupid imagination putting images in my head about the actual character and not the person who pretends to be said character... >_<

PS to mysticalpha - *whispers* Do it. :P

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2010, 12:15:47 am »
... If it boosts my reputation... I guess.... *blush deeply*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2010, 01:45:02 am »
You realize the difference between you and the character is like that between Mike Meyers and Verne Troyer, right?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2010, 03:38:22 am »
You know, I cannot recall a single comment from you toward me that wasn't derrogatory, Bekkler...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:06 am »
You realize the difference between you and the character is like that between Mike Meyers and Verne Troyer, right?

Do you hold, then, that identity is not a construction of the mind but in fact a physical quantity tied to the body?

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2010, 04:43:48 am »
I do not, myself, but I do hold that the mind is a construction of the identity, and not the other way around.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:35 pm »
You know, I cannot recall a single comment from you toward me that wasn't derrogatory, Bekkler...

I've never been a big fan of Schala or her various incarnations in the game, and have a lot of trouble understanding how someone can take roleplay so seriously. I can understand that you want to be like Schala, but to be the character herself? To me, that's incredibly odd. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to understand your motivation. Why Schala? What started it? Out of the countless other fictional characters to choose from, why this particular one?

Edit/Addition: She never had much "screen time" in the games anyway, and she doesn't end up living happily ever after. Quite the opposite. I just wonder, what's the appeal?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:54:01 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:53 pm »
I cannot explain it easily. When I played CT and saw her, it just clicked in my mind that I should become her.

At least I'm not getting influenced by Grand Theft Auto *laugh*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2010, 09:42:48 pm »
I cannot explain it easily. When I played CT and saw her, it just clicked in my mind that I should become her.

Haha, point taken!

Do you hold, then, that identity is not a construction of the mind but in fact a physical quantity tied to the body?

Interesting assumption. I believe that some people can not help who or what they are, and the best way (that works for me) to get through it is to make the best of what you've got rather than wish it were different. I do understand everyone's different though and that others may not believe the same things.

I think having goals, dreams, motivation, etc. are fantastic, and some really do get to "live the dream" so to speak. However, many just wish they could, which is rather sad. In this instance, if PSZ has a legal name change, gets some blue hair dye, and insists she is from Zeal, and makes a few other changes that are already in progress, then yes, she could be "a" Schala. But she will never be "the" Schala. As long as PSZ is comfortable being a Schala and not the Schala, there's no problem. But it seems as though that's not the case, hence my concern.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:02:41 pm by Mr Bekkler »

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2010, 06:27:57 am »

Haha, point taken!

Interesting assumption. I believe that some people can not help who or what they are, and the best way (that works for me) to get through it is to make the best of what you've got rather than wish it were different. I do understand everyone's different though and that others may not believe the same things.

I think having goals, dreams, motivation, etc. are fantastic, and some really do get to "live the dream" so to speak. However, many just wish they could, which is rather sad. In this instance, if PSZ has a legal name change, gets some blue hair dye, and insists she is from Zeal, and makes a few other changes that are already in progress, then yes, she could be "a" Schala. But she will never be "the" Schala. As long as PSZ is comfortable being a Schala and not the Schala, there's no problem. But it seems as though that's not the case, hence my concern.

I hold the belief that I wish to be Quote.  But I take it in a different manner, in such that rather than emulating the character now, I wish to be rebirthed as them in the future.

I hope I get cremated, so that if there even were a chance for me to return to this world, it would be revoked. There are just so many better ones out there.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2010, 03:26:55 pm »
I only wish to be *the* Schala of those I know. Perhaps in general the only Schala, because I know even Zephira isn't as nutty as me, and she likes to be me too.

I guess I'm a Schala by general term, but THE Schala when it comes to commitment that probably crosses sanity's limits.

Though, if I know I'm insane, how can I be insane to begin with?

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2010, 08:37:24 pm »
I only wish to be *the* Schala of those I know. Perhaps in general the only Schala, because I know even Zephira isn't as nutty as me, and she likes to be me too.

I guess I'm a Schala by general term, but THE Schala when it comes to commitment that probably crosses sanity's limits.

Though, if I know I'm insane, how can I be insane to begin with?

Oh, I'm gonna have lots of fun with you :p

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2010, 08:40:29 pm »
Oh, I'm gonna have lots of fun with you :p

Was that intended to sound dirty?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2010, 09:12:05 pm »
I think he means http://mysticalpha.deviantart.com/art/Well-endowed-142560788.
If Magus is that well endowed, I'm curious to see what Schala might have developed.