Author Topic: New webcomic  (Read 71640 times)

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: New webcomic
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:02 pm »
In the newest one, there's no difference in the face between Crono and Marle. None, it's like they have the same cheeks, jaw, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, even their expressions are uniformly blank in that first panel. Also, bighead Lucca doesn't look "pissed" enough if that makes any sense. If you're exaggerating the size of her head, her expression should be exaggerated as well, like eyes stuck closed and mouth wiiiide open with top and bottom teeth showing, spit flying out, the works! I just don't think you "nailed it" so to speak. The last two panels are perfect examples of what I'm talking about, the expressions are priceless there!

I mean no offense by my critique, but I really do enjoy your comics overall. You keep a very high standard in your line-work, coloring, and composition, and you should know that does not go unappreciated! And your backgrounds are very well-designed.

People chose comic 18 to complain about everything, hair color, what Lucca really wants, they're too chibi, not anime enough, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the criticism. I just found it strange people started to complain about it now.

Ema

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Truth Filter, Goodness Filter & Utility Filter...
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:36 am »
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the criticism. I just found it strange people started to complain about it now.

...it happens, worry when you stop getting feedback xD

LunarDreams

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »
I like it! XD 50 times better than I could do.Has anyone here ever looked at the heroes inc. webcomic [its not all about chrono trigger but crono is in it along with a bunch of others like megaman, and link].

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2010, 07:15:16 pm »
People chose comic 18 to complain about everything, hair color, what Lucca really wants, they're too chibi, not anime enough, etc etc.

hey there, i was not complaining. i was giving a constructive critique. i'd like to know what you think about it, actually. i don't mean to knock you or your work down in any way! let me know if you wanna discuss it, this stuff is my bread&butter.

(for the record, i am not an anime fan. like i said, your last two panels were perfect examples of an expression fitting the characters' mood.)

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:59 pm »

hey there, i was not complaining. i was giving a constructive critique. i'd like to know what you think about it, actually. i don't mean to knock you or your work down in any way! let me know if you wanna discuss it, this stuff is my bread&butter.

(for the record, i am not an anime fan. like i said, your last two panels were perfect examples of an expression fitting the characters' mood.)

I meant complaints in general, such as the comments on the deviantart page. And yes you're right, her expression could of been more exaggerated. I had a feeling it was when drew it. If not for people pointing out these things, I probably would not have seen it so thank you and don't stop criticizing.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:38 pm »
...and don't stop criticizing.

** Lord J Appears! **

My criticism is that I think your Marle design has lost way. Maybe go back to the basics. I love the central panel from your earlier drawings of her. The word bubble says "thank you," but the look in her eyes says "I'm a Sheikah who could kill you with my bare fingertips and I only let you bump into me because I think you're cute and in fact my whole bubbly persona is just a facade to conceal my ruthless ambitions for the throne of Guardia!"

It's a whole new side of Marle I knew nothing about!

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »
...and don't stop criticizing.

** Lord J Appears! **

My criticism is that I think your Marle design has lost way. Maybe go back to the basics. I love the central panel from your earlier drawings of her. The word bubble says "thank you," but the look in her eyes says "I'm a Sheikah who could kill you with my bare fingertips and I only let you bump into me because I think you're cute and in fact my whole bubbly persona is just a facade to conceal my ruthless ambitions for the throne of Guardia!"

It's a whole new side of Marle I knew nothing about!

Anything ruthless and evil would go to Lucca and possibly Ayla. I see Marle as a morally kindred spirit who cares not for being a princess since she is innately curious about the outside world and constantly rebels against her father.  Making all the girls aggressive would turn it into a tenchi episode :P. I can change the eye design but don't ask me to do it dbz style *shudder*

blackflan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2010, 10:42:05 pm »
wow....i was reading all of them but i wasn't able to stop laughing...XD....and still I'm.....I'm planing to do a manga too....but different,...mine will be the TRUE chrono trigger story in a manga....but the problem is that for something that big i need more persons to help....i was going to do all of the dialogue...but i cant draw.....so I'm asking people with great talents to help me...if you or anyone is interested please visit my topic.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8384.msg187944.html#msg187944

if you are not that busy...you could help me please.....i will be very gratefull mysticalpha...I'm very sure many fans will like it.

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2010, 09:33:35 pm »
I want to take the time to note that comic 19 is currently in the works and will be done hopefully by the weekend. I changed a few small things about the characters' looks which may or may not satisfy some people. Either way, let me know what you think of it so I know which path to take.

The main reason for this post is to make a small promotion of one ambitious fan at deviantart and her motives of turning my webcomics into dubbed videos. Depending on how big of a fan you are and whether or not you passed your speech requirement courses, head over and check out her initial call for voiceovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3HYmYwB10.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »
i didn't know you had a website for these! that's awesome! imo much better than deviantart!

mysticalpha

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2010, 02:52:26 am »
comic 019 - http://mysticalpha.deviantart.com/art/Friends-152245757

yay for character development!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2010, 04:54:20 am »

Yes!!

I can use this for environment description reference for my CT screenplay!

Kudos to whoever made this.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2010, 06:16:50 am »
Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be a pervert victim in this comic series once it reaches a certain point in the storyline? Dalton's probably going to do something worse to me than what the mystics did to the topless naga... Heh.. *blush*

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2010, 12:50:35 am »
Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be a pervert victim in this comic series once it reaches a certain point in the storyline? Dalton's probably going to do something worse to me than what the mystics did to the topless naga... Heh.. *blush*

Just cant wait!

lol in cereal though, I really like the way this is going, keep it up!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:32 am »
It's a good thing this is a comic about video game characters and not forum members! :lol:

Anyway, I really like the textures you used for the bricks and the trees. Very eye catching.