Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > History, Locations, and Artifacts

Another Look at CC's 2nd Moon

(1/4) > >>

Kodokami:
I have a theory about the second moon in Chrono Cross that I think has yet to be discussed.

Is it possible that the Dragonians (or more specifically the Dragon God) created the red moon while still in the Reptite Dimension?

Think about it; part of the Dragon God's usage was to terraform the planet (as demonstrated by FATE when creating El Nido). Is it too much to assume that it could also create a second moon?

If this were true, then what were its motives? Could having two moons somehow greatly benefit the Dragonian society? Could the moon's creation simply be a demonstration of power? Expanding upon the latter, were there not "exiles" in CT:DS? I believe it's unlikely that even the Dragonians were free from domestic conflicts/warring tribes.

Anyone care to add ideas/opinions?

MeshGearFox:
IIRC, the second moon is Harle, because Harle is... the... moon Dragon, which necessitates the existence of the second moon. There's something in the script about it. So yeah, Dragonians made it or something.

Truthordeal:
MeshGear, Harle is the Dark Moon Dragon, not the moon itself.

The second moon was brought to that dimension at the same time as Dinopolis, to act as a counter to Chronopolis.

As far as the Dragon God creating the dark moon, it is possible, but probably irrelevant. Of course, this is the Chrono Compendium, and more often than not you'll find SOMEONE who thinks that it is worth analyzing.

MeshGearFox:
Er, right. I meant she's not the moon. It just sounds like her existance NECESSITATED the extra moon somehow.

Kodokami:
Just thought I'd throw an idea out there.

I've always been fascinated by CC's Dragonians, and the idea of the Dragon God terraforming / creating another moon came to me one day.

On a side note, anyone have any clue as to what the Dragonians look like? The best I've got is the mural painted on Fort Dragonia's floor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version