Poll

What's the most memorable scene from Chrono Trigger?

Opening Credits
0 (0%)
Crono and Marle bumping at the Festival
0 (0%)
Crono's Initial going back in time
2 (2.3%)
Marle vanishing before Crono's eyes
2 (2.3%)
Frog's Noble Entrance
2 (2.3%)
The Trial
4 (4.5%)
Crono slaying the Dragon Tank
2 (2.3%)
Learning of Lavos
3 (3.4%)
Giving the seed to Doan
2 (2.3%)
Meeting Robo/Robo & his bretheren
0 (0%)
First ending up at The End Of Time
0 (0%)
Medina's Tribute to Magus
0 (0%)
Zenan Bridge
0 (0%)
Ayla's Grand Entrance
0 (0%)
Reforging the Masamune
0 (0%)
Frog's Flashback of Glenn and Cyrus
5 (5.7%)
Frog claims the masamune and slashes the way to Magus' Lair
7 (8%)
Arriving at Magus' Castle
4 (4.5%)
The Epic Battle With Magus
17 (19.3%)
Crono & Co. VS Azala & the Black Tyrano
2 (2.3%)
Arriving at Zeal
5 (5.7%)
Getting the Epoch
1 (1.1%)
The Ocean Palace
1 (1.1%)
The Death Of Crono
7 (8%)
The Fall Of Zeal
6 (6.8%)
The Epoch can fly!
1 (1.1%)
The climb up Death Peak
0 (0%)
Crono's Revival
5 (5.7%)
The Final Battle With Lavos
5 (5.7%)
The Canon Ending
2 (2.3%)
Other (Probably take up the majority of the votes)
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: What's the most memorable scene from Chrono Trigger?  (Read 3078 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
What's the most memorable scene from Chrono Trigger?
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:47:49 am »
I feel as though this has been done before...
I searched the polls and couldn't find anything so I put this up.

I've been thinking lately as to games and if they have had cinematic scenes in which all who play won't forget. CT is loaded with them, but which sticks out the most to you?

I realize that this is a hard one, so I've allowed up to 5 decisions. But if you can, select one please! If not, no biggy!

And yes, I know... LOTS OF OPTIONS...

Me? I'd have to say through a very tough decision...
Crono's Revival when Marle is in your party. I shed a tear after all of that. Finally getting there, the deciet, followed by getting Crono and then the sweet moment between the two.
Only one close enough to the point of almost voting 2 options is the Canon Ending. I tear up watching them all leave happily ever after and with that music... IT'S THE DAMN MUSIC THAT DOES IT TO ME!

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: What's the most memorable scene from Chrono Trigger?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:50:33 am »
The Battle with Magus, no doubt. It was possibly the best battle in the entire game, because it consisted of one person that you had to fight, not three, not more, and it was a fairly straightforward battle.

Battle with Magus, the song itself, is one of the most poignant simply for its badassery.

Heck, I liked the one-on-one duel between Magus and Frog. Sometimes I would forgo getting him simply to have that battle.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:43:58 am »
Hmm...the options all appear to be from the main quest...but many of the game's memorable scenes came from the side quests as well.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »
Yeah I know. But I felt like I was starting to go into too many options. So I cut it short at Other.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 02:52:32 pm »
Frog cutting a mountain in half solidified the character for me. It was like, yeah he's got his problems, he's got his baggage, but he can still KICK A MOUNTAIN'S ASS!

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »
I picked 'Arriving in Zeal' mainly because you first meet...

Okay, seriously. Do I really need to say it?

BTW, I don't know if it's too small to mention or not, but maybe adding in Janus' Prophecy might be another good choice.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 11:57:01 pm »
I only voted for "Frog's Noble Entrance", though thank you for the many options. And I'm assuming his noble entrance is when he drops in on that naga. God, that was one of the best video game entrances ever. What a wicked character. The minute that happened, I thought "this green guy is awesome." And I've thought that ever since. It's probably the only scene I remember vividly...

If his noble entrance is referring to something else, then I just made an ass of myself. :>

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 11:58:09 pm »
I picked 'Arriving in Zeal' mainly because you first meet...

Okay, seriously. Do I really need to say it?

Yes, yes you do. Do you mean Dalton, or Schala or Queen Zeal or Alfador  or Janus or...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:14:17 am »
Too many lame options, not enough ACTUALLY great, memorable scenes...

Ones I Went With

Learning of Lavos - This is kind of vague, but I assume its the video from the computer terminal. That's really what starts their ultimate quest.
Frog claims the masamune and slashes the way to Magus' Lair - Pretty big cut-scene and if you include his flashbacks that occur prior to opening the way to Magus' Castle then this is definitely up there as it really lets you know who Glenn is/was...
The Epic Battle With Magus - Obviously.
The Death Of Crono - Fuck Aerith.
The Final Battle With Lavos - I love all of the lines the various party (/combinations) make during this battle and the tunes for the final two forms are two of my favs from the series.

MISSING SCENES

Good morning, Crono! - You've gotta include the great, cliche hero waking up beginning.
Robo v. R-Series - Probably not worth putting in the list, but better than Giving the seed to Doan, Medina's Tribute to Magus, & Zenan Bridge...Maybe the scene should include his eventual repair and his decision to join Crono & Co.
Rocksmash Party (/Lucca Getting Wasted) - I think it's better than Ayla's entrance.
Ayla's Speech - idk how this could be left out as its not only one of Ayla's best bits, but also one of the best speeches in almost any RPG.
The 400 Year Reunion - Yeah, one of the more thematically centric portions of the game is rather optional...
Gina meeting "& Co." - Each one is just fantastic and makes me wonder why they glossed over a fantastic opportunity to not only homage CT, but also help develop some of them 40+ characters in Cross by having Serge's mom meet and comment on everyone...*sigh*

I could probably go on including various other sidequest stuff (which, since they are such a big part of why CT rocks SHOULD be included)...A lot of them were better than about half this list.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 01:08:58 am »
I have to admit, Death of Crono was amazing at the time. Nobody did that. He was the main character! He was you! You get killed!

But then you get to make anybody the lead, and I always kept Frog there after that.

It was beautifully done, too. As in, aesthetically pleasing.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 01:23:53 am »
I voted for the Glenn/Cyrus flashback and the Epic Magus Battle.  The flashback scene was awesome for me and really drew me in.  The battle was the culmination of that awesomeness.   And of course now I can't remember if it was on there, but the whole explanation of a Chrono Trigger.  Booya!

Lee

• Porrean (+50)
  • Harle fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Pie
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 11:28:50 am »
For me, it was obviously the Fall of Zeal. Not only that it was an awesome scene that followed Crono's death and Schala's sacrifice, this event can also be labeled as the trigger of Chrono Cross story. "The start of all this".
And I'm a Zeal fan, and Zeal's destruction is what made of this kingdom a legend.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »
If his noble entrance is referring to something else, then I just made an ass of myself. :>

No it is when he slayed the Naga.

Too many lame options, not enough ACTUALLY great, memorable scenes...

Well, it's tough coming up with scenes. I'm not going by how amazing it is, how memorable. Does it stick out in your brain. Generally awesome scenes do this but sometimes it's just how crappy a scene is that makes it so incredibly mental scarring.

Learning of Lavos - This is kind of vague, but I assume its the video from the computer terminal. That's really what starts their ultimate quest.
Yes that was the video at the computer.

The Death Of Crono - Fuck Aerith.
:lol: That one made me laugh.

As for the missing Scenes, some yes I really wanted up but like I said, wanted to limit myself so I just went by 30 options.
Good Morning Crono! - As good as that is, how much of a chance does that have of getting any votes?
Robo VS R Series, that would be a part of the meeting Robo. EDIT: Made the option a little clearer. Re-reading it, yeah, very vague.
Rocksmash - You sure that that's really memorable or just a good laugh?
Ayla's Speech -  :picardno To me. I forgot that. No explanation, I just forgot.
400 Year reunion - If this is part of the Robo growing the forest back thing then yeah but when limiting my options I was going namely with the main quest stuff. Although it was tough to do since I love plenty of the side quest stuff, like Toma's gone insane note, Cyrus' grave, etc. But that's what Other is there for. :mrgreen:
Gina - Um, not sure what this one is...

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 06:38:33 pm »
Magus Battle for me ...I thought he was the final boss xD

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 02:34:11 am »
For me, it was definitely the Fall of Zeal.

In one fell swoop, everything that this civilization has worked so hard for is forever lost to the seas of time.

I can still the words of H.G. Wells even as I type this:

"...man's complacent assumption of the future is too confident. We think, because things have been easy for mankind as a whole for a
generation or so, we are going on to perfect comfort and security in the future. We think that we shall always go to work at ten and leave off at
four, and have dinner at seven for ever and ever. But these four suggestions, out of a host of others, must surely do a little against
this complacency..."

And to think that this was penned by Mr. Wells in 1898. This passage is as if it reads from the journal of either an Enlightened One or Earthbound One who has survived the Fall of Zeal.  At least, that's how I made the connection, anyway.