Author Topic: CE Video Walkthrough Released for Download  (Read 13952 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: CE Video Walkthrough Released for Download
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 12:10:43 am »
I just looked up this "Flames of Eternity" I noticed in the banner...

Have you guys spoken with the Crimson Echoes dev team about the project?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 12:20:17 am »
OK, it is downloading normally.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 12:25:28 am »
Whew, yeah, it's working. I thought there might be some huge problem at first.

Truth, the non-ingame tracks are in. These are the very same videos uploaded to Youtube throughout last month, so they'll all be in 10 minute chunks again. The two .txt files show where you can find/purchase the non-ingame tracks.

Not sure what the CE team's plans are for a possible release of the Claado Shou's tracks. He did more tracks than appeared in the video walkthrough/exhibition, but I'll let them make the decision to release them, and when. To my knowledge Claado Shou hasn't been reachable for awhile and hasn't made these available through any other avenues.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:32:07 am by FaustWolf »

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 12:27:40 am »
I just looked up this "Flames of Eternity" I noticed in the banner...

Have you guys spoken with the Crimson Echoes dev team about the project?

As long as the CC is not said to have helped create and/or finish the game, Z has no problem with it. Kando has been working on a similar project himself. Im surprised you didnt know that.

odber

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:15 am »
Yayy, better start cleaning the old harddrive to make room for this. hmm? Giving me an "The page you are trying to access does not exist."

Any description of the video? Resolution and such?

edit: nevermind, misread the tag, works now
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:58:02 pm by odber »

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 03:54:53 am »
wicked cool but the torrent appears to be dead

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 05:06:44 am »
Awesome! It's OVER NINETHOUSANDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! MB! lol

I wish we could use it but i haven't watch all of it so i gonna download!

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 06:08:22 am »
Awesome, but only a few peers  :(

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 07:27:33 am »
Hmm, there are already multiple choices to obtain CE Video Playthrough personally. I thought downloading using keepvid or other way around from Youtube or any streaming site are better and faster choice.

Speaking of downloading, I wonder what happen to NickyT's CE playthrough DVD projects?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 11:27:28 am »
As long as the CC is not said to have helped create and/or finish the game, Z has no problem with it. Kando has been working on a similar project himself. Im surprised you didnt know that.

I miss out on a lot these days because of business in my real life... Full time job, new house, wife and new puppy tends to have that effect... 

Anywho, I trust that everyone making their own version of "Crimson Echoes" using the alpha build (or anything else used, for that matter) has the blessing of the dev team behind Crimson Echoes.  Agent12, Chrono99, and ZeaLity all put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it, and I'd hate to see anyone slap them over the face (over the Internet).  As long as you have spoken with them and received their blessing, then awesome.  Finish it so the rest of us can play it.  Otherwise, I highly recommend you speak to them first.

kando

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 12:33:46 pm »
yea zeality knows about it, and i blatently state it has nothing to do w/ the CC or the CE team, although they did put over 4 years of blood sweat and tears into it....

but i didnt even want to publicly say on any forum i was working on anything....so forget you ever heard that!  8)

and flames of eternity is not my project, im not associated with that in any way.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 01:09:16 pm »
yea zeality knows about it, and i blatently state it has nothing to do w/ the CC or the CE team, although they did put over 4 years of blood sweat and tears into it....

but i didnt even want to publicly say on any forum i was working on anything....so forget you ever heard that!  8)

and flames of eternity is not my project, im not associated with that in any way.

He's right, and thats why I said "Kando has been working on a similar project"

Yet you post your progress in the IRC? You make no sense really....

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:42 pm »
Sorry guys, I just had to stop the torrent for the day because it's causing huge Internet connectivity problems for everyone in my household, eheh. Looks like I may only be able to seed between 5:00AM GMT and 12:00PM GMT, or 0500 ~ 1200 hours. I might try different torrent clients to see if I can find one that doesn't cause massive Internet outages throughout entire LANs.

I guess now that we've got some downtime, would it be more convenient for everyone if I made a torrent with all the uncompressed video files, and that way they could be downloaded one by one? It might seem like a less grinding experience for everyone that way. On the cost side, I'd have to stop seeding the zipped files because I simply don't have enough room on my hard drive for them and the non-zipped videos simultaneously. Let me know.

Anyone know why we seemed to have a maximum of four people in the swarm? Is it just because there was only one full seed?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 03:02:41 pm »
Another question for those who are torrent-savvy: if the swarm size was limited by the low number of seeders (well, 1) would the swarm size increase faster if I made the videos downloadable one by one, since someone who gets one individual video done could presumably start seeding that video?

ZackFair

• Iokan (+1)
  • After a long sleep, time has come...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 03:37:21 pm »
Another question for those who are torrent-savvy: if the swarm size was limited by the low number of seeders (well, 1) would the swarm size increase faster if I made the videos downloadable one by one, since someone who gets one individual video done could presumably start seeding that video?
Not really FaustWolf.
Torrents are automatically divided in parts even if the torrent is just one huge file(the client does that automatically).
In a large upload like this one, the parts are normally 2MB each.
When someone finishes a part, it automatically becomes a uploader of it.
About the internet slowdown while seeding: If you aren't limiting the upload speed, do it. If you are, just lower it a little.
Also, I recommend using the lastest stable uTorrent version and PeerGuardian...some antiP2P company may be downloading from you to screw up the others :)
You can try the Speed Guide (Ctrl+G I think) to configure it correctly.
Also, enable Initial Seeding: it is on torrent properties.
That way uTorrent will try to distribute different parts to each person, so they can start uploading to each other sooner.
Edit:
Anyone know why we seemed to have a maximum of four people in the swarm? Is it just because there was only one full seed?
It is limited by the Upload Slots per torrent number, you can change it on Options/Preferences/Bandwidth
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:45:16 pm by ZackFair »