Author Topic: Noob questions  (Read 1795 times)

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Noob questions
« on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:33 pm »
I am on my third CT playthrough and I have no idea where to find Robo's Apocalypse Arm.  Can any of you help me?  All of my characters are at level 73-77, but the only characters I have the strongest weapons for are Crono (Dreamseeker) and Glenn (assuming the fully powered Masamune from Cirus is his strongest weapon).  Also, I am still using Lucca's Wondershot.  I know there has to be a more powerful gun for her somewhere.  With Marle, I am still using Siren's Kiss.  Also, with Magus, I cannot find anything stronger than the scythe I found I Death Peak when I revived Crono.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

By the way, I just found this site.  I have been a gamer since I was 5 (1987) and I missed out on Chrono Trigger when it was first released.  My wife got me CT for the DS for an anniversary present and I have not played any other game since... I had no idea I was missing out on one of the best games ever made, if not THE best.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Noob questions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:33:45 pm »
I can help you with Magus's scythe real easily. In Ozzie's fort, in the room where Ozzie brings the chained flail down on the imp, there is a hidden path you can follow by going down from the exit door of that room. It should very roughly look like this:

| |___| |
| |____|
| |      |
| |      |
          X

Someone else here might be able to explain it better.

As for everyone else, you'd have to go through the Dimensional Vortex/Lost Sanctum to get stronger weapons than what they have. The exact locations are still unknown to me.

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 03:48:05 pm »
Thanks

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:54 pm »
The locations of most of the better weapons in the Dimensional Vortexes are in similarly hidden rooms through walls...I think Magus' better weapon (better than the one in Ozzie's Fort) is obtainable through Lost Sanctum fairly early...Could be wrong though...*shrugs*

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:19:58 pm »
Magus gets one or two good scythes in the Lost Sanctum, I think one of them randomly inflicts Stop. But his best scythe, the Dreamreaper, is in Crono's Dimensional Vortex. You have to go through a wall to get to it, so pay a lot of attention to your minimap.
His best armor, Shadowplume Robe, is in Marle's Dimensional Vortex. During the Frozen Cliffs, take the left exit from the top of the huge sloping area, then climb down the wall right before you to get to the chest. It has +20 Mag Def and Auto-Barrier, though by the time I got the robe he already had max Mag Def.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:22:46 pm »
You could always take advantage of the Treasure Atlas in the Extras section.  :)