Author Topic: Fuck Sexism  (Read 97462 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Re: Fuck Sexism
« Reply #1140 on: December 25, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »
@Katie: XD I feel really sorry for that dude.

That picture was drawn by a girl! XD

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 25, 2011, 10:08:50 pm »
That picture was drawn by a girl! XD

I think he meant the person in the picture, not the person who drew it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 27, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
For New Year's, I want all men who complain about getting "friendzoned" to jump off a bridge.

She doesn't want to have sex with you. Might it be because you're an indignant, uptight, self-pitying, "nice guy" patriarchal asshole? Get the fuck over it, you pathetic pieces of shit. Stupid motherfuckers.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1143 on: December 27, 2011, 02:08:54 pm »
For New Year's, I want all men who complain about getting "friendzoned" to jump off a bridge.

She doesn't want to have sex with you. Might it be because you're an indignant, uptight, self-pitying, "nice guy" patriarchal asshole? Get the fuck over it, you pathetic pieces of shit. Stupid motherfuckers.
You have my vote there. It's amazing how a lot of guys think that to get a girl you need to be a pick-up artist of sort (well, it is an "art" indeed, but not one I'd approve of); it's like a game to them rather than trying to legitimately understand someone's feelings. Only two kinds of men usually worry about being "friendzoned": the Casanovas (aka, "Women Hunters"), and those living in their mom's basements.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:10:41 pm by tushantin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 27, 2011, 02:21:31 pm »
Oh, but when they're rejected, it's the GIRL who's the shallow one, according to them. "But I just wanted to get to know her!!! SUCH A SHALLOW WOMAN REJECTING NICE GUYS LIKE ME"

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1145 on: December 27, 2011, 02:28:55 pm »
Oh, but when they're rejected, it's the GIRL who's the shallow one, according to them. "But I just wanted to get to know her!!! SUCH A SHALLOW WOMAN REJECTING NICE GUYS LIKE ME"
XD

Then I've news for you. Reminding me of a similar article I once read somewhere, a lot of guys like dividing themselves between "Nice Guys" and "Jerks" (there has been an in-depth study of it in psychology, but common folks take it in simplistic terms and disregard the consequences, making it impractical). Related to your comment, I can safely say that those "nice guys" complaining in those lines aren't really "Nice Guys" in the first place.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 28, 2011, 02:54:36 am »
http://skepchick.org/2011/12/reddit-makes-me-hate-atheists/

Rebecca Watson basically did a ShitRedditSays effortpost that annihilated r/atheism/ and helped demonstrate why reddit, and the internet at large, is so fucking hostile to women.

I am now taking volunteers to run my reeducation camps for patriarchal assholes.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 28, 2011, 03:21:01 am »
I'm still reeling after getting a whiff of what happened there -- all the analysis needs now is a trigger warning.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1148 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:23 pm »

Hmm, I accidentally did this to someone. I considered him my bro, but he ended up falling for me. He never complained about "friendzoning," but that's essentially what happened.
Hmm, I feel bad for him, but I don't regret turning him down. We've since cut off contact, anyway.
Anyway, the majority of assholes complaining about 'friendzoning' are just that: assholes. I'm not trying to defend them, I'm only sharing a personal experience of mine. I'm not raising any arguments here. Okay? Okay.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1149 on: December 28, 2011, 03:48:46 pm »
I cannot deny that I was once a "nice guy," in the sense of complaining about shallow women. This is one of those instances where you hang around the type of people that reinforce certain ideas with personal experiences, and, of course, it's often hard to crawl out of those delusions.

I think the main reason I got caught up in that mindset is something that tush brought up; in order to get dates, the common perception is that you have to be a 'player.' You have to have all the right moves, know the right words, and overall be a manipulative asshole. Obviously that's not the case, and today I realize that being manipulative in that case is often a sign of an abusive relationship or the 'seduction community,' but in high school where perception matters that's what it was. Since I was not a player, it often occurred to me that I had some kind of flaw that made me unable to get a date, which also coupled with the (correct) opinion on my part that the players were giant skeezbags anyway.

So the "nice guy" community was a perfect fit for me. It wasn't MY fault for not being a player; it was the girls' faults for only liking jerks. Those shallow girls were the reason that I couldn't get a date, and it had nothing to do with anything else that even related to me, except that I wasn't a "jerk." Of course this brings up the problem of the "nice guy" getting friendzoned and whatnot. xkcd can explain it better:

In the end, while "seduction" types are manipulative assholes, the "nice guy" and his emotional manipulation of himself and others is often just as bad. I'd like to think I've kept the good parts of the "nice guy" in me and have begun using that sort of patience and empathy in platonic relationships, but really, you're not much of a nice person or a friend if you can't commit that much anyway.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1150 on: December 28, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »
XD The problem with the "nice guys" complaining about "shallow women" (no offense, Truthordeal) is usually because there's a lack of self-respect, much less actually respecting a woman: you simply let them walk over you. In any case, we've all been there (including the women in similar situations, I suppose), so don't worry.

I think I'll be concise here rather post a text wall: based on evolutionary traits, a lot of times masculine and manipulative "jerks" seem attractive to many partners because strength of character and self-respect triumphs in social fields and competence. But there's another facet a lot of people miss: women are usually attracted towards men with feminine traits for their sensitivity, kindness and understanding. Unlike relationship with abusive jerks, relationship with feminine men seem to last longer (at least from my research). Femininity pertains to gentleness and honesty, and hence often fidelity. Sincerity wins always.

But of course, even feminine men require sufficient confidence. Without self-respect, and respect for the partner, things go crazy, be it jerk or nice, man or woman. A person doesn't need to be a jerk, or pretend to be a nice guy. Just go out there and honestly socialize and have fun, doesn't matter who. Know each others' feelings, and remember that every friend matters. And more importantly, be yourself!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:12:30 pm by tushantin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:57 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/world/middleeast/israeli-girl-at-center-of-tension-over-religious-extremism.html?_r=1&ref=women

Fuck these stupid motherfucking assholes. The Romans should have razed the old Abrahamic places of worship, destroyed the icons, and created a policy of detecting and eliminating religious dissent in its most nascent form. How less fucked-up the world would be if we were still half-caring about Jupiter and his pantheon instead of living under the thrall of monotheistic brutality. A few words to the right governors and administrators, and Jesus would have never made it out of Galilee, and Mohammed would have never stepped foot outside Mecca.

Ave, Imperator.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »
I am embarrassed to say (since I just turned 24 a week ago today)

...but what exactly is "friendzoning"?

I could probably find something on the plethora of web content available on our fabulous search engines, but I have to say that The Compendium is far more intelligent than an automatic search resulting in over a possible 1,000,000 results...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:16:03 pm by Magus22 »

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1153 on: December 28, 2011, 05:39:49 pm »
@Zeality: Rome did do that. Incidentally, that's why Christianity spread the way it did.

@Magus: I'll give you an example. A boy and a girl are friends. The boy starts feeling that his relationship with the girl could be more than friendship, and starts dropping hints or even going so far as to ask her out. The girl, either unaware or not interested, drops hints that she doesn't think of him that way, outright rejects him, etc., and usually says that she would like to "remain friends." When the boy knows that he will never have more than a platonic friendship with the girl, that is called being put in the "friend zone." A lot of "nice guys" complain about being "friendzoned" because they typically project their feelings onto the girl and think that they were being led on, and that her rejection was cruel and shallow.

Of course, my example emphasizes the male side of things, but that's because I happen to be male and the incidence of this sort of thing tends to be more heavily male.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 28, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »
The Romans should have razed the old Abrahamic places of worship, destroyed the icons, and created a policy of detecting and eliminating religious dissent in its most nascent form. How less fucked-up the world would be if we were still half-caring about Jupiter and his pantheon instead of living under the thrall of monotheistic brutality. A few words to the right governors and administrators, and Jesus would have never made it out of Galilee, and Mohammed would have never stepped foot outside Mecca.

That's a big butterfly effect trigger. Despite the negative things, there were also quite a bit of positive things that were inspired by those religions. For example, without the Crusades, Europe wouldn't have come in contact with the Middle East and the influence it left in them after the Crusades were over. Or it would just have taken longer. That is, assuming this change wouldn't influence the fall of the Roman Empire.