Author Topic: Eureka 7: Pocket Full of Rainbows  (Read 1205 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Eureka 7: Pocket Full of Rainbows
« on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:51 pm »
Anyone else seen it? It was released in Japan on DVD sometime in late April, I think. It's a movie giving an alternate universe kind of retelling of E7, so if you're a fan of the series I'd recommend it. I couldn't download the subbed version, so I ended up watching the raw and still found it pretty easy to follow save for having to wade through the moonspeak. I think the subbed release is around 4 gigs in size, so if your computer can handle that, go for it.

For those who've already watched and, or just fans of the series, what were/are your thoughts on it?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Eureka 7: Pocket Full of Rainbows
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:13:39 pm »
I liked Eureka 7 despite going from attraction being giant robots to more girly things (I don't mind girly things, just bugs me when you change midway through), but Pocket full of rainbows?! That does it. Sorry but I'm set with that. It was wierd enough when the giant robot started talking at the end, very femenine(didn't speel right I know) and talking about "LOVE WILL SAVE THE UNIVERSE GOODY GOODY!" Sorry, but this cuts it for me, where did the giant robots go?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 04:19:04 pm »
I liked Eureka 7 despite going from attraction being giant robots to more girly things (I don't mind girly things, just bugs me when you change midway through), but Pocket full of rainbows?! That does it. Sorry but I'm set with that. It was wierd enough when the giant robot started talking at the end, very femenine(didn't speel right I know) and talking about "LOVE WILL SAVE THE UNIVERSE GOODY GOODY!" Sorry, but this cuts it for me, where did the giant robots go?

The title is a reference to a song, just like every episode title in the series.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:26:39 am »
Now THAT I didn't know. Alright, I suppose knowing that I'll bite again. Which part of the series is it from?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:04:59 am »
Now THAT I didn't know. Alright, I suppose knowing that I'll bite again. Which part of the series is it from?

It's based around an alternate universe, >90% of the story and character themes are completely different, so don't go in expecting to see the same stuff from the series like I did.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:19:14 pm »
Ah, then nevermind. But that's just me.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 02:28:27 pm »
Ah, then nevermind. But that's just me.

Yeah, I get you. A lot of diehard fans of the series hated it, I guess I just didn't find it too bad for some reason.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
1st: I'm just hoping that maybe there'd be something more to it considering the ending was wierd to me. I saw it on Adult Swim and liked it til round the end. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE hooking up and just making out at the end and then the one badass thing left, giant robot, goes weak. I don't mind the stuff usually, romance and all that but when you take an action series for 3 seasons and change the genre last second it's like WTF? And to wrap it all up.

SPOILER: HIGHLIGHT
The two main characters die at the end?! Come on! We wanna see them happily ever after which they had but they decided let's die instead cause the world won't accept us! Oh wait too late for us to see that when the world saw us kissing they could accept our two races together! Oh well!

2nd: I'm surprised we are the only 2 posting, like we're the only fans in here. :? Eh, whatever. Nice to know I suppose you aren't the only one.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:54:13 pm »
Erm, there were 3 couples, and it had been eluded to since the beginning of the series.

Also, Renton and Eureka are alive at the end, I'm pretty sure.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »
I rechecked myself and still wierded by it. It's not that they die it's that they sacriice their bodies to become just... souls? It doesn't explain but they aren't physical beings anymore.

And I know that it had a romantic theme also to it, but it bugs me when a series advertises itself to be one thing and turns out to have it, but that's far from the main focus. That's what happened here. Advertise giant robots. Get lvoe story. Kinda contradicting each other.

Although thanks to you bringing up this thread I'm really looking to get it on DVD now. The main series I mean. Thanks!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »
I thought that there was plenty of LFO action in the series alongside the overtone of romance, but maybe that's just me.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »
There was, just not as much as claimed. But still a lot of it.
Skateboarding robots.
Correction
SKYboarding robots. Pretty colors.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 09:24:12 pm »
You didn't think Reffing was awesome? I remember pining for a sport like that long after I finished the series.