Poll

If the original Chrono Trigger Dream Team got back together, what would you want to see?

A new port of Chrono Trigger to the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC with HD 3D graphics
3 (10.7%)
Crono Brake to be released for the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC
21 (75%)
A port of Chrono Cross to the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC
3 (10.7%)
A new Wii/DSiWare feature to buy extra dungeons, sidequests etc.
0 (0%)
An MMO with all of the characters from Chrono Trigger/Cross plus your own creation
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: What would YOU want?  (Read 4524 times)

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
What would YOU want?
« on: July 03, 2009, 02:24:18 am »
This was just an idea that popped in my head.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: What would YOU want?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:28:31 am »
Chrono Brake. If there is something to do about the series, it's a new game. In my opinion, it would get better results than a port or remake of the previous ones.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:32:08 am »
Theres one thing that i'm not quite sure about with Chrono Brake (if there is to be one) What if it's completely irrelevant to the Chrono series alltogether. Not only could it not relate to Chrono Trigger or Cross, but It might be a completely new theme. Which IMO would make no sense. But theres also a chance that Brake may bridge a few gaps and cliffhangers from the end of Cross and the transition between Trigger/Cross.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:33:20 am »
Why would they need to bring together the Dream Team in order to port any of the Chrono series...?? The Dream Team was overrated anyways and they were mostly like producers and the like...idk how much involvement they all had besides being big names to draw attention to the original project.

Just give me Kato, Mitsuda and I'd like Toriyama back, myself, but I'm open to pretty much any good character designer, for Chrono 4. Oh, and I don't care if any of it is on a handheld even...and ports, or more accurately remakes, are only possibly going to be on handhelds anyways these days...Hoping for otherwise is delusional.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 02:37:58 am »
Theres one thing that i'm not quite sure about with Chrono Brake (if there is to be one) What if it's completely irrelevant to the Chrono series alltogether. Not only could it not relate to Chrono Trigger or Cross, but It might be a completely new theme. Which IMO would make no sense. But theres also a chance that Brake may bridge a few gaps and cliffhangers from the end of Cross and the transition between Trigger/Cross.

Well, since this poll has to be Chrono related only, I don't see why would Brake wouldn't be that in this case.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 02:41:37 am »
I would like to see a new release if anything else.

And by the way, what's with "Brake"?  Could it mean "to stop or slow down" a plot device in the game itself?  Why not "Break", which can signify the occurrence of a broken rift in the space-time continuum?

IDK.  Either way, a new game would be good for me.

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 03:17:22 am »
And by the way, what's with "Brake"?  Could it mean "to stop or slow down" a plot device in the game itself?  Why not "Break", which can signify the occurrence of a broken rift in the space-time continuum?

If I remember correctly, "Brake" is just a variation of "Break" So it would be like; In Japan it would be named Chrono Brake, but in the states it would be Chrono Break.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 05:19:38 am »
The only dream team we need is Kato & Mitsuda! 

And CB... what, you think there should even be ANY other options?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 12:15:46 pm »

Possibly. Trigger went along the lines of the characters being Triggers for numerous events thanks to their time traveling escapades and Cross for crossing between dimensions. Radical Dreamers is self explanatory(maybe their thief group?).

As for my vote, and apparantly EVERYONE'S VOTE(why wouldn't it be?)-
A new Chrono game. We got CTDS for some new import. 3D graphics would be nice, Cross import would be nice, MMO would be nice, but not even all of those at the same time could top a new Chrono.
Not sure if there is even enough character designs original to Chrono to warrant an MMO anyways. Most of the people would just look like average people. Nothing special to them.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 12:32:49 pm »
All of them is nice a nice gift, but as ONSLAUGHT stated, a new Chrono games are our top priority. In this sense, this can be whether a true sequel featuring any of previous characters from Chrono Trigger,Radical Dreamer and Chrono Cross or a completely new games featuring new Characters and possibly new setting.

I hope they will hire a new composer for any Chrono installments accompanying Yasunori Mitsuda. His late work has been a slightly letdown, although I doubt he will continue be like this forever. And of course Kato is an important person, no Kato no Chrono.
Not no Crono or no Serge thus no CT/CC like previous hardcore fan stated   :?

I accept any consoles they will put it in, even for handhelds.

btw I suggest you add spin-off option for the poll.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »
While I'd really love for there to be a full-3D remake...I'ma go with Chrono Brake/Break! :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 07:48:44 pm »
New game all the way.  And I have faith that it would not be a letdown.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:07:18 pm »
Not sure if there is even enough character designs original to Chrono to warrant an MMO anyways. Most of the people would just look like average people. Nothing special to them.

I sort of felt similarly about not really thinking a Chrono MMO would work. Talk to Krispy. He convinced even me (with an ardent dislike of MMOs) that the idea is sound.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 09:57:03 pm »
Easy question, IMO. New game.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 12:44:43 pm »
Brake.

Remember that thread I made a while ago about the possible meanings of "Brake"? Yeah, can't wait to yell "CALLED IT".