Author Topic: Worth getting?  (Read 3873 times)

Largo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Da-IRC
Re: Worth getting?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 03:52:57 am »
Really all CT DS is a redone PSX version with DS Stylus support and a few extra in-game endings, dungeons, features. If anything one would get this if they were a true CT Fan or would to find out what CT is all about. I still prefer my SNES cart but my psx version gets more use.  :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 06:52:02 am »
Yeah, it's the PSX version if the PSX version didn't suck terrible, hairy monkey balls...and some more story stuff, extra connectivity to the sequel and handheldedness. Even the extras section got redone (and is more useful than the PSX version). I see it as a good apology for what they gave us in Chronicles. This time around it wasn't just the ROM slapped onto a disk with a few anime sequences (though those are there too, and skippable!).

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:27 am »
Is it worth getting a nintendo ds for? No. If you already have a DS go for it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:43 am »
I think it adds up with the rest of the DS lineup to make it more than worth getting a DS for.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:09 pm »
I know this may be a rhetorical question but is this game worth getting? I played the original for the SNES and the PS1 remake but never played the DS version yet. I only just gotten the system recently and the game crossed my mind as a "possible" must have. Are there any differences that DS has or is there only the improved graphics?

It's the same game that it has always been. So to answer your question yes it is worth getting.