Author Topic: My Tribute to Crimson Echoes  (Read 1274 times)

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
My Tribute to Crimson Echoes
« on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:45 am »
I'm sure there's probably dozens of tributes now for Crimson Echoes, but I just felt compelled to make my own after watching the walkthrough (all 12 hours of it :shock: ). Since money is obviously not an option at this point, I consider this my compensation for 12 hours worth or entertainment and nostalgia :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REPIBmAP-pQ

My Thoughts on Crimson Echoes: To me, every moment of watching it felt like watching a part of chrono trigger I had never seen. Everything seemed so.. real, and believable. When I look back on this game in the future, and speak of it, I will most likely speak of it as if it were truth, as if it were an actual part of the chrono series. To me this is the sequel (prequel? midquel?) that us fans will never get.. and because of SE still won't get.
The video I made, aside from the song I remixed myself, gives insight towards the game and the story behind it. Hopefully inspiring others to look into the series. I shall say it's my part in spreading the word :)

much love,
Mitch

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: My Tribute to Crimson Echoes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:43:57 pm »
My goodness that song was gorgeous...what a fantastic tribute...Well done man, well done.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:21:16 pm »
haha thank you :)
also, i forgot to mention this.. but i hope you guys dont mind that i used some footage from one of the trailers. If it is against your wishes i will remove it, but hopefully there isnt a problem seeing as how im only trying to promote the game and series :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 02:27:17 pm »
Fantastic remix Mitchr90, be sure to provide ZeaLitY a file so he can include it in the next mega update (depending on how long the OCRemix submission process takes I guess). Using footage from the trailers is fine, and I'm glad the quality was suitable enough for a transfer.

I'm curious as to what program or video editing suite you used for the text overlays. I find the text blur particularly beautiful.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »
im glad you like it :) and that theres no harm in using the footage
i use iMovie '09 for all my editing, they have really nice text overlays
ill hook you up with anything you guys need like if you want me to send you the video or the song ill gladly do so!

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:24 pm »
Indeed dude, way to go. Favorited, rated five stars.

You definitely have the remixing skills. 

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:10:05 pm »
Thank you :)
im sad to see it go without any honours :( (the video i posted a day before got some nice honours)
start discussions on the video page maybe? haha i dont want to seem like im self promoting myself BUT
some nice honours for my video = free advertisement/awareness for CE 8)

..in canada i guess  :lol:

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:06 am »
Very nice performance. It's like a CT song arranged in the style of CC. I always thought the ending of "To Good Friends" sounded like a very early version of the Arni theme.