Author Topic: Is This game hard?  (Read 1612 times)

inf225

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Is This game hard?
« on: June 26, 2009, 01:32:24 pm »
I'm planning on getting a good Ds game for a trip im going on and I want to know if this game would be good? I know this is a great game and I've heard so much about it. However, I dont play many jrpgs (I played person 3 and 4 thats about it) so im not too good at them, however I do play some western rpgs. Will this game be hard for me? Will I have to do a lot of grinding? Also, i wont have any access to guides, so can I beat this game without using guides and stuff?

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Is This game hard?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 01:39:01 pm »
Hard isn't what I would call it. It's more on the easy side. You don't have to grind a lot, except for maybe TP for learning the techs, but you can earn enough as you go through.

Also, you don't need a guide. Sometimes you are told what to do, other times there is only one path to follow, etc. As for game mechanics and stuff, some there are explained in-game. Just a hint: Talk to every NPC you may find.

inf225

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:42:32 pm »
That good news, is there a lot of hardcore strategy and stuff and also, what is the punishment for death, do you go to the main menu or does it load back before you die...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:01:48 pm »
Well, you are sent back to the main menu when you die.

As for strategy, well, there isn't much, though some enemies do require some. Still, most don't require that much of strategy to defeat.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 02:05:15 pm »
If you want the game to be much easier, you really only have to remember one thing: When you get asked, "You wish to fight me?" (or something to that effect, new script), say no.

The game is pretty straightforward and it's usually pretty easy to tell where you're supposed to go. If you get stuck, there's an old man who gives you hints. As for leveling, you don't have to grind, but it's a good idea to not skip any battles. If you do every single fight, then you should be at appropriate levels for whatever bosses you run into.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:31:09 pm »
Honestly, CT is one of the easier RPGs out there. The plot isn't convoluted, it's easy to get hooked, and you probably won't find yourself lost. There are, however, some tricky bosses that will require thought, but if all else fails ask around here and you'll get a number of surefire ways to beat 'em.

Celdine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
This is definitely an easier RPG. I don't think I ever needed to use a strategy guide for it. It requires no grind at all either, as Zephira said, don't skip a lot of battles and you should be at a decent level for any boss.

If you want the game to be much easier, you really only have to remember one thing: When you get asked, "You wish to fight me?" (or something to that effect, new script), say no.

QFT  :D