Author Topic: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!  (Read 29712 times)

neologix

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Gate Sealer
    • View Profile
    • ATOM - Apollolux Tabular Object Management system
Re: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2009, 04:21:12 am »
i was ready to vote some vids a two simply cuz of FW's tomfoolery abt navigating that forest maze...

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2009, 08:50:47 am »
Did anyone notice the "Double Down" staircase on part 76?

At 9:38, there are two flights of stairs, that if you go down, make you end up on the same level, wouldn't that be physically impossible?

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:01 am »
Poor Marle...that's what you get for messing around with time...that vid was almost painful to watch. In a good way.

Whereas the forest maze...I must confess to fast forwarding at some parts  =P I was sort of glad FW didn't do the last two sidequests, because that would have been tedious, but I must ask what are the rewards for completing those?

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2009, 09:32:19 am »
Did anyone notice the "Double Down" staircase on part 76?

At 9:38, there are two flights of stairs, that if you go down, make you end up on the same level, wouldn't that be physically impossible?

In the world of nothing but wasteland of lost fragment, nothing is impossible, even an optical illusion.

Just watched the video, love all the sidequests. I am glad everything will solved tommorow. Being one of my favorite playthough, I congratulation on any hardwork that poured to this phenomenal fan project, even if we can't actually play it. All commentary are well done and funny at the same time,
even though the CE is not released, the team still answered all question patiently without regret. Thank you for your corporation.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:28 am »

The DBT doesn't "physically" exist in the first place. There's another set of impossible stairs in tomorrow's videos also ;)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 09:56:31 am »
When I saw it, it made me laugh, for precisely the reason they were defying logic. But since when the DBT had followed it anyway?

Anyway, that's an awesome dungeon there.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:56 am »
I pretty much figured it was on purpose, but when I saw it, I couldn't help but wonder IF it was on purpose.

I was like...  If they didn't do that on purpose, that's one hell of a design flaw.

Frog II

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2009, 04:13:59 pm »
So would siding with Porre earlier have any effect on keeping them from invading Guardia?

I assume it might be a possibility and that the team was seem simply trying to go for their vision of the "canonical" ending which leads up to CC.

So what happens in the longterm if you side with Porre?  If they love you as much as the Mystics do then is there any way that they decide not to follow Dalton's ordes?  C'mon guys, you got me really curious- I'd love to stop the attack on the castle if at all possible.

Did you ever plan for making that a possibility for the player?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:37:38 pm by Frog II »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2009, 04:57:38 pm »
When I saw it, it made me laugh, for precisely the reason they were defying logic. But since when the DBT had followed it anyway?
From what I understand this is a mockup of the DBT. :>

Oh and the sidequests that we got to see were great. But holy shit, these maps were gorgeous--I noticed the little details here and there on the museum map and was just dumbfounded--you guys did well. And even though watching FW trek through the maze was a chore on its own, I was happy to get to see that jungle map for so long. That looked like it took a bitchingly long time...

Can't wait to see how everything else plays out...

Chromaticed

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hee hee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2009, 06:50:00 pm »
I am guessing that the chrono trigger ds secret ending's plot will be addressed right? You know, Magus dressed as the prophet and such.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2009, 06:56:39 pm »
It's not shown directly, but you can see how CT:DS could have happened after CE.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2009, 07:23:19 pm »
Oh and the sidequests that we got to see were great. But holy shit, these maps were gorgeous--I noticed the little details here and there on the museum map and was just dumbfounded--you guys did well. And even though watching FW trek through the maze was a chore on its own, I was happy to get to see that jungle map for so long. That looked like it took a bitchingly long time...

Yeah, I made that map originally for the split party in Chapter 6: one group would have gone to Singing Mountain while the other would have gone to this forest maze. Eventually I made the maze part a cutscene (with the two Terrasaur battles) instead of something interactive, due to pacing. It's also why the party members mention meeting "a silly Beeba and his fruits" in that cutscene; the Beeba was never meant to be shown, it was a sort of inside-joke on how you didn't get to see the second party navigate the maze looking for the Dragon Tooth. We also had a Prehistory sidequest, so it seemed good to reuse the map for it.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2009, 08:57:02 pm »
Speaking of that map, it was going really REALLY well, and I was suprised at the superb work on it, until I saw him climb the ladder through the floor.  I then thought, *ouch*  lol  Other than that, it was EXTREMELY well done :)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:10 pm »
Final dungeon, battle, and ending are out. Alternate endings to follow once uploaded (not sure if it'll be tomorrow).

:1999

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2009, 10:21:02 pm »
ZEALITY: Dig if you will, a picture...of you and I engaged in a kiss; the sweat of your body covers me; can you my darling, can you picture this? Dream if you can, a courtyard, an ocean of violets in bloom...animals strike curious poses, they feel the heat, the heat between me and you.

I have Bruce Campbell voice reading that in my head, oh good can't stop laughing.