Author Topic: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!  (Read 29609 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: SUMMER'S CRY ULTRA UPDATE! A lot of stuff plus CE chapters!
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2009, 10:22:11 pm »
Hopefully we'll get the alternate New Game+ endings uploaded in time for tomorrow, then I'm still working on a proper credits reel (which will feature all the unused sprites to keep everyone's interest), and then...who knows? Maybe we've got a little treat footage in store? Gotta have something to cover the whole month, after all. :D

I just wanted to give a shout out to serendipity, because Sefiros (a really talented experimental/amateur composer) and Yasunori Mitsuda somehow became psychic and decided to use really similar simple 8-note melodies for certain works. I wanted to use something Yasunori Mitsuda composed for the final boss music (and WHAT a final boss!), and following the melody, it was easy to backtrack from there.

I do believe that the DBT ranks among the best end-game dungeons ever to grace a console game.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2009, 01:03:23 am »
Now all that...

Is one of the best things I have ever seen in my life!!

I could watch it again for several times and still be amazed with that. That is how much of a great job you did guys. Truly a masterpiece.

lunar7

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2009, 02:04:37 am »
I said it once and I'll say it again - this effort is truly an inspiration. Regardless of the ultimate outcome of things, this will remain in my mind the best rom hack to date, bar none.

After seeing the full ending of the game, maybe it's not so sad Marle and Chrono are relieved of their duty (though I'm glad the scene with Marle running to her chamber crying got cut, that was really depressing!), because it opens up the imagination to endless new adventures they could be having after the events of CE, without any responsibilities to tie them down.

The three post-credit scenes also do wonders to open the imagination to new possibilities, not only seguing seamlessly into Chrono Cross, but also events parallel to and after the events of CC themselves.

I can only hope that the way things turned out will do nothing to lessen the sense of accomplishment the entire CE team should feel for having immortalized themselves in a certain sense, stepping well beyond the call of duty as CT/CC fans to provide such an immersive experience to the rest of the community. Furthermore I can only hope that the community (and hopefully well beyond the central core of especially avid fans) will never forget this monumental effort, as it is a landmark in fan-made gaming history without a doubt.

There is one question I really want to ask the CE team but I think I will wait until I'm absolutely sure about going ahead with something I've wanted to do for a very long time, first. In the meantime, let me just say that without having seen this amazing account of a whole other adventure for the CT cast, I probably would have never felt it could actually be possible...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2009, 02:16:13 am »
Yeah, I think a lot of fans will find the (expanded) ending satisfying, because it reconciles the wishes of fans with CC's historical assumptions while broadening the audience's horizons.

Frog II

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2009, 02:51:16 am »
That was fun!  I loved the last dungeon and all the music and it was cool to see some tough fights. (though obviously not too tough on account of New Game+)  So now that the game's over.... what does happen if you choose to be neutral or if you side with Porre?  Does any of that lead into alternate endings or timelines?  Or does it simply effect picking up certain items and dialogue?

Actually, now that I think about, helping Porre (or Mystics) should only occur in the timeline where the Masamune never exists.... didn't the Masamune come back into existence thus negating any actions in regards to Porre vs. Mystic? (confusion ensues)

Also, what happens if solo Chrono can defeat solo Lavos?

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2009, 03:43:11 am »
that was so awesome guys thanks for upping it to YT it made me all teary and nostalgic at some points and i totally missed out on alot of CC references because i just started playing it for the first time a few days ago im gonna rewatch em lol but i figure the BOY they were talked about in the last few was serge? but yer stunning job guys

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2009, 03:44:54 am »
*Stands up and claps*

Thank you CE team for providing me with one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever witnessed.  Thanks A12, Zeality, and C99 for making such an amazing game, and thank you FW for recording it.  This was true beauty.  I was almost in tears during the credits, and at that point I just wanted to freak out at square...  But I knew it would change absolutely nothing.  This was an incredible experience.  I thank you.  Thank you so much...

*Begins clapping again*

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2009, 03:48:11 am »
That was the first time I saw the final boss's graphics ingame. Very cool.

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2009, 03:54:17 am »
That was amazing work, a job well done. It's probably the most professional ROM hack we will ever see.

I loved the DBT music (the first portion of it), and the last few battle themes were pretty good as well. This game did a perfect job of tying into Cross.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2009, 03:57:57 am »
A noble job well done indeed.

Well played, my dear Watson!

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2009, 03:59:22 am »
I hope square watches these videos...  I hope they watch them and see what the destroyed.  They sent this world to the Darkness Beyond Time, where it is doomed to never escape from.  I hope they watch the video's and feel disgust in themselves for what they did.  Most importantly, I hope they regret everything.  Every blow off, every automated message, and most importantly the C&D itself.  I hope they see these videos...  I really, REALLY hope they do...  Once again, Beautiful job you guys.  Absolutely Beatiful.

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2009, 04:16:47 am »
I've made up my mind.

If I ever get a private board on GameFAQs, I'm going to call it the Darkness Beyond Time. I love that name; it looks so epic.   :o

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2009, 04:20:20 am »
I hope square watches these videos...  I hope they watch them and see what the destroyed.  They sent this world to the Darkness Beyond Time, where it is doomed to never escape from.  I hope they watch the video's and feel disgust in themselves for what they did.  Most importantly, I hope they regret everything.  Every blow off, every automated message, and most importantly the C&D itself.  I hope they see these videos...  I really, REALLY hope they do...  Once again, Beautiful job you guys.  Absolutely Beatiful.

lol perhaps or they might steal everything and make a new one which is messed up

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2009, 06:30:40 am »
Hah, 3 people replied to the last CE video saying they're going to play Chrono Cross for the first time now. That feels good.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2009, 06:34:05 am »
Hah, 3 people replied to the last CE video saying they're going to play Chrono Cross for the first time now. That feels good.

Perhaps SE should have remade Cross if they foreseed this. :lol: