Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 17  (Read 8703 times)

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 17
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 02:29:41 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeKkuyjILls

Here is the link to the video concerning the incident, I still do not watch them full through though.

EDIT:

Ok, the Masamune is not seen there after the fight with Lavos and Crono's death (around 8:02), either it was somehow sent through portal or was taken out.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:34:38 am by kid123 »

Claxo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:25 am »
If the Masamune isn't the plot hole, then the only other thing I can think of is when the Mammon Machine is cracked open, revealing the 'other' Frozen Flame, that would mean that the Mammon Machine wouldn't be present in the Black Omen in CT. I'm sure I'm just grasping at straws here. Its late for me and I should be in bed.   :)

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:39:54 am »
The plot hole is that Crono and the gang wouldn't be able to return from the Ocean Palace? Because there's no permanent Gate there?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 06:20:28 am »
The plot hole is that Crono and the gang wouldn't be able to return from the Ocean Palace? Because there's no permanent Gate there?

THIS.

I remember listing all the Time Egg uses during development but apparently the team forgot to take this one into account. The Gate is currently in 11,995 BC and the gang travel to 5 years before that; they should be stuck in the past because Belthasar didn't give them a Time Egg for the return trip.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:22:06 am by Chrono'99 »

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 08:59:29 am »
say, i sort of enjoyed the climax out of these ocean palace arc. the suspense was lifting too! I liked the glitch ayla and robo did. Just run off into the abyss. will there be more today?

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 01:19:44 pm »
I remember listing all the Time Egg uses during development but apparently the team forgot to take this one into account. The Gate is currently in 11,995 BC and the gang travel to 5 years before that; they should be stuck in the past because Belthasar didn't give them a Time Egg for the return trip.
Oi, would this have been rectified, had the C&D not happened? I mean, aside from any possible cop-out?

Oh an marvelous chapter by the way--these maps came out perfectly (except for one very small, semi-unnoticeable hitch in Magus's dream). But dammit, this cliffhanger is insane.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:06 pm »
The Gate is currently in 11,995 BC and the gang travel to 5 years before that; they should be stuck in the past because Belthasar didn't give them a Time Egg for the return trip.

We can assume Agent12 popped in there with a Time Egg? Behind the scenes.

This one was well-done, even though it's a bit short. I love Ocean Palace stuff. It's like just being there feels like disaster waiting to happen.

And I did like the preview of Chapter 18! Wowzers. Is that gonna go through the whole team? Don't answer cause I wanna see for myself.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:32:25 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »
agent 12, so....there are now five videos left and the game is over? :( that is what you replied to another user on youtube.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »
He wrote 'chapters'. There are only 5 chapters left.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 03:25:11 pm »
There are 86 videos in the whole main playthrough, and we still need to get a credits reel (the one in the beta was sort of "unused," haha) and alternate ending footage up.

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 03:32:22 pm »
Cliffhangers suck. Period.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:45 pm »
Cliffhangers suck. Period.
I know, it was like an episode that you see on tv that it gets so exciting that the 22 minute episode already wraps up and you have to wait till next week! Kind  of like Pokemon when there is a big Pokemon battle going on. I think Zeal has a thing for Schala and I'm looking forward to those endings and future playthroughs. I will enjoy every one of them. Also, I have a feeling that Marle's trial will be at 1 AD because I remember seeing the video of her preventing Cedric from moving forward.

LinkSlySora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 06:52:29 pm »

THIS.

I thought it was annotanted in the video that they waited 3 days because a gate would appear on that day only, because it was the anniversary or something. Maybe I'm off. Or way off. I dunno, going to depth into time travel was really well done. Hard to make it not confusing, but you guys did a great job in making it a lot less confusing.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:12:29 pm »
The Dispatch Chamber can send you BACK in one year increments.  They were waiting for the OP disasters anniversary to send them back.

But getting the return trip to chronopolis would require a gate from which the catcher could yoink them in.

--JP

LinkSlySora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »
Aaaa that makes sense. I actually think I understood that before, think that part in the game needed to be worded a little better (or I just gotta read a little bit better, although either way it isn't badly written).