Author Topic: chrono trigger sprites edits  (Read 3941 times)

Ledin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono trigger sprites edits
« on: May 06, 2005, 09:44:53 am »
is there any chrono trigger sprites edit out there, I was just wondering if anyone on this board has done some and what they were?

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 09:35:24 pm »
My first sprite edit was small, but kind of cute. :)
I replaced Crono's mom with Terra from Final Fantasy 6. I didn't have to change the palette at all, the palette lends itself quite well to the sprite in my opinion, so I didn't change it.

My second sprite edit was a bit more fun, I changed the Imp sprite with a Moogle from Final Fantasy 6. Chopping up happy moogles is fun. That's all there is to it.  "Kupo Kupo...Ku....AHHHHHHHGGHHHHHH..." *CHOP*
(pic coming soon, along with downloads)

My third edit is still in the making. I've replaced Crono with a Nu, and am in the process of making him a fully functional character, along with numorous other changes.

I know there not 'real' edits, but hey... the CT hacking scene is just getting started... and Terra can be my mother any day of the week. ^_^

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 07:13:43 pm »
She can be my mother if I can be an insetrual mother fucker.

That Nu thing sounds cool if you could get his attacks to be regular attacks, the 1HP attack and the all but 1HP attack. That'd be a sight to see...And when he gets to ** lvl, he should turn pink and have all those kick ass Techs that Spekkio uses! That'd be fun.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 08:10:14 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
She can be my mother if I can be an insetrual mother fucker.

That Nu thing sounds cool if you could get his attacks to be regular attacks, the 1HP attack and the all but 1HP attack. That'd be a sight to see...And when he gets to ** lvl, he should turn pink and have all those kick ass Techs that Spekkio uses! That'd be fun.

That's a great idea. :)
I'll have to see if I can pull something like that off.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 08:18:21 pm »
:lol: Oh man, at first, I thought you were talking about the first part about Terra! :lol:

Oh and you should make it so that it's just Nu and that all the other characters are replaced with Nu and the Nu that you normally see in game should be the characters! Ha!...or maybe not...

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 09:07:54 pm »
Well, I already have a fightable Dark Crono enemy in there... I'm thinking about having the Nu be one of Lucca's inventions, and having Lucca be the main character for this story. More on it when I start a new thread on it. Sorry for hijacking your thread Ledin. :)

A cool sprite to use would be Slash, he has alot of frames of animation to use.

I should probably log back in now that I think about it... >_>

Garian

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 12:03:15 pm »
Quote from: Chickenlump
I know there not 'real' edits, but hey... the CT hacking scene is just getting started... and Terra can be my mother any day of the week. ^_^

learn the SNES assembly language insead of letting other people do all the hard work for you :(

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 09:18:29 am »
Quote from: Garian
Quote from: Chickenlump

learn the SNES assembly language insead of letting other people do all the hard work for you :(

SNES assembly language?
What a bizzare statement. You must be so embarrased... this thread is about sprite edits. :oops: ASM hacks are not required for sprite edits, and I have already admitted to it being one of my first hacks.

Please though, feel free to show us some of your SNES assembly language skills and post screens of the amazing sprite edits you create with it.

:roll:

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 04:10:34 pm »
learn the SNES assembly language insead of letting other people do all the hard work for you

He already knows ASM.

---T.Geiger