Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 16  (Read 4619 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 16
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 04:04:14 pm »
Porre studied him and his ability to use elements.

As for reactions:

Well......after the fight a self destruct sequence was activated so they didn't have that much time. I don't really regret the parties reaction to Coyopa that much...especially since technically the party that you had could have consisted of only people that had never met him (Lucca/Robo/Marle).  I do regret and would even consider it a 2% bug that Calkhula does not have a reaction to his comrades demise. I think I mention this in the commentary.

--JP

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »
Yup, you did it, Cakhula only says something about the Data cube of the Xamoltan, and you expressed your concerns about him showing some emotion about Coyopa's fate, I happen to agree.

And thanks for the info about the "Heaven lies under the Pyramid" thing ;)

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 06:36:47 pm »
Great chapter.  Also, YAY GROBYC xD.  That made my day.  Also, who else is gonna watch this whole thing from beginning to end without interruption when it's all said and done? ;)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 06:40:30 pm »
Great chapter.  Also, YAY GROBYC xD.  That made my day.  Also, who else is gonna watch this whole thing from beginning to end without interruption when it's all said and done? ;)

If my father isn't downloading something in his computer (which slows the internet on mine), then I will.

Mbrady16

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 06:44:37 pm »
If all Porre did was study him, why did he turn into a mutant freak?

Also, the party knows the other two Xamoltan and are apparently on good terms with them.  Why would they not be at least bothered by the fate of the third- even if their interactions no longer technically occurred at all?  Even if it were somebody they didn't like, I'd expect at least a "they didn't deserve that/even that went too far" kind of reaction.  I agree with kid123 I suppose in that this chapter seems incomplete and unpolished, which is to be expected.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 06:54:39 pm »
@ Mikisho: I am totally going to do it man!, actually I am hoping for CEMemorial to be uploaded as a single vid (or at least chapter by chapter, or at least more lenghty videos) for us mere mortals to get, because frankly, seing it on youtube in snack-sized bites of 10 minutes each is great the first time around, but is hard to look for interesting quotes and character interactions... there was some Melchior quote I really liked, but now I can't find it =(

Even if they don't, and the vids stay like this, I am going to watch back to back once they are finished for sure. ;)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 07:32:10 pm »
Also, who else is gonna watch this whole thing from beginning to end without interruption when it's all said and done? ;)

:D

This guuuuuuy.

This most recent chapter seemed to cater to fans a bit more, and move the plot along a bit less. Neither of these traits was so far off from the regular game that anything was wrong, in fact I like the idea that Porre started making mutants! Hadn't thought of it, and though I wish Lucca was in the team (thanks a lot FW  :P ) Seeing Luccia, her bro, Norris, Grobyc's origins, Elements, and Belthasar's darker side coming out, was altogether really heavy. Congrats on cramming all that into a (relatively) tiny amount of time  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:37:01 pm by Mr Bekkler »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:51 pm »
Oh sweet, I think this is the section of the playthrough in which I completely lost track of Toma and wandered around in different eras for five minutes straight. Oopsie.