Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 15  (Read 7837 times)

Kora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • DevArt
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 15
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 03:07:42 pm »
I really love a lot of what's going on in this chapter. I imagine that KZ would of been behind the attack instead of the other, but I'm happy it turned out this way instead.

I thought I was looking at a different game with some of those cutscenes! Guardia Castle's wall and the town and the fair...all marvellously done! And there's still several chapters to go. I'll be sad when this all ends.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 03:20:16 pm »
well...KZ was definitely still a huge part of the fall....how do you think Kasmir and Dalton even got there.

King Zeal had his own agenda though...

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 08:31:30 pm »
Man, this chapter was phenomenal...  The music, the Dialogue...  Everything was perfect.  I am so looking forward to the end of this game.

Also, what happens if you don't take Frog with you?  How would The masamune be stolen if it wasn't there?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 08:32:44 pm »
If you don't have Glenn, then Masa & Mune teleport in (from Chronopolis, I believe the plot outline said).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:35:21 pm by Vehek »

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
First, this one is on the running for Best.Chapter.Evaaaarrr!!

Second, I too didn't quite get why Cakhula is such a good sport here, in the runied timeline, you can convince him that this is the way, and that his brethren only returned to the Planet's Dream(wich from what I can gather is false, since they would end up in the DBT, I could be wrong here...) but, if I understand things right, Cakhula slayed the human resistance in 1 AD, and after that he ended up in the future, and suddenly is now in good terms with what happened to his timeline, and even decides to help everyone.

I can accept that Belthasar convinced him about the greater good of science and everything, but the other two seemed more like that, Cakhula always struked me as more of an Azala type, but hey, that's just my opinion, and I can very much live either way, because Crimson Echoes story has delivered the goods thus far even more than I expected, and this chapter was just full of juicy win.

Question: I never understood how the Masamune gets cursed, will it be explained in any way in CE?

Anyways, keep them vids comin', this is making my day! I loved the Reptite Timeline and everything that happened, but this Chapter was just... breath taking... one thing though, I feel CE is coming to an end, I am bittersweet about this, I want to see the ending, but I just don't want this crazy train to stop. I hope we can get a topic to discuss the plot and the Dev Team shed some light about some things, and about the hidden endings, because I don't think they are going to make videos for them =(

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 12:38:05 am »
Excellent. Simply Excellent.

75% done, right?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 12:43:40 am »
I can accept that Belthasar convinced him about the greater good of science and everything, but the other two seemed more like that, Cakhula always struked me as more of an Azala type, but hey, that's just my opinion, and I can very much live either way, because Crimson Echoes story has delivered the goods thus far even more than I expected, and this chapter was just full of juicy win.

I don't really mind the idea of Belthasar wooing Cakhula especially since in chapter 12 you can sort of win her over if you make the right decisions. If I could go back though i'd have Crono or Marle have a better reaction.

Question: I never understood how the Masamune gets cursed, will it be explained in any way in CE?

That's really the end of the story for the masamune in CE. It was used in 605 AD by Kasmir and his gang and masa/mune get beaten by Kasmir at the fall of Guardia. Dalton takes it and it eventually makes it through the Porre army until we find it again in Chrono Cross.  There is an optional ending with a little more info....

--JP

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 02:14:04 am »
And though I thought CMG's reptite time line chapter was the best yet, well, this has taken it's place in my opinion.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 06:17:20 am »
I don't really mind the idea of Belthasar wooing Cakhula especially since in chapter 12 you can sort of win her over if you make the right decisions. If I could go back though i'd have Crono or Marle have a better reaction.

Well even in Chapter 12 in the plot draft Cakulha's stopping of the missile was supposed to be a last-minute remorse of sorts, like "Mmh, maybe I shouldn't sacrifice innocents that have nothing to do with this", rather than "Eh let's ally with these time-travelers that killed my timeline! Woo!!". If I were Belthasar I'd never feel safe with that guy hanging around in Chronopolis (also it's a guy, Yaluk is the female).

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 02:14:18 pm »
Indeed full of epic-ness. Though Leene's Square on the OW could have done with a touch-up...the balloons are sort of incongruous after everything that had happened ^_^

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 02:19:09 pm »
Thanks for the responses Agent 12, so... is there somewere in the Compendium were it is discussed how the Masamune got corrupted? I always thought that was because Masa and Mune were "asleep", as it says something along those lines in the side-quest for the Mastermune in CC, but I always felt that it was something more...

And what about the Alternate Endings? will we get some light about them? I seriously don't think FaustWolf recorded them(or even if the Dev Team got them in by the time of the recordings) so could we please get a thread about them with the Dev Team explaining about it? I just feel there is more to CE's story than the videos are showing and I want to learn more.

It is just a request though, if it doesn't happen I am OK with it, but I do feel it should be an analysis about CE's plot, and I am sure I am not the only one curious about the story.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 04:10:40 pm »

Well even in Chapter 12 in the plot draft Cakulha's stopping of the missile was supposed to be a last-minute remorse of sorts, like "Mmh, maybe I shouldn't sacrifice innocents that have nothing to do with this", rather than "Eh let's ally with these time-travelers that killed my timeline! Woo!!". If I were Belthasar I'd never feel safe with that guy hanging around in Chronopolis (also it's a guy, Yaluk is the female).

Yea....Well regardless I still feel like the "Masamune there" timeline is different enough where chapter 12 would have been significantly different. So Belthasar had to do handle the Xamoltan himself. We still showed that he could be.....um talked to and if Agent 12/Belthasar told him about the "Time Fortress/Chronopolis" I dont think he would have turned it down. I guess maybe we could have built some sort of futuristic prison (like your awesome Magus Prison) in Chronopolis and kept him in there.  

--JP

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 04:25:06 pm »
Thanks for the responses Agent 12, so... is there somewere in the Compendium were it is discussed how the Masamune got corrupted? I always thought that was because Masa and Mune were "asleep", as it says something along those lines in the side-quest for the Mastermune in CC, but I always felt that it was something more...

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Masamune_(Corruption_of).html

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 04:31:54 pm »
Thank you very much ZeaLitY!