Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 15  (Read 7838 times)

Mbrady16

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 15
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:38 am »
C'99, I agree.  I don't understand Cakulha at all - he seemed like a mean-spirited villain, pure and simple.  I don't know for sure but it almost seems implied that he broke the Xamoltan's "no intervention in the past" law in 1 A.D. with Cedric because all of a sudden the Reptites had those "weapons."  The first part where he goes soft I understood-- his species was focused on being one with the planet.  But to want to help now, for no apparent reason? Hmm...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 11:03:03 am »
This is where Belthasar reels Cakulha in? I guess I always thought that Belthasar/Agent 12 skillfully exploited Cakulha's love of science when they encountered him, and his sheer curiosity tamed him.

Yeah Ry, this chapter's boss battle would have been really difficult on a New Game runthrough if the last build I played before the walkthrough was any indication.

NickyT

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Burn! Bobonga!
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:32 pm »
Wow, this was the best chapter yet, simply epic.

It tied in so perfectly with CT/CC, and now I am even more upset that we will never be able to actually play this awesome fan game.

Great job on EVERYTHING guys!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »
This is where Belthasar reels Cakulha in? I guess I always thought that Belthasar/Agent 12 skillfully exploited Cakulha's love of science when they encountered him, and his sheer curiosity tamed him.

I'll let Z answer (this was his scene). I tended to agree with FW's explanation here.  I don't really think chapter 12 would have happened like what we saw since the Central Regime is so different (there was no Vanguard anymore with the Masamune back).   I'm not even sure we mention rebels until the Vanguard appear.   

That being said we atleast should have had a better Marle reaction since he threw her in a jail to die.....

--JP

thegreatentropy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 12:35:35 pm »
It's a little bit Spoilery, but I'll ask

Did you have remaked Dalton ai to the the once-king one, or was still the king/plus ai?

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:06 pm »
You know, I still doubt that they tied CT and CC perfectly and complete all their loose ends. Zeality,Agent 12 and Chrono'99 the CE writers still left some plot left for interpretation like the fate of Lavos after the Atash Kedah in 65, 000 ,000 BC. On the bright side, fan/Compendiumite can whether write a fanfic based on CE storyline to cover the plot or discuss to death on the possible upcoming analysis thread.

Quote from: Agent 12
That being said we atleast should have had a better Marle reaction since he threw her in a jail to die.....

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there is no need for that? Marle does not has any memory
about being threw to jail, because she is another version of Marle from another timeline aka Masamuneless timeline. The Marle who died at prison is from Reptite timeline, and sent into DBT thanks to CMG interfering King Zeal, thus altering the Reptite timeline.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:55:36 pm by kid123 »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 12:58:03 pm »
You know, I still doubt that they tied CT and CC perfectly and all their loose ends. Zeality,Agent 12 and Chrono'99 the CE writers still left some plot left for interpretation like the fate of Lavos after the Atash Kedah in 65, 000 ,000 BC. On the bright side, fan/Compendiumite can whether write a fanfic based on CE storyline to cover the plot or discuss to death on the possible upcoming analysis thread.

That's not a loose end since the Carmine Genesis is canceled (literally as soon as it happens from King Zeal's point of view).

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there is no need for that? Marle does not has any memory
about being threw to jail, because she is another version of Marle from another timeline aka Masamuneless timeline. The Marle who died at prison is from Reptite timeline, and sent into DBT thanks to CMG interfering King Zeal, thus altering the Reptite timeline.

Marle has no memory of that, but Cakulha certainly should. He is supposed to be one that threw Marle in jail and went back to 2305 AD.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:01:42 pm »

Marle has no memory of that, but Cakulha certainly should. He is supposed to be one that threw Marle in jail and went back to 2305 AD.

And so does Crono. Plus he told her about it at the beginning of chapter 12.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 01:12:22 pm »
It's a little bit Spoilery, but I'll ask

Did you have remaked Dalton ai to the the once-king one, or was still the king/plus ai?

You know, I think I only had to bump up his stats. I am pretty sure I didn't touch his AI....

--JP

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 01:18:14 pm »
Great chapter--and a surprise appearance by our favorite buffoon?! Fantastic.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 01:30:45 pm »
Thank you for acknowledging Dalton's military past! I was starting to feel like the only one who believed he could do that. Oh one more thing, are we not suppose to know what KZ is planning? Because it's frustrating me to know WTF he wants or could possibly gain from all this.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 01:41:22 pm »
Thank you for acknowledging Dalton's military past! I was starting to feel like the only one who believed he could do that. Oh one more thing, are we not suppose to know what KZ is planning? Because it's frustrating me to know WTF he wants or could possibly gain from all this.

Magus and Schala talked about KZ's mysterious motive in the Ioka reunion. Basically we don't know what his motive is at this point. We don't even know if he is lucid (as he claims at the Atash Kedah scene), acting as an agent of Lavos's last will through the Frozen Flame (as Belthasar thinks), or if the Frozen Flame has its own will.

You'll know it soon enough though, and you can probably already deduce what he wants if you make a list of everything he accomplished so far.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:43:30 pm by Chrono'99 »

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »
I enjoyed the Dalton fight , it looked like it was hard even at those lvls , and Robo's Green Memory tech , sounds very nice , pity we never got to see it work :S

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 02:04:59 pm »
I enjoyed the Dalton fight , it looked like it was hard even at those lvls , and Robo's Green Memory tech , sounds very nice , pity we never got to see it work :S

The Green Memory work as Life3, which cast Auto-Life on the target.
If the effected target died, he/she will come back to life.
I love Robo because of this, he has many extremely useful tech. That can be said on other party too. Thanks to Faustwolf for giving the ideas of the techs !

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Lvl ** !!

mav

• Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 02:19:26 pm »
Aye, FW went insane with new Robo techs, and they all came out beautifully. Frog's new techs are marvelous as well, and I remember being quite impressed with Ayla's too.