Author Topic: Crimson Echoes DVD Idea  (Read 2441 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes DVD Idea
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »
No, actually, Youtube is specifically providing MP4 downloads to its accounts. It's really awesome...though I haven't tried it out myself yet, so there might be some catch I'm not getting.

NickyT

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Burn! Bobonga!
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:43:19 pm »
Yeah I was actually just uploading a Youtube video of a test video game I made, and I saw that some of my videos now have a Download MP4 button on them. Badass!

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 05:14:52 pm »
I'd love to see all the raw footage available as a torrent to download.  I'm sure that Underground-Gamer would host it.  I can provide an invite, or upload them if provided with the files.  Just saying.  Get some of the Compendium's fanart, and make some custom menus and provide either ISO for DVDs or the VIDEO TS folders.

Ethasus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 08:58:11 pm »
I think it would be a great idea and we'd be able to see all the visual effects better than on youtube. another thing that could be done with the mp4 of the footage is to release it as a single .rar file on the compendium and post links on other sites. that way other fans of the game can come here and maybe join.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 04:33:47 pm »
I greatly appreciate the youtube videos in the torrent, but is it possible to get either the raw ZSNES movie files, or the raw avi's that where uploaded to youtube.  I'm having trouble getting the files to work in either Encore or Premiere.  I think it might be to do with the codecs and I'd hate to further transcode them.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »
Killagouge, the ones in the torrent were the raw AVIs directly uploaded to Youtube. I'm curious as to whether the supplemental "Emerald Dream" videos (20 ~ 33) work in those programs whereas the others do not.

As for the non-Emerald Dream videos I wasn't able to get the audio for those videos working in Windows Media Player due to the format ZSNES dumped the audio in, but the video still played IIRC. Are Encore and Premier not playing the video at all?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:37:56 pm by FaustWolf »

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:24:53 am »
When I goto import them, as soon as they go to generate the thumbnail images, both programs crash.  I will try the Emerald Dream videos.

Knowing that they are the original rips, I will transcode them, and see if that fixes the issue.  the Emerald Dream videos work just fine.  Is there something special about them>
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:33:22 am by KillaGouge »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 01:59:54 pm »
Interesting. The Emerald Dream videos shouldn't contain any more video processing than the others, but they do have much more audio processing since I customized the music on those ones. Must be the audio tracks that were causing the issue.

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 03:51:37 pm »
I think it might be the audio as well, if I strip the audio the video works just fine.  gonna try and doctor the audio some.