Author Topic: Crimson Echoes Fanart  (Read 684 times)

Mithlas

• Iokan (+1)
  • Drowning in information and starving for knowledge
    • View Profile
    • Original fiction on FictionPress
Crimson Echoes Fanart
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:39:38 am »
I'm not sure if this question better fits here or the Fanart forum, but here goes...

After discovering the amazing videos of Crimson Echoes Playthrough, besides missing little things (like what happens if the player chose to help Porre instead of the Mystics), my first thought was 'there's a lot of good fan art added to this - namely the new portraits that look absolutely awesome...I personally think they're even better than the originals. They'd probably make good avatars. The portraits had to come from somewhere, and before I went through the tedious process of ripping screenshots and cutting them, I wanted to ask if there was still some website where the portraits still exist (which would probably look better than anything I could forge myself). I've looked with a few basic search engines (dogpile, searchalot), but found nothing but news of the C&D letter (why do I always have to discover these things after they're stopped?)

Does anybody know where they are, if they do exist? Or are they gone for good to exist only in those gameplay videos?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes Fanart
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 02:44:25 am »
The portrait credit goes to Darkken, who possesses sheer artistic genius. Any capture of Video 90 of the Month That Could Have Been in its native resolution (256x224) will net you all the portraits in high quality. It's up to Darkken and the core CE team if they want to make the originals available publicly.

I guess you could take a screenshot of Video 90 when Darkken's credit comes up and resize it to 256x224, and get the images that way. But some quality might be lost in that process.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:17:16 am by FaustWolf »

Mithlas

• Iokan (+1)
  • Drowning in information and starving for knowledge
    • View Profile
    • Original fiction on FictionPress
Re: Crimson Echoes Fanart
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 03:06:11 am »
I had a suspicion that I'd have to do that - while I can thanks to the versatility of VLC, I know that I'm going to be losing image quality that way and hoped to find something a little closer to the original to avoid that. Haven't quite gotten there yet (finishing Part 38 now), but I'll watch when 90 comes around.

Thanks for the pointers.

Collab account with Ganheim: Writer on Fiction Press, Deviant Art.