Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 13  (Read 7574 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: CE Plot question
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
Lavos had already fell, since the scene is happening 5 years after it, however, it did killed Lavos, I think.

And, Lavos was not exactly the one who gave the humans magic, it was the Frozen Flame. Since the FF was actually separated from Lavos ever since it was falling to the planet, it would be safe from the Atash Kedah, and as such, still being able to be found by the humans.

Notice how the Reptite time line that follows this event was caused by the Dragon Tooth reaction with the Flame in 3M BC. This definitely shows that the Flame was fine and safe.

However, that was a small miscalculation. With the reptites back again, the humans weren't able to gain magic, as the reptites were in the way now.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 09:49:56 am »
Lavos's fate is left open to interpretation. The characters never get into a situation in which they could meet Lavos in the Reptite timeline, so we just "don't know" if he was alive in it. The apocalypse didn't happen in Reptite 1999, but the Frozen Flame did get some action in that timeline with the Carmine Genesis of 3 million BC. But as Magus says in the Ioka reunion, we don't know (at this point anyway) if the Frozen Flame has the will of Lavos, its own will, or something else.

Also, it is interesting to note that the Frozen Flame "corrupted" the Reptites, that these "corrupted" Reptites built the Vision Serpent, and that the Vision Serpent is a predecessor to the Dragon God in this timeline. The Vision Serpent claimed to act according to the will of the planet. But was he? This one's left to interpretation too.

EDIT: Also V, feel free to move this thread if needed. I'm not sure where it should go... Maybe in the Chapter 13 thread or something.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:56:49 am by Chrono'99 »

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 10:08:48 am »
Are these can be count as plot hole? If so better removed to plothole discussion.

At last, a fanfic opportunities especially for Crimson Echoes ! Still wondering though, did Zeality said that himself? I think it is rather a chance of sequel than left open for interpretation. Well, not for now but very interesting indeed.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:00 pm »
I don't think it's really a plothole.  His fate doesn't interpret the plot and everything gets reset. The main output of the Atash kedah was the Dragon Tooth getting sent to 3M BC and the flame using it to recreate reptites which basically is the catalyst leading to the Human-Reptite War which we see the outcome of in Marle's reptite chapter.

Personally I think that the Atash Kedah only injured lavos, some people think that it killed lavos it's up to the player.

That being said if people want to write fanfics on that timeline I won't send you a C & D ;)   ....maybe it delayed the apocalypse and lavos will rise in Reptite Timeline 2999.

--JP

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 01:15:56 pm »
....maybe it delayed the apocalypse and lavos will rise in Reptite Timeline 2999.

Or the Vision Serpent is a trojan for the will of Lavos, via the Frozen Flame, which would explain why the Dragon God ultimately returned to Lavos/TD upon its defeat in CC. Controling nature directly would be really useful for a creature that harvests DNAs.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 01:42:44 pm »
!! Dude 99 we should totally make a rom hack for that game ;)

--JP

Disclaimer for any SE employees:  that was sarcasm

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 01:47:03 pm »
Are you sure have finalized the script and plot of Crimson Echoes?

You guys seem want to expand the Chronoverse more than Crimson Echoes should gave out so far. I will not call those a loose end but rather a 'lose storyline', a quasi-Ultimania FAQ will be nice, if you guy intend to release some storyline that did not make it into CE. Just like how the
rumored 'Lost Storyline' did not make it into CC but subtly hinted on the game itself and in the Ultimania FAQ.

But still , a very interesting point indeed. Anyone who love CE and writing fanfic should take this opportunities now !!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:53:52 pm by kid123 »