Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 13  (Read 7701 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 13
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 09:17:35 pm »
Behind a desk in the library. Press X and you get the option to open a trapdoor.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
Wow, really? Thats ridonculous! I wish I had known that before I hung my Perfect Game hat. I had every character, been everywhere, did everything, and Beat the Chronosphynx. *sigh* Ouch, my pride......

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 09:22:48 pm »
Ah, the old "hide the time ship in a trap door" trick.  I guess Doc Brown did similar thing in 1885.  I read somewhere (I think the Compendium?) that there's a Nu guarding this?  Not seeing on though.  Yeah, part of me wants to play through Chrono Cross again, and part of me doesn't (part of me can't becuase the PS3 locks it up, and don't want to hook up my PS2). It's just kinda a pain going through the 6 dragon gods, but Lynx is a BAMF though.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 09:24:54 pm »
Indeed, Belthasar's Nu, who can change the leading character's name if you desire.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:02 pm »
Wow I thought everyone knew about the Neo-Epoch thing. I think Belthasar even mentions something along the lines of "Btw my Neo-Epoch is in the basement don't fuck with it thanks".

thegreatentropy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:31 pm »
Indeed, Belthasar's Nu, who can change the leading character's name if you desire.

And, for some strange reason, looks like a Beach Bum.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:32:24 pm by thegreatentropy »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 10:45:16 pm »
Lazy modelers is my bet...idk how you could miss it though, the Neo Epoch's on the back cover of the CC CD's case...

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 10:59:42 pm »
I think there is still another Dream Team that is forgotten >>_<<
People love to praise the dialogue, music , programming and graphical skill of a team,
but forget about map design..... poor Tetsuya Nomura
Yeah, I will say good job nightmare975, you get the job well done even with that annoying z-plane and solidity. Of course I dunno what the hell are that things.
The map design so far is range from average to excellent job, especially early part of the games.
What I really like is the map designed perfectly match and fit the any battle screen so far,without getting bug or player stuck on a place.

About the Neo-Epoch thing, I already know about that, no thanks to CC CD's case, but walkthrough and spoiler :p As far my memory served, Belthasar use the Neo-Epoch to return from future(maybe 2305AD, assuming CE is canon) to 1020 AD to watch over the Project Kid.
If anything else fail, he will altered the timeline again until Project Kid is a success.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 03:06:38 am »
Better reserved the analysis or plot hole discussion on another thread. Analysis and plot hole discussion on news and update board seem out of place, don't you think? Any comment about the video or question in regard of CT and CC like that Neo-Epoch question asked by ZealKnight is welcomed.

Lastly, stop notifying about next chapter, we all know.
I afraid V will be mad toward you  :roll:

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 03:13:13 am »
pffff, It's just V....  >_>....  *hides*

Anyway, on topic, I loved the Magus/Schala scene.  It was really well done.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:20 am »
*EDIT*
So... King is that out side the normal flow of time thing? He teams up with Dalton Kasmir and the last Reptite. This part is really too much of NOW we tie all lose ends. Oh well still awesome though. I'm putting my money on a sad ending.

King Zeal isn't outside out of time. However, he can time travel at will using the Frozen Flame.

Before you did a polish of CMG's Reptite chapter I had the Xamoltan go in the gate after the CMG and Sorin went through.  I added this to explain how she ended in 65 M B.C.  (cause she was currently in 1005 AD).  Is there a reason you took that out?  I just assumed that I had some sort of Time/Dimension theory wrong when I saw it was gone.

Sorin's travel makes no difference by himself as said in the Plothole topic; however, the moment CMG step into that Gate, the Reptite timeline ceases to exist since they prevent it in 64,999,995 BC. Yaluk and Coyopa don't have the time to follow them through the Gate because they're both 65,001,000 years "too late".

Wow, really? Thats ridonculous! I wish I had known that before I hung my Perfect Game hat. I had every character, been everywhere, did everything, and Beat the Chronosphynx. *sigh* Ouch, my pride......

Belthasar mentions the Neo-Epoch at Terra Tower, and when you walk behind the desk in his Viper Manor's room there's a different "step noise" than elsewhere.

Also, it's not a Nu; it's a Beach Bum. The renaming Nu was in Laruba and the Neo-Epoch has only one seat in CC. It has two additional seats in CE, but I guess you can imagine that Belthasar removed them after CE/ before CC when he would be the only one to use it.

EDIT: So concerning why Yaluk is in Prehistory, she and Coyopa both emerged in 1005 AD when the human timeline was restored. King Zeal told them that Crono's party were the enemy and he sent Yaluk to Prehistory. As seen in the video, Yaluk didn't listen to him and just decided to live in Singing Mt instead of hunting down the party.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 09:35:07 am »
Also, it's not a Nu; it's a Beach Bum. The renaming Nu was in Laruba and the Neo-Epoch has only one seat in CC. It has two additional seats in CE, but I guess you can imagine that Belthasar removed them after CE/ before CC when he would be the only one to use it.

It is a Nu.

Quote from: CC Script
[Nu]
   W-W-Welcome.

T-T-Take it.
   U-U-Use it.

[Member] received the
   '"Porre's Furnace"' frame!

B-B-By the way...

...C-C-Change
   your name?

~~~Yes
   ~~~No

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:36:41 am by Acacia Sgt »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:45 pm »
That's what either Terminus Trad or Zeality thought when they formated the script, but it's not a Nu.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 04:29:38 pm »
If Nu reproduce asexually, it's possible that they all came from that Nu from Laruba...Though I've sort of always thought that all of the Nu come from Zeal (thrown across time by Belthasar's temporal experiments where applicable)...We know that CC originally intended to have Nu in it because of the extra profile image things and if anything was intended to be a Nu it would have been the Beach Bum model near the Neo Epoch...

Numingway!

Dinos

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CE Plot question
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 06:03:16 am »
Obviously don't read this if you don't want the videos spoiled for you, up to part 040. 

Ok so the part in 019 when King Zeal was summoning the Atash Kedah, did that actually kill lavos or did he get buried into the ground safely.  If the spell killed Lavos, then did Zeal ever exist?  Since Zeal existed because of magic, and magic was a trait given to humans by Lavos, that would mean none of that ever happened, right?