Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 12  (Read 7413 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 12
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »
I completely forgot that Zeal stole the Masamune. If I was Guardia, I'd think I was crazy. I may have said something to Leena but overall I'd be like. "Yeah, I totally knew the war wasn't over. I was... Jokeing, yeah that's it. HAHAHAHA FOOLED YOU!" Also I'm pretty sure you could have been like with out the Dragon Tooth we'll need to do something else, but we won't bother you with that. Time is too fragile, and if two entire worlds can die and be born so fast I don't want to mess with it anymore than we must. Also, don't Belthazar and Melchior have TTI? and I need an explanation of why only Crono, Mag, and Frog are the only ones with memory of the reptite timeline. And C99 you said that the reason for mechanical tech in Dinopolis would be explain, is it still coming? Doan is irreverent now too, so don't worry. Uhm, I just realised this didn't Chronopolis say that Zeal didn't exist or it may not have existed, yet  Belthazar used people from Zeal in this place? I have a hunch but last time C99 told me to be quite so I'll do just that. I understand why you didn't like this chapter too, if you had let him say something of your answers then it would have been better, it just feels a little... you know.. too easy.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 04:16:01 pm »
I tend to agree with whoever Vehek mentioned above saying that if we gave 600 AD King Guardia TTI it would have taken away from the affect we were going for with Glenn coming back and being completely alone...personally I feel like that part of the ending was just sort of to let the player say goodbye to everyone. It's still canon but I dont feel that bad if there's plot holes in CE because of it. Any game with time travel is going to have plot holes I'd rather it be from a minor event at the very end of the previous game than something major :)

Mik- The two Xamoltan from CMG's chapter are a bit more friendly than the one we saw here.....or atleast that's how I see them. The idea of having the "bizarro time travellers" was around for awhile but C99 sort of spear headed their personalities.  In CMG's chapter we had the two nice ones that were going to befriend the party. Then our heroes decided to you know.....go destroy the entire timeline were the reptites were from.

But he (She?) too just turned on them and said, "Ok screw you, I'm just gonna kill you now."

I'm not sure where that's coming from though? CMG's emerald dream the Xamoltan were pretty passive until CMG got to the top of the tower.   If you check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGKIH82Aag at about 1 minute 5 seconds here you can see that they were certainly not the bad guys. Crono was more of a bad guy....but that's expected since he just saw his wife's remains in a cell...

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 06:30:42 pm »
Well they trusted CMG, and felt able to talk casually with them.  I understand Crono was ticked, but Coyopa didn't seemed phazed by this at all.  It was pretty much just a "Why are you attacking us?" "Die" and then Coyopa just kind of accepted it. I was expecting him to feel betrayed, and to portray that.  When really he just kind of went "Oh, guess you aren't who we thought you were...  Guards, kill them." 

I dunno, it just didn't seem right for me.  I would have tried to make as emotional a scene as I could.  But you guys are the developers, and it's your game.  So for what it was, it was still acceptable.  I was just expecting more.

Also, would Coyopa and Yaluk remember CMG if they saw them again?  Or are they going to go back to their states when they FIRST appeared in 600 AD (IE before they met CMG and were attacked)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 06:45:41 pm »
Also, would Coyopa and Yaluk remember CMG if they saw them again?  Or are they going to go back to their states when they FIRST appeared in 600 AD (IE before they met CMG and were attacked)

The latter. Unlike Cakulha who managed to time travel again, they didn't seem to be able to.

And you got the time wrong. It's actually 1,000 AD or so. They mentioned being one thousand years after the humans becoming extinct.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:21 pm »

The latter. Unlike Cakulha who managed to time travel again, they didn't seem to be able to.

And you got the time wrong. It's actually 1,000 AD or so. They mentioned being one thousand years after the humans becoming extinct.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »
ZealKnight, I'm not sure you understand TTI correctly. TTI is the idea that once you've time traveled somewhere, you'll always emerge from the Gate you used, regardless of the changes at the destination.

CGM, Sorin and the Xamoltan are the only ones that remember the Reptite timeline because they're the only ones that time traveled TO and OUT of it after seeing it. CGM were in Prehistory, they were sent to 1005 AD, they returned to Prehistory, and finally they prevented the resurrection of the Reptites. They'll always remember what they saw because they went there and went back.

On the other hand, Marle (for instance) was in Prehistory, she was sent to 1 AD, and that's it. She died there. She didn't time travel OUT of it. When CGM prevented the Reptite timeline, the Marle that was in Prehistory still emerged of a Gate in 1 AD, but since the timeline was different she experienced different events. What's important is that she's the Marle that was in Prehistory. She's not the Marle that was in a prison in the Reptite timeline. It's not like the prison suddently disappeared around her and the frail Cedric suddenly had a shiny gold armor materialize on his rags.

And C99 you said that the reason for mechanical tech in Dinopolis would be explain, is it still coming?

It was all explained. In Prehistory, the Dragon Tooth, which was made of bones of fallen Reptites, was sent by King Zeal's Frozen Flame to 3 million BC, where the Frozen Flame of that era used it to resurrect the Reptites.* So in a way these new Reptites were created by the Frozen Flame, just like the modern humans were "created" by it (though in their case it's more like "evolved"). These Reptites always thought humans were a corrupted species disconnected with nature, but by 2305 AD they discovered that they suffered the very same corruption, which is why they tried to build the Vision Serpent that would reconnect them with nature.

Uhm, I just realised this didn't Chronopolis say that Zeal didn't exist or it may not have existed, yet  Belthazar used people from Zeal in this place?

Mmh, I'm not sure what you're referring to?

---
(*I was inspired by this by the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_teeth_(mythology). Zeality came up with the name Carmine Genesis, a pretty awesome name as always.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:23:43 pm by Chrono'99 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 07:44:17 pm »
My guess is ZealKnight's referring to Chronopolis in Chrono Cross.
However, the very existence of the ancient civilization  of Zeal has never been proven,  so up till this day this theory cannot be confirmed.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:45:58 pm by Vehek »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:21 pm »
No, he refers to CE's Chronopolis, as there are some Chronopolitans using Zealian NPC sprites.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 07:46:46 pm »
Hey, once we get to the climax, will we see all of the endings?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 07:47:19 pm »
My point is, he's thinking of how CC's Chronopolis says no proof of Zeal exists. The Chronopolis in CE's time knows that Zeal existed.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »
If he refers to CC's Chronopolis, why did he mentioned about Belthasar bringing Zealian people to work there?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »
In CE, Belthasar saved a few scientists from the fall of Zeal to serve in Chronopolis. He also recruited a few trustful scientists from the mainland but the Central Regime is unaware of it.

Anyway, if that's what you were referring to ZealKnight, just note how CE's Chronopolis has a different architecture than CC's Chronopolis...That is all I will say ;)

Kora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • DevArt
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 08:53:17 pm »
Being host to where an active gate is, wouldn't Dinopolis be affected by TTI? And since the two Xamoltans were in Dinopolis...Gragh, my head hurts.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »
That is what I meant and thanks for cutting me off.

Thanks for the TTI explanation too. Balthazar and Melchior though? Don't they still go to the future? Why wouldn't the Dinos use them? Is it just irrelevant?

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 12:07:25 am »
That is what I meant and thanks for cutting me off.

Thanks for the TTI explanation too. Balthazar and Melchior though? Don't they still go to the future? Why wouldn't the Dinos use them? Is it just irrelevant?
Very good thought, I was thinking just that.  Where did Melchior go during all this?  Why did he just disappear?  And Belthazar, who also has TTI in a sense (Granted when he get's TTI'd he get's sent back in time 5 years).  Anywho, 3 more hours until the next chapter comes out V ;)