Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 12  (Read 7410 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 12
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:58:43 am »
In my opinion this is the weakest chapter of the game, you guys can let me know.  There is a plus though, if you didn't think the NPC Agent 12 was awesome before....

Video 34
Video 35
Video 36

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 12
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:59:18 am »
I'll start things off with asking Chrono'99 to expand on one of his comments near the beginning (about the dragon tooth).

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:00:23 am »
OMG OUT ALREADY!!! AWAY!

*Edit*
C99, I is really really curious *Goes back to video, eager for C's response x3*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:07:57 am by Mikisho »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:21:07 am »
I complained a bit when that part about the Dragon Tooth was introduced, mostly over how Chronopolis 's ability to detect temporal stuff. (Back when Chrono'99 first revised the plot, he said that Belthasar would have to rely on historical records.) I think C99 didn't like the Dragon tooth retrieval because it would require another time egg usage.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:23:39 am by Vehek »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:26:28 am »
Hehe, my heart jumped a little when I saw the seemingly random menu exploration in the second video; I thought I'd accidently uploaded footage from a corrupt .ZMV file, but looks like I just left the camera rolling while rummaging through the accessories and thinking. You'll actually see a few seconds' worth of what a corrupt .ZMV looks like later on. It isn't pretty -- characters wander around aimlessly and stuff. When you dump video in ZSNES, the emulator actually runs through the game live, just re-inputting the player's button presses from what I can tell. One tiny change in game memory and boom! Your beautiful bean footage just got fried.

From a player's perspective I thought the chapter turned out really well, the nicest touch being that "accidental" effect on Cakulha. Made a great holographic image, which is what I always figured it was. The mechanical hexapods would have been uber in the final 2%.

I'm not sure what was up with tech learning. It only happened to me on New Game+, not during the first run-through. It's as if the techs from the old run-through were retained but tech learning itself became reset. Might be because I loaded an in-progress game for the New Game +, but that's just a guess.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:29:13 am by FaustWolf »

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:35:08 am »
that vid was pretty awesome with the modded epoch agent 12 was using was like KABLAMO XD that made my day

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:35:55 am »
xD.  ALL THAT FOR A SILVER STUD?!?!  IT'S A NEW GAME +!!!  xD That's my favorite line, followed by  "NO FW NOT THAT WAY" *Jumps into portal to end game*.  You know, I was actually expecting alot more out of the Xamoltan.  The final scene with Chrono and Gang, as well as this meeting... The music was a great touch, but...  The scene just didn't seem to match the epicness of the music, you know what I mean?  Oh well, it was still entertaining.

Also, wasn't Krawlie a boss in the regular CT?  A weak one, but a boss none the less.  Anywho, I'm counting the seconds in the next 24 hours xD

Darkken

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:41:09 am »
I didn't finish the Mecca Krawlies in time for them to be inserted, but they would have looked like this:

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 03:41:53 am »
Darkken those..... those are epic....

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:02:51 am »
Yea Darkken is .....is just amazing.

Vehek - Yea I'm guessing it's the time eggs too.  We got Lucca's prototype, returning to Zeal, and now the Dragon Tooth (so far). I never really minded the "sensing time distortions". I feel like if Chronopolis can make the Time Catcher then it must have some sort of technology for that sort of thing.

Mikisho the Xamoltan are not done at all.  That was only one of them :) Remember they all have TTI.  Were you talking about the meeting with Crono/Marle? I guess we could have made it a little more sappy. Especially since....you know crono thought he lost her.

--JP

neologix

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Gate Sealer
    • View Profile
    • ATOM - Apollolux Tabular Object Management system
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 04:07:57 am »
yea, i kinda agree w/jp abt this chapter being kinda weak, esp. the final spot w/cakulha. that "holographic" effect was awesome, tho. not much really more to say, except "on w/the next batch!"

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 04:35:23 am »
So were the rest of the Xamoltan really "lost to time", like Cakulha said? Or can we expect them to up again accompanied with much chaos? =D

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 05:14:27 am »
I like Darkkens portraits they are nice <3
Can't wait to watch the other videos m its like being in a cinema , i have to get some popcorn ready xD

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 06:08:06 am »
Haha...I'll be away until Saturday, so when I get back watching all the videos I've missed would indeed be like a movie... :D

HolyPaladin1237

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 07:17:30 am »
I was lurking around ever since the C&D was announced, and although some more bad things happened to the Compendium since then, these videos are rays of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Anyway, while CE is looking awesome and professional so far, I did have the unfortunate habit of noticing several plotholes concerning several characters up until this chapter. Now, considering if the CE Team is using the first ending as canon, then several minor characters acquired TTI but weren't accounted for probably due to them being minor characters.

The following characters gained TTI but weren't accounted for: King Guardia XXI (600s King Guardia), Doan, and optionally, Chrono's mom, Gina. I guess these guys and gal slipped the CE Team's mind when you were writing the story, but if you'd remembered these characters gained TTI, what would you'd have done with them. Also, will we be seeing Norstein Bekkler, Doan, and the rest of the world of the year 2305 in the future? Also, what were the other reasons C99 didn't like the explanation for the Dragon Tooth?

Concerning techs, I'm glad a lot were changed and even think a lot more of Chrono, Lucca, and Marle's should have changed as well. Although the five years gives credence to why most of the characters both start at level 1 and with just a few techs, the years definitely helped a few characters improve (Glenn, Robo, Ayla, and Magus) over others (Chrono, Marle, and Lucca). Due to that, it would have definitely be nice to see even more progress for Chrono, Marle, and Lucca even though they lived in relative peace. But...due to the C&D, that's neither here nor there, so no need to get too worried about. If you could have patched the game after release, though, would new tech be added for Chrono, Marle, and Lucca and were single, double, and triple techs reformulated for CE?

Thanks in advanced and keep up the excellent work!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:28:35 am by HolyPaladin1237 »