Author Topic: More Schala Fan Art  (Read 5193 times)

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: More Schala Fan Art
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »
Lol, I wouldn't say kidnapped... Everything I've said was for Mouse's benefit, in my opinion at least.

If others are helped in turn, well that's just a side effect, ne?

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 10:43:48 pm »
That's true. By all means carry on. It's a fascinating discussion you've got there.

I don't have much Photoshop experience, actually--I learned the basics in 2004 (i.e. layers, lasso, etc) and since then messed around with PS now and then, but not too much. This picture is about the third full-colour one I've done so far ^_^

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 11:24:08 pm »
Okay, make a black and white gradient perpendicular to the direction you want the lightning or crack to be...

Now, go to Filter > Render > Difference clouds on the same layer.

Select a pure black color, and Select > Color Range, use a low number... between 0 and 5 or so... 0 may be too hard on the edges but it can work.

With that selected, make a copy, or create a new layer, and fill the selection with a color... lightning would best be white or a bright color...

Edit the layer styles(double click the selected layer, but not in the area of the layer name) and add Outer Glow, as you see fit.

For a crack in a wall or such, use any color, turn the Fill to 0 (it's below Opacity... Keep opacity at 100%) add a Bevel and Emboss layer style effect, and change the settings until you get something you like.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:35 pm »
Er. Long time no see?

Anyway, I was beginning to get nostalgic for Chrono Trigger again, and sketched this: http://axilet.deviantart.com/art/Schala-and-Kid-152992100

It's ok to bring personal threads out of retirement like this, right?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 04:40:01 am »
Er. Long time no see?

Anyway, I was beginning to get nostalgic for Chrono Trigger again, and sketched this: http://axilet.deviantart.com/art/Schala-and-Kid-152992100

It's ok to bring personal threads out of retirement like this, right?

Yeah, absolutely. Thread necromancy's never been an "offense" on the Compendium, since we always wanted to keep the analysis threads as few in number as possible to concentrate discussion.