Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 19895 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2009, 05:36:28 pm »
That includes all remakes. Japan got CT four times now.

What's the 4th one...? SFC, PSX, NDS &...?

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2009, 05:50:05 pm »
Has to be a typo. 4?

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2009, 06:09:54 pm »
It has to be the original demo. If not, there is no fourth.

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2009, 06:25:27 pm »
I wouldn't count the Pre-Release as a game. It's not finished. There are so many bugs and changes compared to the final.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2009, 06:27:11 pm »
cc?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2009, 09:00:54 pm »
:lol: so much talk over a miss communication I was looking at FFIV stuff and type four instead of three :lol:

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:45 pm »
You had us going for a while. I knew it was a typo.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:20 am »
I want to be remembered for my research, my accomplishments in school and my job. This isn't my life and in the grand scheme of things this really is just a ROM hack nothing more.
no offense, but theres a good possibility that youll be remembered more for CE (if you release it) then your school or work.

personally, im looking forward to a leak.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2009, 08:28:54 am »
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You're looking forward to the possibility of ruining their lives? Nice to know you're a douchebag ahead of time (that's probably how I'm going to remember you...no, I can't lie, I won't remember you at all...)! No offense.

Personally, I'm looking forward to people shutting the fuck up about what they want leak-wise.

Everybody needs a dream, I guess...:lol:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »
Personally I'm looking forward to taking a leak. Unrelated.

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2009, 05:04:36 pm »
Personally I'm looking forward to taking a leak. Unrelated.

Well agreed.

I want to be remembered for my research, my accomplishments in school and my job. This isn't my life and in the grand scheme of things this really is just a ROM hack nothing more.
no offense, but theres a good possibility that youll be remembered more for CE (if you release it) then your school or work.

personally, im looking forward to a leak.

I'm not at all. I really don't want to see his life get ruined. A lawsuit from a company like that, along with the $150,000 is a huge hit to someone's career and life in general. Just watch the memorial videos and get over it.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You're looking forward to the possibility of ruining their lives? Nice to know you're a douchebag ahead of time (that's probably how I'm going to remember you...no, I can't lie, I won't remember you at all...)! No offense.

Personally, I'm looking forward to people shutting the fuck up about what they want leak-wise.

Everybody needs a dream, I guess...:lol:

Quote from: Brink-Of-Time
I'm not at all. I really don't want to see his life get ruined. A lawsuit from a company like that, along with the $150,000 is a huge hit to someone's career and life in general. Just watch the memorial videos and get over it.

wait a minute.. nowhere did i wish for the creators to get ruined by litigation. its my personal theory that the C&D was intimidation, and that the company may not go after a leak, especially months later. but thats my personal thought, and im certainly in no position to dictate how the creators should deal with the situation as it applies to them in reality.. and so i respect their decision, even though i disagree.

the memorial vids were cool though. maybe someone can take the alpha version that DID leak (not the beta) and pick it up from there? who knows.

the issue is mostly done with by this point, didnt want to up this off the second page but i was late in seeing the replies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:56:45 pm by V_Translanka »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »
Still, whether or not you believe what SE's legal department will or will not do (why WOULDN'T they?), it's the risk at all that's not worth it.

maybe someone can take the alpha version that DID leak (not the beta) and pick it up from there? who knows.

Meh, it won't be CE, so why bother? Just make an original fan project rather than dump all over someone else's hard work.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:57:26 pm by V_Translanka »

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2009, 08:10:58 pm »
Quote from: Brink-Of-Time

the memorial vids were cool though. maybe someone can take the alpha version that DID leak (not the beta) and pick it up from there? who knows.

There are at least two groups doing this right now. One of the groups, I know very little about. It's not popular(and I don't even know if they're continuing restoration). The other one I am following somewhat closely and it seems like if it is ever completed, it will be quite magnificent. I don't care about everyone bashing people for trying to restore the alpha leak. I find that really mean considering there are fans out there willing to try to restore CE to what it should have been, considering the creators' desires not to release the 98% finished version. So I give them my support and others should too. I find it really annoying that supposedly they've been harassed and possibly threatened about continuing the projects.

So all you can do now is wait until either they give up, or finish what they sought out to do. I'm hoping for the latter, because no matter how difficult it is to restore CE , it will be worth it. And if anyone is thinking of asking me any names, don't because I'm not giving them and those who know about it, don't give the names either because it's against the project leader's wishes for details to be divulged.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 08:49:20 pm »
I'll give names, then. It's kando and his friends.