Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 19563 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 09:02:23 pm »
Ah, I'm not sure. I'll let JP comment on that one.

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 09:30:50 pm »
Chrono Cross is not on the PSN, but FF7 is.  Chrono Cross is not on the Wii Virtual Console, but they made us pay $40 for the DS cart, which apparently .88 mil did (88 miles per hour! woot!).  I can't even play Chrono Cross on my PS3 because the emulation is "messed up" once i get to Fargo's boat.  Man, fuck these people.

Gorf

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:29 pm »
Wow can i just say these movies are incrdedible! excellent work CE team they really connect the CT and CC and while i wish we could have the game i'm content at the moment to hear the story through the videos :)

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 10:05:47 pm »
This whole fiasco has inspired me to do an iCarly fanfic. Freddy hacks into one of his old favorite SNES RPGs, but just before he releases the finished result on the internet, the company sends him a C+D order. He's all ready to comply when Sam leaks the rom hack onto the internet, and Carly, Sam, and Freddy get dragged into court (with a typical wacky iCarly style result).

I know nobody here cares about iCarly, but I figured it'd be a fun thing to write.

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »
the game is locking up for me after the battle with [FW puts the "stealth" in stealthrabbi] (had to run from the battle due to being impossible). Lock up after the cut scene. Tried old, new versions of ZSNES and also SNES 9.x  any help?

Post invaded by FW. Sorry bout that, but that would be quite the spoiler.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:21:53 pm by FaustWolf »

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 10:17:44 pm »
They're not going to give out gameplay tips on the alpha.

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 10:39:08 pm »
They're not going to give out gameplay tips on the alpha.

Sorry, I thought we were free to spoil, but then I forgot about the videos, my bad.  Nevertheless, I'm not asking for a "tip" so much as a way to avoid the game from locking up, bra. :picardno

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 10:49:56 pm »
Yeah, if you want to avoid showstopper bugs your only option is to obtain one of the newer patches...but that ain't gonna happen (especially since they no longer exist)! So your only REAL option is to just bask in the glory of CEMemorial and throw away that clunky, junker Alpha you're playing.

As for the Chrono Trigger selling poorly thing, I'll just do what I love best and quote myself (the reply I put up for that article thingy)...

Quote from: V_Transawesome
Yeah, how come the 2nd port of a 16-bit game on the DS didn't sell better? There was even an early ROM leak! They tacked on a hurried monster fighting mini-game with nigh no relevence! And a couple ugly new dungeons! How could it NOT sell tremendously? Oh what's that? They keep screwing over the Chrono community with half-hearted ports of ONLY the original game? Nice. 3D remake is where they should have gone. NEW GAME is where they should have gone...Hell, an enhanced port of Chrono Cross would be nice even. Seems odd for the most respected RPG outside of Japan has been getting the cold shoulder from everyone but the fans all these years...PEOPLE ASK BECAUSE WE CARE MOTHER ****ER~!!

The fact is that it was the 2nd port of this game. Really, the best part was the slightly more faithful translation (still not as up to snuff as either fan translation though if you ask me)...and I guess the nods at the events of the Fall of Guardia and Chrono Cross (though even those were kind of half-hearted and felt extremely rushed)...I think it's been said that pretty much every new monster that was added was just a pallet swap with a pre-existing monster (besides the DD sorta)...You don't even want to get me started on that horrible patch-job they did when they FIRST ported the game...It's no wonder people would be skeptical to buy yet another port when the first time around we got something so full of flaws...CTDS was good, but they still didn't give the fans what we were really craving. To end the series based on that is ridiculous.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 10:50:56 pm »
The problem isn't so much that you were spoiling, it's that the alpha sucks, to speak crudely. We never wanted it to leak, because of legal reasons (obviously), but also because it's riddled with bugs and typos and unpolished maps/events/sprites/battle system. Playing this alpha gives a false view of what the game was meant to be. It doesn't even have the right ending (we changed it a few times during development).

While [the alpha] version has a lot of the dialogue and events skeletoned out and rough versions of all the maps, it predates the over 2,000 bug fixes and improvements made during the beta testing cycle. It's also missing a number of more significant features, such as several of the new endings, the dialogue for a lot of the sidequests, and some of the mini-games. There are also a number of known showstopper bugs that freeze the game or make it unplayable past certain points in the early alpha that were carefully caught and fixed in the beta-testing cycle. As you can imagine, we're quite embarrassed that such an early version of the game has been leaked, since it lacks all of the polish and refinement from the months of hard work and hundreds of playthroughs done by the beta testers and developers.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 10:56:49 pm »
Gah....  I go to gamefaqs for a slight change of pace from this board.  I decide to check out the Chrono trigger board....  Man are they un-informed -.-  I wanted to shoot them...  Just shoot them down, and do away with them.  But instead I elt out  heavy sigh, and shared my vast knowledge with them about what we here at the compendium have learned...  I still may shoot them though >_>

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 10:59:44 pm »
Gah....  I go to gamefaqs for a slight change of pace from this board.  I decide to check out the Chrono trigger board....  Man are they un-informed -.-  I wanted to shoot them...  Just shoot them down, and do away with them.

Welcome to my world.

But instead I elt out  heavy sigh, and shared my vast knowledge with them about what we here at the compendium have learned...

That's just crazy talk! They'll never listen. :lol:

Ris

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 11:05:00 pm »
It seems like SE is becoming a sprawling bureaucracy. Has anyone seen how huge the end-credits are for FFIV After Years? Maybe they need huge sales in order to make up what it costs them to make even fairly basic games these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost almost as much to make CT:DS as it did to make the original CT, just because of how much inefficiency there seems to be at SE nowadays.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 11:08:44 pm »
I just said I shared my knowledge, I never said they took it xD. when I saw your name though V I thought you were gonna tell me how I was off topic xD.  But yeah, I used to love gamefaqs...  After coming here though, it just seems.....  Inferior....

Anywho, on topic... uhhh....  SE sucks... And... uhhh....  Oh what the devil are posters saying now a days...  Uhhhh... OH!!  Release the Beta...  Yeah...  *cough*...  mmmkay I think we're back on track now.  CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION!!!

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 11:19:04 pm »
Oh by the way, Sorin (the Porre cyborg) had his own design as said in the video annotations. He was supposed to look like this:

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 11:21:09 pm »
so, is Sorin supposed to be a proto type for Grobyc? Seriously, I was stoked to think that Grobyc was going to be in this game >_> I mean, he had to have at the VERY leasat be BASED off of Grobyc.