Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 19824 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 06:48:13 pm »
I thought "Shut up and die" was pretty appropriate given what Crono had just seen downstairs. I couldn't find any music that would go well with such a comment though, which is why I just opted for silence there.

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 06:51:56 pm »
I thought "Shut up and die" was pretty appropriate given what Crono had just seen downstairs. I couldn't find any music that would go well with such a comment though, which is why I just opted for silence there.

Shut up and die -- sounds a bit forced (for Chrono at least -- in CE, he seemed much too lax and carefree)

Though, if something popped into a rage thing, I guess. But I would... well, hopefully something like that doesn't happen to me now [>.>] -- yeah, best leave the story scenario to you guys ;) .

phelph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 06:55:54 pm »
its a tough call really. Chrono didnt talk, so really its up to someones imagination what he would say when he got heated up. Sounds reasonable :P

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:24 pm »
holy crap...  That chapter was beautiful....  I think the first face off before the guards are called in dinopolis could have been more epic however.  It seemed a little rushed.  Other than that though, this chapter seemed fun AND amazing. *Stands up and claps*

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 08:03:38 pm »
I was moved by the Crono / Marley scene.  I cried a little.  A very emotional game so far.  I think his response was on par.  He is 5 years older, married, and when he though he was done traipsing through time, here comes King Zeal and fucks everything up.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 08:15:05 pm »
It's funny that they complain that the Chrono Series doesn't sell. Do they realize that they remade the game and nothing more? If they want it to sell they need to get a different version of the Chrono Series out. Like I don't know, A SEQUEL!!! Even a graphically enhanced, character added, voice acting, side quest enforced remake of Chrono Cross!! God I swear SE can be the dumbest people out there. We should all go out and buy 2-3 more copies to shut them up! Oh yeah, another thing, NOBODY OVER 20 OWNS A DS!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 08:18:22 pm »
Magus claiming that they were space aliens was hilarious.

And having him say, in that totally deadpan way, "I lied," was just perfect.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 08:20:01 pm »
Magus' tall tale about "Outer Space" was so perfect because he delivered it so seriously. Best line in the game IMHO, and also a possible reference to Radical Dreamers, where Magil was from Mars or something in one scenario.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 08:26:41 pm »
it felt like something magus would say, especially guile.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 08:28:25 pm »
Lovely vids .
The choice concerning Ayla ...would you still have got those choices even if you had chosen a different choice when the party originally met King Zeal in the crater ?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 08:34:55 pm »
I think this is the best chapter so far.

But since destroying the Dragon Tooth will restore the time line, technically, Marle, Lucca, and Robo should loose all the experience they got. Since the inventory is shared, I guess there is no way to avoid that paradox with the items.

And, before that, once did their many past versions of them appeared in this time line thanks to TTI, it's a miracle their time before TB didn't affected anything further, though wierd considering how the Reptites have not record of humans after 1 AD, unless since this is a new time line not even TTI was able to make them appear, though it wouldn't explain the Cyborg appearing then.

I'm thinking too much into it, better just watch it, and think about it later.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 08:39:48 pm »
Zeality did a fantastic work on the dialogue in general, and on King Zeal and Magus in particular. I think we went with a really nice direction with Magus by avoiding the cardboard, Vegeta-esque Magus figure of CT. He's closer to Magil here (or a Magil that doesn't need to hide his identity anyway). Emo Magus is not the way to go for Chrono fangames and fanfiction IMHO.

Yourgingerestfan, you'd have the same choice but this time it's for real.

Acacia Sgt, since you're an astute viewer, I hope you'll catch the few plotholes that are in the game in some later chapters :) Everything before the Reptite chapters was thought out pretty thoroughly, but after that there are a few plotholes that I didn't fix due to college and other real life factors, essentially.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:22 pm »
But since destroying the Dragon Tooth will restore the time line, technically, Marle, Lucca, and Robo should loose all the experience they got.
C99 originally wanted to avoid that. But reverting their levels was considered too annoying or something like that.

And, before that, once did their many past versions of them appeared in this time line thanks to TTI, it's a miracle their time before TB didn't affected anything further,
I think we ignored that detail. Too much of a headache to consider all the time travels probably.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 08:46:49 pm »
But since destroying the Dragon Tooth will restore the time line, technically, Marle, Lucca, and Robo should loose all the experience they got.
C99 originally wanted to avoid that. But reverting their levels was considered too annoying or something like that.

Yeah, there was plan to revert their levels AND items (and Gold and Techs...everything), but since JP put the optional superboss in this part of the game...it would have been annoying for the player. From a coding standpoint we would have recorded all the necessary variables before the Reptite chapters and would paste back the old values over the new ones after the timeline restoration.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 08:53:26 pm »
I think it's for the best to have been done that way.

Well, did the superboss was meant to be defeatable the first time through, or only through a New Game +/a lot of grinding?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:56:57 pm by Acacia Sgt »