Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7  (Read 7285 times)

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 06:36:51 pm »
lol, I went on youtube and saw part 42 before it was made private XD.  I didn't watch very much though.  only like a few seconds.  Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise ;) Im excited about how long this is going to be

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »
Oops, thanks for letting us know. I walked away from the upload and it finished without me even giving and approving a video description apparently. Eheh. It's private now.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
Dangit, I'm only on Video 8.  You guys are moving so durn fast!  Or maybe I'm just so durn slow...

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 09:35:13 pm »
So I'm wondering, are we allowed to give constructive criticism? It's great and all and I love watching those videos, but there are some things that are just weird and I'd like to comment on them.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
We endorse freedom of speech here.

blocker209

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 09:45:44 pm »
On vid 20... the game just got so insanely good! I'm so sad I won't be able to play it!

I did NOT expect that turn of events at all, so good job writing you guys! * keeps watching *

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
We endorse freedom of speech here.
Ok, I wanted to post now but I have to go. Also I'll have to rewatch everything in order to comment. :P
Get ready for a huge post and I hope you guys don't kill me xD. It's just a few things that need to be polished, I swear xD

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:02 pm »
First of all, thank all of you guys, the videos show it was an amazing project, and the turn of events is awesome.
I want to know how many videos will take to complete the game's walkthrow? (an approximated number fits) and if Cedric is vanished or killed (lets assume he is), would Marle disappear as well or she would be unaffected thanks to TTI? (just a non intelligent fan question)

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 10:22:31 pm »
*grabs pitch-fork* I make no promises...  Also, I remember FW talkin about an added character when this first started.  You know, trying to make everyone know exactly what they were missing *glare*.  When abouts will that person be shown to us?  Part 42? :P.  Anyway, I wish I could say keep up the great work....  But in all honesty, theres no work to keep up at this point xD

Darn posters, posting when I'm trying to post >_>.  Blackcaped, judging from how Marle died in the past when Queen Leene was killed, I don't think TTI applies here.  I think it's the fact that this is a totally seperated timeline from what Marle is from.  There fore, any lineage here would have no effect on her, because she herself doesn't really exist.  Atleast, I THINK that's what they were going for. :P

*EDIT*
OMG OFF TOPIC EDIT!!!

Anywho, there's a guy on youtube who I know, and I got him to remix a couple songs from CC and CT for me for a movie I am making for school.  His remix of At the bottom of night was...  Amazing, and I thought you all should hear it.  I don't like that omgwtf check this link out thread >_> So V if you move this edit there I swear to god *Shakes fist* And I know you would...  Who am I kidding, probably still will....  *Sigh* anway here it is.  It is truly phenomenal.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eFZYbfgwc
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:30:01 pm by Mikisho »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »
Quote from: Blackcaped_imp
I want to know how many videos will take to complete the game's walkthrow? (an approximated number fits)
I'm still processing the footage, but judging from the current pace I'd say 85 ~ 90 videos as a guestimate.

Quote from: Blackcaped_imp
and if Cedric is vanished or killed (lets assume he is), would Marle disappear as well or she would be unaffected thanks to TTI?
I think the CE creators would say: unaffected due to Time Traveler's Immunity. CE plays up that concept hugely. Mikisho made a good point about Leene, and there's a ton of theory that's involved in getting around that little Yuji Horii-induced twist, though I'm not enough of a scholar on Chrono mechanics to answer how this differs from the Leene/Marle situation in CT.

Quote from: Mikisho
Also, I remember FW talkin about an added character when this first started.  You know, trying to make everyone know exactly what they were missing *glare*.  When abouts will that person be shown to us?  Part 42?
Eheheheh, I know exactly what you mean there, and that would have been awesome. However, that's not the character I was referring to. That chapter you caught a glimpse of is still really kickass though, especially due to extra touches that I think Chrono'99 added. That chapter really blows the player away too. Well, from Part 19 onward, I don't think there's a chapter of CE that doesn't blow the player away.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:49 pm »
cool.  Like I said I didn't see much at all.  I saw the screen pan down and then the group seeing that guy.  (Sorry I can't be more distinctive xD.  Spoilers and all.  But yeah, only the first 3 or 4 seconds.  So I'm hoping something happens there for me to be hiding for later xD)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »
*EDIT*
OMG OFF TOPIC EDIT!!!

Anywho, there's a guy on youtube who I know, and I got him to remix a couple songs from CC and CT for me for a movie I am making for school.  His remix of At the bottom of night was...  Amazing, and I thought you all should hear it.  I don't like that omgwtf check this link out thread >_> So V if you move this edit there I swear to god *Shakes fist* And I know you would...  Who am I kidding, probably still will....  *Sigh* anway here it is.  It is truly phenomenal.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eFZYbfgwc

1) You're right, I would move it because like you said, it's off topic (I mean, c'mon, it's like you're basically using the popularity of these threads to push your friend's remixes? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound too kosher)...

2) I wouldn't move it to the Check This Link Out thread because it's Chrono-related. You should have dumped it in the Submissions forum.

knuck, you probably won't get to this before you make your post, but I'll say it anyways...maybe you should make your comments either 1) in each YouTube vid or 2) in each respective Chapter thread depending on what your comments relate to...*shrugs*

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 10:50:17 pm »
So I'm wondering, are we allowed to give constructive criticism? It's great and all and I love watching those videos, but there are some things that are just weird and I'd like to comment on them.

Yeah don't worry, everyone is allowed to criticize; you shouldn't even need to ask for the permission :)

You know, despite being part of the CE "dream team", even I think there are some things that were not done in the best way possible. Originally I planned to polish everything in the game, checking every single map and every single line of coding to polish the scenes or adjust the coordinates of everything everywhere. I did that up to Chapter 11 (which will be part 30-something on CEMemorial). After that, I realized that it would take too much time to continue that way up to the final chapter (23), considering my schedule in real life, so I stopped polishing everything and just focused on a few important scenes and the ending. And even then there are things that were added to Chapters 0-11 after I polished these chapters. So feel free to comment; I wonder if you'll manage to be more picky than me ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:01:51 pm by Chrono'99 »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:12 pm »
It's true, I am using the popularity of these threads >_>  but only because he is amazing and deserves recognition.  I actually don't know the guy at all.  Our relationship is purely youtube based xD.  But yeah, thanks for not moving it I supppose ;) anwho, to get back on topic, seeing as I tend to get off quite frequently.  A12, do you have any intentions of increasing the update rate?  You knowm so that you can see the live reactions of all the videos before you leave?

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:28 pm »
The music is freaking amazing. Is there anyway I can download it?

And the game is still as amazingly inventive as usual, great job.