Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7  (Read 7440 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 05:38:55 am »
No Faust your just being crazy...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 07:41:35 am »
What's amazing is how much of the music overlaid in these chapters is from Claado Shou (of Chrono Symphonic fame!), specifically for CE! I'm not sure what he had in mind for the uses, but his works really snapped into place here.

"Crimson Echoes" - Main theme of Crimson Echoes
"Sheltering Light" - Theme of **********
"Vortices and Flame" - Theme of dark **********
"Cerulean Shadows" - King Zeal's theme
"Battle 3" - Actually meant to be the regular battle theme
"Modus Dissonantiae" - Porre Agent's theme
"Chronopolis" - Theme of Chronopolis
"Moment of Truth" - Used for revelations
"Peaceless Providence" - Theme of 1 A.D.

********** is a location that didn't make it into the final iteration of the plot for various reasons. It had an awesome name though, but I'll keep it under wraps I guess.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:43:54 am by Chrono'99 »

vicbear

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:11 am »
I swear...when I got to the part about Ann Guardia I thought you guys were going to make Marle pull off a Fry (Futurama) and become her own ancestor...that would be messed up haha...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 11:46:16 am »
Ayla died? Or was it just the loss of the flame? Either way, I felt this could have been better. And datacube? That better come back it baffles me! Also it would help to explain how there is a future if Lavos is still in the Earth and hasn't destroyed it yet in the 24th century. And where are the Dragonians? Was the blue guy the first one. Next Technology? I thought tech was only available in the human timeline. Next that robot was too compliant to believe their story. Then again, I'm just a critic.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 11:47:05 am »
Hahaha! I just finished watching this, and then I went to DeviantArt and looked at the Daily Deviations...and lo and behold...! Robo!

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:18 am »
I swear...when I got to the part about Ann Guardia I thought you guys were going to make Marle pull off a Fry (Futurama) and become her own ancestor...that would be messed up haha...

lol

but yeah, awesome job on these chapters.  It is amazing to see just how much Lavos effected the time line.  without it, modern era humanity would not have existed, so in a way in CT (as far as the story in CE is concerned) you really kill your savior.

grat job on the story though, its a+ stuff here.

@ZealKnight

dont think of it within the contexts of the old CT story line.  this is a much different future here.  One in which Lavos was killed in 65,000,000 BC.  So Zeal never fell and the Reptities were not wiped out entirely (that last part bout the reptites is just speculation on my part).

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:51:03 am by Geowil »

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 11:50:21 am »
They didn't take Lavos out. Only the Frozen Flame. King Zeal says he wants to destroy him, but we have no idea if he actually did. At least not yet.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 11:52:06 am »
They didn't take Lavos out. Only the Frozen Flame. King Zeal says he wants to destroy him, but we have no idea if he actually did. At least not yet.

theres a little thing called Foreshadowing that give people a flexible way to interpret things that might happen.  I am just foreshadowing that we find out that in this timeline King Zeal did in fact complete his mission.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:19 pm »
WRGFRGRHTGHZHHSHTH I'll be gone for a week and will miss all the juicy updates! D8

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 12:38:16 pm »
ZealKnight, you know...it's not like this was the ending of the game. There are many things to come in later chapters. If you don't understand something now, chances are it'll be explained later.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 12:45:09 pm »
Aye, it's a bit of a challenge to scrutinize plot/story when we haven't seen the whole story yet...

Anyhow, very well done guys. The new music is great. And the 1AD maps (both the OW and the dungeons) were spectacular--I loved 'em. The mappers have done a phenomenal job of conveying time through visual aesthetics alone. Amazing.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 12:56:36 pm »
Yeah, don't hesitate to speculate or comment the story. It's nice to read these posts. I just felt like commenting because ALL of ZealKnight's questions are answered directly or indirectly later in the game :)

During development there were times where we would discuss our own story and see what consequences each event had and if there were plot-holes, just like we do for the official series in the Analysis forums. It was fun.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 02:10:51 pm »
I'm just so excited! It's the wait that keeps me angry and forces me to make these comments!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 05:23:38 pm »
I hear ya man, and these chapters seem to cut off at the most inopportune times. If you think about it, it's phenomenal that a project made by fans can be so damn intriguing. I constantly have to stop myself from just bombarding these topics with posts of enthusiasm and fanboy-ism.

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 06:24:05 pm »

lol

but yeah, awesome job on these chapters.  It is amazing to see just how much Lavos effected the time line.  without it, modern era humanity would not have existed, so in a way in CT (as far as the story in CE is concerned) you really kill your savior.

grat job on the story though, its a+ stuff here.

True that Lavos invoked evoluation on the apes, but I think that was basically an objective just to have the planet have more life force so that he can consume and then destroy the planet. He's a double edged sword.