Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7  (Read 7303 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7
« on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:23 am »
I thought about taking a couple days off then realized I'm going on vacation later this month and want to have these out before I leave. Thus I bring you Chapter 7. What happened to our heroes??? What happened to the timeline???

Only one way to find out:

Video 20
Video 21
Video 22

Congrats you get a little bonus footage from chapter 8 since 7 ends in the middle of a video.

--JP

EDIT: Playlist doesn't seem to be working correctly will fix soon.  Playlist is fixed playnext=?? is just a boolean.......whoops
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:21:23 am by Agent 12 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:49 am »
This ones for you Mikisho.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 03:18:28 am »
Oh boy, you went ahead and released after all!

YOU PEOPLE CAN'T MISS THESE CHAPTERS.
 :1999

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:09 am »
Yea......even with one a day I won't get them all out in time :( I want to see as many of the reactions real time as I can.   

--JP

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:59 am »
Awesome, basically the event beforehand serve as to have a nice look into each character , the problem is do you include Ayla's too? How about Leah, who rumored to be Ayla's mother?
I hope there is a footage showing her past and her characteristic

March into the footage ~~~~

EDIT::
I shall not miss it, I must say the music is godly~You guys have a great taste in music. :o
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:28:42 am by kid123 »

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:31:23 am »
I'm looking forward to Chapter 8 for a couple of fairly big reasons. I won't spoil them here, though I will have a couple questions for you guys tomorrow, depending on what the commentary for those parts is.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:31 am »
Hehe, I started watching them before you made this topic...

...and possibly before the 3rd of the videos was posted.  But maybe I just didn't see it. /shrug

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:45:56 am »
Wow...  As Faust said in the comment on Part 22.  The scene at the end of Marles story is truly amazing.  I'm loking forward to Robo and Lucca's side story, because Robo is one of the characters I've had the most fun with in the past.

Also, Faust....  DID you have Ice 2 during that gameplay?  I find it kind of hard for you not to, seeing as it's a new game plus....

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:55:20 am »
Quote from: kid123
I must say the music is godly~You guys have a great taste in music.
What's amazing is how much of the music overlaid in these chapters is from Claado Shou (of Chrono Symphonic fame!), specifically for CE! I'm not sure what he had in mind for the uses, but his works really snapped into place here. By the time the CE team ordered up a video walkthrough to accompany the projected release, they realized that Claado Shou's music wouldn't make it in because it would have to be recomposed in MIDI and Claado Shou himself couldn't be contacted in time.

So what's an aspiring modder-turned-video-walkthrough-er to do but switch off all the music and shoop it in for the walkthrough? I threw some other tracks in there while I was at it. Too bad I didn't take the time to do more chapters like that, but the Emerald Dream ones really demanded this kind of treatment in my mind.

Mikisho, I did not end up with Ice 2 by the time I did the NG+ run-through, mostly because I didn't use Marle too much, eheh.  It's actually a "Continue +"; in CE, you had the option to restart the game with any save data, which was pretty cool. I was in the middle of my third beta testing/preview footage run when the CE team decided they wanted a video walkthrough, so I fired up a Continue + from a 3/4 complete point in the game I think. What's kind of embarrassing is that later on you'll see where I hacked a savestate to get all of Ayla's techs so I could show them off without having to waste time grinding.

Oh snap, was that a spoiler?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:57:07 am by FaustWolf »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:10 am »
continue +?

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 04:03:15 am »
Interesting...  Lol at A12 having no idea what you're talking about and it's his own game xD.  Also, if you're able to sub in music, you should try subbing in Lavos' Theme during the epicness of part 19.  If it isn't too much trouble :).  Anway, I'm out til tomorrow night I guess xD.  Also, A12, you should try maybe uploading two chapters a day if you get time.  Like, one at mdnight like you are doing, and then one at noon or something.  That way you get to see all the live reactions AND we et more CE.  IT'S WIN WIN!!!

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 04:11:22 am »
Agreed Mikisho, we are, afterall 'hardcore consumer' hint hint
Don't take your word away, A12   :mrgreen:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 04:13:49 am »
Quote from: Agent 12
continue +?
...apparently the best coding accident you've ever done?  :D  It totally was not in CT to my knowledge, but it totally was in CE. I'm not sure if you meant to have it in the full game though.

Quote from: Mikisho
Also, if you're able to sub in music, you should try subbing in Lavos' Theme during the epicness of part 19.
The problem is I need an audio track with just natural in-game sound effects, and I never thought to do that before the C&D. The idea was sort of a one-shot tribute to the Emerald Dream chapters. However, I think Geiger or JCE3000GT had a Chrono Trigger sound sample/instrument pack laying around somewhere...it's possible I could fake it with a hella lot of elbow grease.

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 04:17:05 am »
Awesome vids, I'm addicted to CE.

I wonder how many people will watch the whole game twice O_O

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 04:31:36 am »
Quote from: Agent 12
continue +?
Oh, wait. It might not have actually been called "Continue +," like on the startup screen. I think I just call it that because you can load it from an in-progress game. I might be getting confused with Chrono Cross, which I could have sworn had a feature actually called Continue +. Unless I'm making that up too 8)