Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Apocalypse. Please redirect your attention to the CTA forum.  (Read 7214 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion

So basically you're putting production of Episode 5 on the backburner to get yourself started on your FF6 flash series?

Just wondering if your priorities are sorted in the most appropriate manner for your protocols.

No I am not putting either on the backburner. I had been developing a plot for nearly a year for my ff6 sequel much like this one and the whole idea was that once I completed my idea and got all the plot figured out for FF6 that I would switch up by doing animations every other time.

For example. FF6: Prologue, CTA V, FF6: I, CTA VI, FF6: II, CTA VII, and so on.

I want to keep fresh ideas in my mind so I don't get bored with chrono trigger.

VesselofAnima

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I think you might want to proofread your dialogue in future episodes.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
I think you might want to proofread your dialogue in future episodes.

Random...

At the same time it is also already been said.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile

So sorry for putting you on the defensive like that.

I understand how hard animation can be, close to the point of being painstakingly unbearable at times.

Believe me, I have the utmost respect for people who do computer animation.

I especially respect those who still toil at traditional cel-shaded animation @ 30 frames/sec.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
How's the next episode coming?

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
0 progress at the moment. After ff6 Ascension Prologue gets done, CTA V will be getting work done.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Unofficial Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Thread (CTA IV DONE LOOK!)
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2009, 01:23:12 am »
Wow I just caught up (cuz i'm a slacker) and I loved episode IV! That battle system is SO cool! Anyway take your time, can't wait for the next episode.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Re: The Official Unofficial Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Thread (CTA IV DONE LOOK!)
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 10:13:44 pm »
Ya I am gonna try to get an advanced Actionscript coder and make a true battle system eventually.

School and Sports has really halted all progress. As soon as I get my FF6 Prologue done I can begin thinking on whether to put Episode 5 and 6 together or what.

It is planned to be long, but I don't know.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:03 pm »
This has been taken from my blog post over at Newgrounds

Final Fantasy VI: Ascension, Chrono Trigger Apocalypse V (Programmer wanted)

Ok let's get down to it. Progress has been hindered... School blows and with that said I have to use my free time on sports or homework. When I am home on the computer, I can't get any animating done, I have enough time to layout storylines and scripts. I can't believe I have time to even post this, yet alone make graphics for some guys madness day game... If he ever pms me in time.

Anyway let's go ahead and give an outlook on what we are seeing.

Final Fantasy VI: Ascension
Prologue

You can expect this one to just give a layout of what the world is like after the whole original FF6 story. I have litterally been planning the whole idea for a year and in the last month I have just been fine tuning the ideas, with the help from a good friend (R1665). I am already saying that you won't be seeing every character. Some of them just want to live out their lives normally, but believe me when I say that every major character is in.

I expect to have a good showing. I hope I can finish it soon and get it out by at the end of the month at the latest. I think everyone will appreciate what I already consider to be the best FF6 flash on NG. I am talking about story as well as the animation quality.

Chrono Trigger Apocalypse V

There has been no work on this as of yet. So I might as well give you the premise of this episode and what I have decided on doing.

This episode will follow what has happenned to Frog and Magus. Where will it take them? It will be a place pivotol to the storyline and will definetley be a major achievement in what I plan to have become a complete battle system. I plan to have the system working completely, but just for one character. It outta be a fun experience in what I have planned and really outta get some people wanting to play. I will post a screenshot of it, just to get people drooling once I come to it.

I might as well go into the future to say that episode VI will have Crono and Lucca's story and Episode VII will be a suprise and I have something good in mind. It will center around two characters. Everything will come together extremely well and I hope to add more playability in this series. For example, say you are in an area where it's mostly blocks of text just explaining things like the End of Time and talking to Gaspar and Spekkio. I will hopefully be able to let you walk around the area talking to various characters and leave when you please. It won't be a trial and error thing either. If you go to a place that will leave the area and you don't know it, I will put it on there. "Entering here will leave the area and advance the story, please make sure you have talked to everyone to get the full effect." Then there will be a go and go back buttons. This will take a lot of code and with this comes an announcement.

I am looking for a programmer. Someone who can make a battle system as well as help me make areas where your character can walk around. The major issue is that... there is no pay. So basically I am looking for someone who will do it for the love of the series or just the love of programming. You will make money off the API if you have it enabled anyway, so I will just make it a 60 percent take in the programmer's favor right off the bat.

So this is going on the front page... Might as well have a screenshot to.

What does this mean for you guys as in the programmer part? Well you need to know actionscript 2.0 and be hella good with it.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2009, 10:58:54 pm »

Wish I could help you, neo, except I don't know jack about actionscript.

I'm just an expert in narrative structure and character development.  Hey, that's what you get for being an English Major... not that it's a bad thing.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2009, 08:00:39 pm »
Final Fantasy 6 Ascension is almost done. I just got to finish the last scene, make the credits and make the menu all purty.

After that. I take a slim vacation to focus on golf. Then it's back to the old grind and starting to make the script for CTA V.

The thing about both of these series. Every episode is layed out. The ideas are all there already and everything's premise is there. Is all I really have to do is set the lines for each character down and do everything that involves polishing then putting it together in flash.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:29 pm »
Ha, I love how you call a break from Chrono a "vacation"! Keep up the spirit.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47:51 am »
Hahahaha, he's taking a Chrono Break!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2009, 01:07:33 pm »

Hahahaha, he's taking a Chrono Break!

Hee hee hee. :D

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2009, 09:42:53 pm »
Ha, I love how you call a break from Chrono a "vacation"! Keep up the spirit.

I have fun animating believe me, but when I made the last battle system the way I did... Ya that was rather annoying.

Anyway, Chrono Break lol.