Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Apocalypse. Please redirect your attention to the CTA forum.  (Read 7389 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
It was made so that you could post your updates, progress and discussions related to your project there, and make new threads for it if need be. No one visits because there are never any new posts; but, if you put your updates and discussions there instead, everyone else will move as well.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile

Really nice work done, neo-fusion.

This series has officially gotten interesting.

I just couldn't believe how off I was in my deduction of your story so far.

Oh, well.  No more guesses from this English Major.  Keep up the production.  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
That was great.  You keep getting better and better!  Although... I still think you need someone to help you with the writing.  Just going to be honest...

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Well if you could tell from the first three scenes the writing changed a bit. I have a guy helping me but we only got those first three before I finished it.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile

I believe that, after watching the series thus far, the spelling and grammar problems are minor at best.  Nothing that can't be fixed up.

You should never let minor deviations in your writing ability hinder your ability to write great dialogue.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Well today marks day 1 on a different project.

I am doing a final fantasy 6 project so that I can keep something fresh coming in and not get bored with Chrono Trigger Animating.

I think it is a good move and if everything goes to plan I could have it ready for release on Monday.

I will be taking Wednesday until Monday off from all animating due to school starting that week.

I also have a lot of ideas planned for the next chapter in the CTA series. I could do 1 large upscale episode or seperate the two things I have in mind into two regular episodes. Either way each of these quests lengths won't change.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile

So when you say you want to "keep something fresh coming", what kind of story did you have in mind for your FF6 project?

Also, I would recommend breaking your next CTA episode into two parts instead of making it one large one because

a) It helps diversify your interest in your other projects, b) it'll help stave off the boredom of staying on one project.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
I had a sequel idea. By fresh I ment switching up games and giving me a break from CTA animating.

The whole reason I plan on doing an ff6 flash is that when on newgrounds I check out animations from time to time.

So far from what I have seen the best ff6 sprite animator on newgrounds is http://danylaporte.newgrounds.com/.

The animation is sub-par and he shows lack of skill moreso by doing his project off the story before ff6 which a lot of it is explained.

The other guy who contends to be the best is http://tootbook.newgrounds.com/.

His story is his own unique one. The only problem is that he has done many animations and he has many flaws and continuuation errors. The bigger problem is that he has built such a big fanbase that his flashes are grossly over rated.

It really does disgust me to see two average animators be the two vying for the top spot off best ff6 sprite animator on the web.

I believe that with CTA IV I became the best CT animator on newgrounds and it was never a goal. With my FF^ animation it will be a goal to do newgrounds viewers and ff6 justice. I have been developing this story for about a year now, much like chrono trigger apocalypse. It took a lot of time to make the CT sequel fit so well and I plan to do the same here.

I will post progress of my ff6 flash here as well since it won't be before it's done before i can start CTA again.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile

Very nice aspiration to shoot for, neo-fusion.

And you're right about the Newgrounds viewers.  Maybe they're just giving high ratings to that one guy because they've got nothing better to rate than that.  By doing this, though, you'll be giving them something better to rate. Best of luck to you.

Just one question: Have you considered any outside assistance on story or character development for your proposed FF6 series?

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Yes the guy who is helping me in minor ways on FF6 and my grammar guy for CTA is the guy who made this http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/506123, and we talk on a nightly basis.

Please view that flash.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
All I can say is... wow. :shock:

With that guy helping you with animation, I'd say you're in good hands.

We'll see how your series turns out after he's put in his fair share.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:35:34 pm by GenesisOne »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Yea he was the guy who redid the magus sprites for me. did it in 2 minutes.

He is actually a very cool and very nice guy.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
His flash is soooooo long. Impressive, but fucking long. And resource intensive. It sounded like he did all the voices himself, but maybe not, there were some ladies in there I think. But yeah, he definitely knows what he's doing. Makes my cartoon look like a little kid did it. I gotta step up my game and make something worth showing here.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Ya lol.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile

So basically you're putting production of Episode 5 on the backburner to get yourself started on your FF6 flash series?

Just wondering if your priorities are sorted in the most appropriate manner for your protocols.