Author Topic: Who likes to drink?  (Read 3598 times)

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Re: Who likes to drink?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 09:49:12 pm »
Where can I find aguardiente? It sounds good.

I've never had hard cider, most likely from what you said how it's hard to come by. I'll try and find some of that too.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:06 pm »
After I went to the UK I got hooked on hard cider.  They love Strongbow there, and after having it a few times I somehow fell in love with it.  It's harder to find here in the States, and expensive, but I can make do with some Amber Woodchuck.

I had some Strongbow when I was over in the UK. I've yet to find a cider Stateside that I've liked as much, although I very rarely drink.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:09:59 pm »
Where can I find aguardiente? It sounds good.

Aguardiente comes from the Latin aqua ardens, it is liquor obtained by distillation. Generally, rum, vodka, gin and a lot more can be called aqua ardens'. The beverage I mentioned is one made in Latin America mostly, most specific here in Colombia. It's made from sugar cane, mixed with anisette in the process (if anyone know the proper translation for "anis" in Spanish and I'm wrong, please be kind and correct me).  
As far as I can tell its taste is pretty sweet, it's quite good, not as good as rum, but awesome for tropical family reunions.   :lol:

Note: i do not know if aguardiente has any specific translation into English, sorry if I'm wrong.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 12:14:44 am »
I had some Strongbow when I was over in the UK. I've yet to find a cider Stateside that I've liked as much, although I very rarely drink.

Have you tried the Amber Woodchuck?  That's the best I've had stateside.  I think it's made in Massachusetts... The Green Apple Cider and the Apple Pear Cider isn't worth trying, though...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 12:20:27 am »
I don't drink much at all. If I do, it's usually one beer and that's maybe once a month, on the occasion that I'm having dinner with my dad or meeting up with some friends I haven't seen in several weeks. If it's not that, then it's when I'm seeing a band at a bar, which is maybe once every two months. And in that case I'll have two or three when I get there, hang out for a few hours listening to music, and have a buddy drive me home. I hate hangovers and know my limits.

I was not always this way. First off, I never had a drink until I was 18, and that was a beer with my parents because I graduated. Then I went to a University, and despised frats, but loved parties(just not in my house). The best advice I can give anyone is know your limits.

Specifically, don't ever:

A. Drink straight from the liquor bottle (Made that mistake once)
B. Use a beer bong with multiple Solo cups full of boxed red wine (Also once. Same year)
C. Drink by yourself (I never did this but man oh man it's a bad sign)

Why:

A. You'll never know how much you actually drank, so it really could be an obscene amount, or even a lethal amount.
B. You will vomit very shortly after and it will look a lot like blood.
C. This means don't keep drinking when other people pass out.

Alcohol was never "my thing" but I have had a few crazy experiences. Lesson learned. Moderation is key, as with all things in life.

PS. Obviously don't drink and drive. Even if you're some crazy person who wants to commit murder and/or suicide, on the off chance you live, cops are sneaky bastards and when I'm sober they come out of nowhere so it has to be ten times worse if you're drunk.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:00 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, an inspiration to us all, Mr. Norstein Bekkler.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 12:37:40 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, an inspiration to us all, Mr. Norstein Bekkler.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I hope the advice is taken seriously. That's all that matters. Alcohol can very easily be made very dangerous. And I'm not talking about Bacardi 151 in a bottle with a cloth and a lit zippo type of dangerous.

Edit: One last piece of advice. I've had to take care of my little sister while she's puking her guts out and passing out in the bathroom and stuff. She grew out of that after a while, but it was pretty bad when that stuff was happening. If you have a friend in that type of situation, regardless of what kind of help you get them later, make sure they don't pass out looking straight up. turn them on their side. Otherwise they'll choke and die if they vomit while asleep.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:41:02 am by Mr Bekkler »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 01:49:33 am »
I like to drink.  At times, I like to be drunk.  Like fucking drunk.  There, I said it.  When this gets read in type it'll come across as pretty blatant.  Not so much, really I have a nice night to sit back and drink a few, smoke a few, and listen to some tunes, play some tunes, write comedy sketches that are miserable in the morning about once a week.  Keeps me sane.  Still though, I've seen every side of the fence.  Used to date a girl who (among many other problems) had a severe drinking problem.  It was awful to see her sometimes.  She has since cleaned up her act and it's great to see.  I feel if you "wash it out" as I say about once a week, it'll be enough to keep ya honest and not a.bottling tons of shit in; or b.be a drunk mess constantly.

Drunk driving is bad, no doubt about it.  A lot of bars will call a cab for you if you ask/are blatantly shitfaced.  Also, 1-800-taxi-cab (no joke) is easy to remember.

As for the drinks of choice, Faust you made me smile when I saw Molson's....Molson Ice, Singha, Stella Artois, even some Budweiser and Miller High Life/MGD.  Worst I think ever had was a Mississippi Mud.  Or a Crazy Horse.  I also like whiskey, vodka, tequila, but those lead to bad times.

Use your head.  Learn from the mistakes you see around you (there is/will be plenty to choose from), and you''l be fine.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 03:43:31 am »

Have you tried the Amber Woodchuck?  That's the best I've had stateside.  I think it's made in Massachusetts... The Green Apple Cider and the Apple Pear Cider isn't worth trying, though...

Don't think I have; I don't really get cider frequently, but I'll see if they have it the next time I pick some up.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 06:23:35 am »
well i drink alot of alcohol when i can afford to i drink absinthe  u can normaly get a bottle for $70 for a 500 ml bottle this stuff is awesome i drink quite a few bottles of this a week alcohol % is 70% WOOOHOOOO well worth it 1-2 shots up ya f@cked up XD

and also bundaburg rum best stuff u can get in australia and scotch i love it 

i drink these all straight 

and moving on to the softer drinks

i drink beer too my fav is Toohys extra dry a 24 pack usaly lasts me 3 days or less its got a good alcohol % in it a whopping 7%

if i cant afford beer i make my own and thats just as strong as about 15% to 20% alcohol XD

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 10:20:11 am »
Don't think I have; I don't really get cider frequently, but I'll see if they have it the next time I pick some up.

It's not as good as Strongbow, but it's the best I've had stateside.  It's about $7-8 for a bottled six pack, so it's a tad pricey.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 11:38:05 pm »
And a dark secret of mine is that I actually enjoy margaritas...a lot. Delicious, delicious margaritas. I don't care if it's a chick drink. They're friggin good. That's right I said it.

Last time I checked "Margaritaville" was not a ladies only destination....

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 01:43:13 pm »

It's not as good as Strongbow, but it's the best I've had stateside.  It's about $7-8 for a bottled six pack, so it's a tad pricey.

Yeah that is. Sometimes it's well worth spending a few extra dollars to get something good. When I go up to NY to visit my dad, alot of my old friends drink cheap garbage. If I'm going to drink it, might as well make it worth while right?

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 11:02:14 pm »
Wow, I can't believe I just came across this topic now.

I enjoy drinking.  My drink of preference is vodka, and I drink it straight.  I also like whiskey a lot, and I saw a few people mention Woodchuck ciders.  A friend of mine got me hooked on them last semester.

I drink about once or twice a week, and it's almost always in my house.  I go to parties on occasion, but most of the time I'm a huge homebody and like to be at my house with my siblings and friends.

I'm a total lightweight.  It's kind of ridiculous, especially compared to my boyfriend who can drink me under the table 20 times over and not even become slightly tipsy!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:05:46 pm by Sajainta »

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 01:37:15 am »
I've yet to touch alcohol. I've never quite understood the appeal, given the inherent dangers of over-consumption.

I think I'll stick to hammering myself on milk for the time being.  8)