Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 6  (Read 5541 times)

vicbear

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 6
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »
whoa I got goosebumps watching that last scene.

Magihunter

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »
Absolutely loving these! Such a shame, watching these videos makes the C&D hurt even more, though, I am happy even to just see these! By the way, good choice on Crono talking, he finally has some life to him!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:12 pm »
By the way, good choice on Crono talking, he finally has some life to him!

Glad you like it :) For those who don't or who find it surprising, here are the main reasons why we made him talk:

1/ He isn't the main character of CE. The game is kind of like FFVI as there's not obvious main character. All the PCs, except Ayla, have roughly the same amount of screentime and importance in the story. So the player isn't really playing "as Crono" this time around.

2/ He is a married man. That's a pretty huge difference between CE Crono and CT Crono, and we had to make him talk to develop this part of his character.

3/ Part of the point of CE was, simply put, to say goodbye to CT and hello to CC. You can't say goodbye if you're mute.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
Pure poetry. I mean, fuck, Zeality, that was just beautiful, man. And the coding and mapping...phenomenal job guys.

BUT THESE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS, THEY'RE KILLING ME.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 01:37:52 pm »
Yeah, CE was just so freaking amazing in every way. For those of you who've been bored with the tried-and-true Chrono Trigger audio (I think some new tracks would have made it in during the final 2%), just wait until the next few chapters are uploaded. Claado Shou's "Battle 3" used during the Megasaur fight is just a small drop of the goodness that's in store.

As for endings -- probably the best way to do this is to upload the beginning-to-end playthrough, and then upload the alternate endings.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:39:25 pm by FaustWolf »

animelover12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
As for endings -- probably the best way to do this is to upload the beginning-to-end playthrough, and then upload the alternate endings.

Hm..., am I right to guess you can choose to fight King Zeal here and if you win, you get CE's version of the Dream Project ending  8)?

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 05:08:25 pm »
By the way, good choice on Crono talking, he finally has some life to him!

Glad you like it :) For those who don't or who find it surprising, here are the main reasons why we made him talk:

1/ He isn't the main character of CE. The game is kind of like FFVI as there's not obvious main character. All the PCs, except Ayla, have roughly the same amount of screentime and importance in the story. So the player isn't really playing "as Crono" this time around.

2/ He is a married man. That's a pretty huge difference between CE Crono and CT Crono, and we had to make him talk to develop this part of his character.

3/ Part of the point of CE was, simply put, to say goodbye to CT and hello to CC. You can't say goodbye if you're mute.

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed out about the complete lack of Ayla screen time, and it doesn't look like she was rescued at all, despite the fact you didn't fight the King. Sadly I'm not digging it so far. It is supposed to get better from what people are saying.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 05:14:33 pm »
Incase people are interested:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8por2/chrono_trigger_crimson_echoes_98_build_youtube/

Falcon...I guess we'll see. In my opinion this chapter was the peak of awesomeness though. Definitely one of my favorite maps, best sound track, awesome cutscene, awesome puzzle, good boss (you can't tell since it's new game+ though).   If you aren't digging it after that chapter it may not be your type of game, which is totally understandable. I knew going into this that we wouldn't please everyone.

--JP

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:51 pm »
Yeah, CE has the appearance of CT but it's really the spirit of CC that animates it.

The lack of Ayla screentime in this early part of the game is because Schala was meant to take her spot as a PC.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »
holy crap, i did not expect what happened in part 19.....

frigging awesome.  I also got goosebumps from that part, its gota be one the the best scenes out of all the games I own and have played.

so does this mean Ayla dies? (i mean she was right next to King Zeal when he finished the summoning spell/Ultimate fire thing, no way she could live thru that right? or was that part of the 2%? lol)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 06:43:04 pm »
That last scene is awesome. Now I wonder what would have happened if yes is chosen...

An unwinnable battle with the same/a different outcome?

Chrono Mizaki

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 07:26:41 pm »
I liked the scene, but the music used for King Zeal just killed it imo. I know I should be appreciating it, but the reuse of the boss theme just killed it and I enjoying it far less than I should.

Eh.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:42 pm »
Geo-  Her story isn't over yet :)
Acacia - There were talks to make that the "lavos at zeal" battle where beating him took you to the dev room. It wasn't implemented though I think in this build you try to attack but get shot back and then scene continues

Chrono Miz - Out of curiousity do you have a song (from chrono trigger) that would have fit better? Was it the pace/mood of the music you weren't happy with? Maybe if we would have gotten better at inserting music we could have given this a brand new song.....meh.  Just to note I personally think the song fit very well and especially love the end when things switch to the lavos scream and the screen turns white etc.

--JP

vicbear

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 07:44:44 pm »
So is King Zeal really being controlled by Lavos? He claims it is the other way round and that he is manipulating the frozen flame, but when he referred to himself he said "us"....

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »
Oh snap, if I knew people would have wanted different music for the Atash Kedah...but it's too late to go back now. Damn it. I never thought it took away from the scene though. Well, again, if you're rather tired with the same old CT music, just wait until the next volley of chapters. Heh heh heh...