Author Topic: being cast into 600 AD from Zeal bbl  (Read 2654 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
being cast into 600 AD from Zeal bbl
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
   Beginning algebra in college is an evil substance that this planet must be rid of. algebra in the summer is an even more vile substance. However, if you play registration right, you might end up with a nice long version of it that doesn't meet as often.

Needless to say, I must leave sis, kitty, pretty buildings, etc. and go complete it so I can stomp on it afterward and burn the textbook.

I'll see you guys in a few months. *waves*

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: being cast into 600 AD from Zeal bbl
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:34:29 am »
Come on, algebra can't be that evil.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:38:18 am »
Imagine how much Algebra Magus had to learn to summon Lavos!

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:52:26 am »
Beware, Sho Minamimoto gonna hunt you down for saying that.

Imagine how much Algebra Magus had to learn to summon Lavos!

At least Magus do not had to learn as much as Belthasar, especially on Project Kid. Oh god just look on how many wall of algebra gonna be written.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 12:53:35 am »
Gah, our resident Fiendlord is leaving! I miss him already.

I've got that this quarter, and the next math course in Fall quarter. It really sucks. If you need help, gmail me! Good luck, Fiendlord!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:11:14 am »
 Thanks Zeph. If anything it'll probably be with Quadratics. You know those long equations divided by another long equation, all either divided or multiplied by the same sort of structure on the other side. God forbid you forget to mark something on it.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 03:19:53 am »
Thanks Zeph. If anything it'll probably be with Quadratics. You know those long equations divided by another long equation, all either divided or multiplied by the same sort of structure on the other side. God forbid you forget to mark something on it.
I genuinely consider that fun.Us math majors are a lonely lot V_V

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:28:07 am »
Yeah, Algebra's not hard, man. College Algebra is incredibly easy. I'm not even sure why I had to take it, seeing as I got the more in-depth version in seventh grade like nine or ten years ago.

Oh yeah, probably because it was nine or ten years ago!

It definitely sucks, but it's not hard. Take a couple programming classes, or just wait til Trig and Calculus. Those suck WAY worse than anything algebra has to throw at you.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 03:41:37 am »

Solving quadratic equations? Oh, cool stuff. I was working on that with a friend of mine a little while back. He had this Latin work (translated from Arabic into Latin, that is) from something like the 11th century telling a step by step method to solve a quadratic equation. Really a very nifty thing.

However, the nice thing about quadratics are is that, provided that there are roots, the solution is relatively simple to come by, seeing as you can follow a set of steps. Now multivariable differential equations... that's a different beast altogether. Think about instead of having x^2 and x in the equation, having rather both dx/dy and (dx/dy)^2.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:15:39 am »
Good thinking kicking the forum habit for courses.  Hope all goes really well.  In the words of Kintaro Oe:

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY!

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:33 am »
...the hell?

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 04:58:28 am »
 :lol:  That's a Golden Boy reference.  Funny, silly anime.  Surprisingly well scripted given its prevailing themes, which can be deduced pretty easily with a google image search.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:59 pm »
Algebra, like most maths (though I think moreso), is incredibly repetitive and soul-crushing. I failed Algebra 1 in Highschool 2 times (though partly because I kept copying my old work each new year and not bothering to relearn anything :lol:), then I got into Algebra 2 and halfway in was like, "FUCKTHISSHIT!" and just finished up my math creds by going into a remedial maths class that was taught by the shop teacher where everyone just fucked around (hey! my people!)...

KillaGouge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 03:43:43 pm »
I think a Lavos summon would require at least dimensional calculus, if not something more evil than algebra and calculus combined: Statistics

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »
I think a Lavos summon would require at least dimensional calculus, if not something more evil than algebra and calculus combined: Statistics

HAH!  My dad's a statistician.  Too bad he never played any RPGs after FFIV, otherwise I'd have to send him this quote.